Music

xschwarz

Cathlete
Previewed all of the new Step Boss workouts. Content, cueing, choreography all are quintessential. Cathe quality. Excellent.

However, the music fails to motivate me. I still have to reach back for earlier step routines to find that music and beat that was the icing on the cake; the extra bounce off the side and that happy smile on my face.

After watching the clips, I was afraid that the music might be an issue but I was waiting for them to be On Demand and others comments. I love most of her step dvds because of the music, it just makes me want to keep going. I will just have to wait and see.

Previewed all of the new Step Boss workouts. Content, cueing, choreography all are quintessential. Cathe quality. Excellent.

However, the music fails to motivate me. I still have to reach back for earlier step routines to find that music and beat that was the icing on the cake; the extra bounce off the side and that happy smile on my face.

I do not like the music either. I thought it was just me. The step videos take up a lot of floor space too.

The music is the only thing I don't like about the new series. Once I learn it I'll just mute it and play my own music. Still love the workouts.

I‘m honestly disappointed with IMAX 4 because of the music. There is no strong downbeat as per Cathes usual step routines. The combos are fun - too bad about the music. Without a strong downbeat the whole thing is off and I can’t quite get into the groove.

I just previewed IMAX 4 and the music seemed to flow fine, a lot different from the clip. I think the beat matched what they were doing so I can't wait to try that one.
I've only done the PHA but I have watched the others -must admit I'm one of those exercisers who never really notices the music though....it all seemed fine to me.

Ok. I changed my mind the music is growing on me. The more I do them the more I like the music.
There is an option to have Cathe's voice only, and use your own music. Personally, I use that option often, especially when I am learning a routine.

Yes, I was planning on doing that after I learned the routine, but I'm starting to like the music.

I must be in the minority....I LOVE the music. I connect my DVD player to my stereo and the bass really gets me going. Some of the songs have a Latin vibe, and I love Latin music, so that could be why I love it so much!

I did the three DVDs all are different, one I enjoy more than thee other, but music, that don’t bother me...I go for the intensity and the strength of the workout..I want results... and yes we all have options...there are always going to be some you love more or less...Cathe and her crew puts a lot of effort in the making of those DVDs and its always worth every penny in my opinion.

The music is the only thing I don't like about the new series. Once I learn it I'll just mute it and play my own music. Still love the workouts.
I feel like this must be a dumb question but can you tell me how you play your own music? How do the beats, rhythms, etc., synch up? Thanks!

How do you know what songs have the correct beat? I've wanted to do the workout to my own playlist, but getting the tempo correct has stumped me.

How do you know what songs have the correct beat? I've wanted to do the workout to my own playlist, but getting the tempo correct has stumped me.
Oooh, I just saw the post listing the BPM for workouts. That's the ticket! Are they listed somewhere for other workouts?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.