My brilliant idea in the name of "openness"

Govtgirl

Cathlete
I say we all make a "pinkie-swear" to NOT give threads star-ratings...AT ALL. A total boycott. If you have the urge, either resist or have the courage to explain why. Because normally I see great threads marked with one or two stars, and I can only think it's some sort of personal vendetta against the OP, which is just childish. :mad:

Seriously, who's on board?? No more stars unless you say what you voted and why!

And if some wise-guy "one-stars" me to be cute, I swear my eyeballs will explode!!! ;)

I have never "starred" anything except once when I saw exactly what you are describing and I was trying to counteract that low star rating. I found that my starring capability was blocked. The site said that I had already starred the thread, when indeed I had not!!

I will join the boycott! Seems like high school or junior high! I can read the reads and sort through the threads I think are good on their merit alone, not whether or not someone else gave it a star rating!
Jenn

I've never paid attention to the star ratings. I didn't even know they were there until people started making issues out of them. I've never rated a thread and have no interest in doing so. :p

Erica

I've never paid attention to the star ratings. I didn't even know they were there until people started making issues out of them. I've never rated a thread and have no interest in doing so. :p

Erica

Same here! Why does anybody even care? Just sayin'!

Govtgirl...did you see the thread on this earlier in the week...by Clarissa? She was disgusted about the same thing. And lots of people posted about how they thought it was childish or cowardly or vindictive and needed to be erased from the forum completely. But it didn't seem to matter because several good threads (including Clarissa's, mine, and a few others) were one or two star rated the next morning. Ugh! I agree with you...it's ridiculous.

PS...before Clarissa's thread, I was going to ask someone how to rate the threads (because, like an earlier poster said, I wanted to counteract the one star rating someone insisted on giving every one of my threads)...I tried to click on "rating" on the main page but that just sorted all the threads (for all time, it seemed) by star rating. Then I tried clicking on the stars themselves, but nada.

So, instead of asking how to do it...has anyone actually heard back from Cathe Nation about the possibility of eliminating them completely? I know several people on Clarissa's thread said they had contacted or known of someone who contacted Cathe's support center to see if it could be eliminated.

I'm with you, sister! And definitely pinky sworn.

:)Jonezie

Last edited:
I never paid attention to them either. Once I realized what they were, I just thought they were childish. Some people have nothing better to do, I guess.

anyway, I pinkie-swear with ya.;)

But, I swear, some wisenheimer (boy, that's an old-fashioned word that just popped in my head!!!) must have marked me a "1" in order for someone to counteract it with a "5" and end up with a 3. And I wanted t avoid stars in the first place!

What even started me on this was that someone had started a totally innocent non-controversial, Funyun-free ;) thread last week, and somebody else had one-starred it, and for the life of me I coulnd't understand why somebody would bother...it just seemed petty and mean.

But, it was dopey of me to even post that thread, I should have just ignored it, and gone on quietly sipping my pinot grigio :eek:

A wine girl after my own heart! I switched to white when red started giving me headaches. That's my favorite. mmmmm.

Jen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.