My Cathe Chrono Mission

DAY 6 of Cathe Time Travel Rotation
Saturday 5/7/22
CTX Kickboxing

I'd never done this one before. My first exposure to Cathe kickboxing was from later series, probably Shock Cardio with its MMA stuff that I thought was too complicated for me. How wrong I was! I had no idea this would be so easy. Well, as modified, it was easy today anyway LOL I didn't do any jumping or anything that felt twinge-y on my bad knee so it was easier than I had anticipated -- and shorter too. I forgot there was cardio and abs tacked on at the end. I had expected a full hour of kickboxing. But that's okay, I'm sure there's plenty of 1-hour-plus workouts ahead of me.

DAY 7 of Cathe Time Travel Rotation
Sunday 5/8/22

A rest day.

DAY 8 of Cathe Time Travel Rotation
Monday 5/8/22
Pure Strength Back/Biceps (no Abs)

I have a 12 hour shift at work which starts at 8am so I didn't have time to do the entire DVD but I got 30 minutes in which included the warmup, back , biceps and a little stretch on my own. I have done the PS series many many times. It was one of my first Cathe VHS tape sets. Now having done STS a few times as well, her earlier strength training workouts always seem rushed as did this one today. I still got through it with 65% 1RM but I did take an extra 30 seconds of rest between sets here and there.

DAY 9 of Cathe Time Travel Rotation
Tuesday 5/10/22

A rest day on the workout calendar but I prepared and planted my vegetable garden which garnered me over 12,500 steps and wore me out! Let's call it "lifestyle exercise".

DAY 10 of Cathe Time Travel Rotation
Wednesday 5/11/22
Pure Strength Chest/Shoulders (no Triceps)

I have a 10 hour shift at work today, again starting at 8am, so once more I had just 30 minutes. I'll add triceps on to Leg/Abs tomorrow when I'm off.

Last edited:
I had a hiatus for a few days (a week?!) Mother’s Day activities, then a birthday, daughter visited, loads of work, but honestly …. Probably more due to dread factor as I had scheduled next to do Hardcore Extreme - interval blast and legs. Did the first 30min of it last night but DH interrupted me and I didn’t get back to it. Shall attempt again tonight- all of it.

In between have only done Boss Bands Glutes and Core. Very easy compared to last night’s half-hour!!

DAY 11 of Cathe Time Travel Rotation
Thursday 5/12/22

Another major garden day, this time flowers out front of the house, and over 10,500 steps--more "lifestyle exercise". Had to get out super early because of unseasonably hot temps and sun. Lots of weeding, then planting perennials from a greenhouse. It took all my energy

DAY 12 of Cathe Time Travel Rotation
Friday 5/13/22
Pure Strength Strong Legs and Abs with Triceps

I had another 12 hour shift at work so I did just the floor legs and abs but added on the triceps I'd missed. I'll hit standing legs in my boot camp workout in a couple of days.

DAY 13 of Cathe Time Travel Rotation
Saturday 5/14/22

A planned rest day on the workout calendar with a little bit of garden work, made my husband a shepherd's pie, while doing some laundry and finally an early afternoon trip to the local brewpub with my son followed by carryout Thai food and couple hours of TV before falling exhausted into bed at 8. It's been a busy week!

DAY 14 of Cathe Time Travel Rotation
Sunday 5/15/22
CTX Power Circuits

My boot camp workout for the week was CTX Power Circuits (which was all lower body) with the upper body section from Step-N-Motion repeated twice. It was really a lot of fun and I find that I can almost follow Cathe's early step workouts. I like that she adds in grapevines and floor stuff too.

DAY 15 of Cathe Time Travel Rotation
Monday 5/16/22
Step Fit

It was a cardio day so I did Step Fit (well only the first 30 minutes since I had an 8 am start and a 45 minute commute to the job). Again, I could almost follow everything. Honestly, if I did these early steps over and over a few times, I really would "get it". I believe this rotation is going to make a Cathe Stepper out of me yet! :D

DAY 16 of Cathe Time Travel Rotation
Tuesday 5/17/22

A unplanned rest day today. I was originally going to do Pyramid Upper Body but I tweaked something in my upper back on Sunday and I will rearrange things so I can have this day off. I've got broccoli and cauliflower plants as well as some flowers that I ordered online for the front garden which arrived yesterday and need to be put in the ground. Between that and a little cooking for tomorrow's 12 hour shift, I'm going to take it easy and hope the back is at 100% by tomorrow.

Last edited:
DAY 17 of Cathe Time Travel Rotation
Wednesday 5/18/22

Planned rest day. Worked 8am-8pm.

DAY 18 of Cathe Time Travel Rotation
Thursday 5/19 /22
Pyramid UB

One of my old favorites which I have done dozens, probably over 100, times. This time I did up and down the pyramid. Sometimes I only do Pyramid Up if I'm tired or running out of time. Sometimes I do what I call Pyramid Way Up and instead of going down on weights after 8 reps, I lift heavier for 6 and then heaviest for 4, going up five times instead of coming back down. I LOVE THIS WORKOUT!

DAY 19 of Cathe Time Travel Rotation
Friday 5/20/22
Pyramid LB

I went up the pyramid only on this one because of my wonky knee. I did do the floorwork. It reminded me how beneficial and absolutely non-impact floorwork can be and I'm going to do some once a week as I'm rehabbing the knee.

DAY 20 of Cathe Time Travel Rotation
Saturday 5/21/22

Planned rest day.

From here on out, I'll check in once a week and report what I've done. I'm really loving this rotation. Going back through all the Cathe workouts I've known, loved, dreaded and done as well as doing some of the old ones for the first time ever has been such a fun endeavor!

I'm so sorry Lianne - I ground to a halt.
Came up against Hardcore Extreme and stalled. Serious dread factor, but other things in my life are problematic too - just ennui/languishing. I don't think my fitness level is READY for the whole Hardcore Series - which was a bit of a gut-punch in itself.

Debated starting again, to GET fitness level higher - the thought of Step N Motion, Mega Step Blast, Step Heat, Step Max, .... gives me a much more joyous feeling that being defeated by the Hardcore Series and JOY is the feeling I'm missing right now.

Looks like I've decided doesn't it? Restart!

RESTART
Day 1, Sunday, 29/5/22
Step N Motion 1

This is a solid workout for me right now. Matched weights, but once upon a time, 2.5kg (5lb) was much too light. Building back is what this restart is about, so that when I get to that Hardcore Series again, I'm more ready for it.

REDONE
Day 2, Monday, 30/5/22
Mega Step Blast

Another solid workout, though quite repetitive - for example: 8 richochet's in a row, 16 dynamic outer thighs. Concentrated on working hard - whilst my dog was pestering me with toys to play tug with the whole time - have to watch my footing not to stand on her feet when she stands on the step; but we've had lots of practice and we're both used to doing workouts together this way.

I'm so sorry Lianne - I ground to a halt.
Came up against Hardcore Extreme and stalled. Serious dread factor, but other things in my life are problematic too - just ennui/languishing. I don't think my fitness level is READY for the whole Hardcore Series - which was a bit of a gut-punch in itself.

Debated starting again, to GET fitness level higher - the thought of Step N Motion, Mega Step Blast, Step Heat, Step Max, .... gives me a much more joyous feeling that being defeated by the Hardcore Series and JOY is the feeling I'm missing right now.

Looks like I've decided doesn't it? Restart!
Joy is most definitely what we are all missing! If it will re-invigorate you to go back to the beginning then that is the best decision you can make. My "love of all things Cathe" is definitely with the strength training and so I've suffered through (and cut short) the step workouts. Between the two of us, we'll get it all done!

Sunday-Saturday
May 29-June 4, 2022
Cathe Time Travel Rotation

Gym Style Chest/Tri
Gym Style Back/Sho/Bi
Gym Style Legs (which I LOVED!)
Cardio Kicks (again tried to get through the whole thing)
Imax Xtreme
2 rest days

I think I'd only done Gym Style Legs once and I don't know why because it's really awesome!
I loved Cardio Kicks but ran out of time trying to do it before work, so will try to get it all done once again this week.
Imax Extreme I'd never done because I was afraid of the step segments. All was good though. When I got lost, I'd just do something similar on the floor instead of the step.

And I just realized I missed an entire week!

Sunday-Saturday
May 21-28, 2022
Cathe Time Travel Rotation

Body Max
Step Fit
Cardio Kicks (warmup and like 5 minutes only....ran out of time before work)
Supersets
Push Pull
2 rest days

Days 3 - 12, Tuesday, 31/5/22 to Thursday, 9/6/22
Tue: Step Heat (incl. abs)
Wed: Step Max
Thu: Power Max
Fri: Step Jam
Sat: Step Fit
Sun: Maximum Intensity Cardio
Mon: Maximum Intensity Strength
Tue: Step Works
Wed: Interval Max
Thu: Pure Strength - Back, Biceps, & Abs

It's definitely being easier this second time around - no dread whatsoever, and for the weights workouts, I have listed what to use - so that makes them far more worth-while as workouts.

Last edited:
Day 13, Friday, 10/5/22
Pure Strength - Chest, Shoulders, & Triceps
the last two have been a cheerful relief by being shorter
next is the final Pure Strength - for legs, 65min. Admitting to a little dread, but I shall TRUST myself that if my notes last time said I should go heavier, then I should believe myself that I CAN.

Day 14, Saturday, 11/6/22
Pure Strength - Strong Legs & Abs
being longer (65min) had a bit of dread, but trusted my log notes and actually READ them!! Went with my own suggested weight from the last time this was done, and it was fine. Tough, but fine.

Last edited:
Day 14, Saturday, 11/5/22
Pure Strength - Strong Legs & Abs
being longer (65min) had a bit of dread, but trusted my log notes and actually READ them!! Went with my own suggested weight from the last time this was done, and it was fine. Tough, but fine.
There is ALWAYS dread with Cathe's leg workouts! I found that if I just do my own thing (straight sets) without all the pulsing, low end, top end, whatever, that I still get a good workout and I don't hate it. Going back through all these old workouts have actually made me really CRAVE floorwork for legs. I don't like the stuff that uses a fitness ball because I find it awkward but I just do what I can without falling flat LOL

Sunday-Saturday June 5-11
It was a ridiculously busy week at work and I got very little done on the workout front. Because I want to continue with a 3 day split for weight training, I brought in some STS a little early. I'm still working in everything else in order. I just really craved STS. It's my favorite.
STS 13
STS 14
STS 15
Cardio Kicks -- finally in its entirety!!!
CTX All Step, first 20 minutes (then I had to go to work; will finish next week)

SNAP!
Day 15, Sunday, 12/6/22
Cardio Kicks

Circuit Max on Monday, then onto CTX myself. All Step used to be a super favourite.
STS will be Aug-Sep-Oct
didn't get that far at my first 'chrono' attempt

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.