My baby died-----second opinion??

Janice, I've been away and just saw your original post. My heart goes out to you and your DH. I've never dealt with the loss of a baby, but have raised a child with a birth defect. I also have a grandson with pretty severe brain damage that happenes sometime before birth. I hope you understand when I say that maybe this was the best thing that could happen. Hugs and prayers for both of you.

Im so sorry this is happening to you! (is this the 2nd time or am I getting you mixed up with someone else?) I personnally have no advice b/c I have never been through this but I can only imagine what it must feel like to be looking forward to something and have it taken away:-(
I just wanted to chime in here and say that I am thinking about you! You and your DH will get through this and I beleive at some point in time you will have a little baby in your arms!
Lori:)

Steph, Natalie.. thank you for the hope. Very encouraging. Lori---first time pregnant, first MC. BTW Lori, your baby is absolutely adorable. He just gets cuter and cuter. I love looking for all your new pics! :)

While I am devastated and do somewhat have the urge to get pregnant right away like many other women that have suffered MC, I am going to take it slow. Definitly wait until after the first REAL menstrual cycle and give my body time to not only make sure the MC is complete, but to heal as well. I recognize there is no hurry for me but the "aging eggs" thing is scary so I don't want to wait forever. DH and I probably will just chuck the condoms and see what happens. I got pregnant really easy so timing/fertility/etc doesn't seem to be problem yet. We will just go along like normal- no ovulation kits, charting, etc. Just see what happens.

Right now I am OK. Pleasantly suprised so far at how easy the D&C has been on me physically. We are not even 24 hours out and I am barely spotting and no pain whatsoever. I thank God for that. And I hope this is the end of it.

Thank you all for your sympathies.

Janice, I don't usually post in this forum, but I just wanted to say how sorry I am. All my best,
Nancy

Hello,

I am actually the moderator of this forum and haven't checked in for awhile until tonight. I just wanted to tell you that I am so sorry for your loss and that you are in my prayers. I know how you feel. I lost a baby at 14 weeks and still remember how devastated I was. There is some good to my story in that a year later I gave birth to my son who is now 9.

I think it is great that all these women have posted to comfort you during this time. Don't we have the most wonderful caring community of women here on the forum? I am truly blessed to be part of it.

Hugs from Sunny Florida,

Sheila

Janice,

Words cannot express the sorrow I feel for you right now! My heart and my prayers are with you right now, as you and your husband go through this very hard time.

You have been through so much in your life lately - the death of your father last year - your work and your schooling. I was so happy for you when I read that you were pregnant. We all ask why did this have to happen? For that there is no answer. It is so hard to deal with MC - for we all have such hopes and dreams for the new live inside of us. Then it is taken away suddenly.

All of your feelings are quite normal - wanting to conceive again - to asking all the questions at your doctors office. No matter what Janice, whatever the tech. called your baby, it was your baby. To have a picture of that baby is comforting - it is not strange.

Maybe you remember me, but I have had 5 MC's. I had six babies before I had my first MC - it was such an empty feeling. I was 17 weeks and opte for a D & C. I did go on to have another baby - I got pregnant 5 months after the MC. I did have 4 early MC's between my 7th and 10th babies. I did find out that I had low progesterone levels. I did end up on progesterone with the last three babies.

I will continue to pray for you and I want you to know that you are not a failure - you are very special because you had the opportunity to know how a mother feels for her children. It helped me to name my babies gthat are in heaven now with God.

Hugs and prayers,
Cheryl

Janice,

I've been away, so I'm just seeing your message (tracked down after seeing your other question about memorial plaques). I just wanted to say I'm so very sorry for your loss. I hope you're feeling ok physically, and I'm thinking of you!

Take care,
Allison

Janice,

I don't post here either, but I just happened to see this and had to respond.

I was really touched and heartbroken when I read your post. I want to express to you my sincerest sympathy for your loss. I "will" pray and ask that God BLESS you and smile upon you & your dh during this time.

Love,
Haydee

For those of you that aren't regular in this forum but still stopped by to offer your condolences to me...

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.

Your consideration is truly heartwarming for me at this time. (((EVERYONE)))))

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.