Music suggestion / request for Strong and Sweaty

I love the music of ICE, all of it except one small part which sounds like a French bakery or is that Italian? I'm not sure but I believe its some type of accordion playing. I love all the music of RIPPED, except for this strangely weird organ synthesizer music, especially on the last segment of Hiit Circuit Upper Body. That dvd is one of my most fav circuit workouts, great music all the way through until the very last set, bummer but I know music is highly subjective. ICE has some really good music in it. I also think Cathe has the best music for the stretch/cool down portion.

clear1x1.gif

I completely agree that music is all a matter of taste--I remember being very pleasantly surprised with the accordion type of sound and thinking how much I liked it. In general I find Cathe's dvds do a really good job with the music. I think I mostly prefer no lyrics for completely step workouts (I really have to listen to Cathe's directions being somewhat "dance" challenged) and I really appreciate it when she gives us a choice of lyrics or no. All we really need it for is a pep in our step!

I like Ripped with Hiit music, overall. I am not demanding when it comes to music.
I love the track played during RwH, Upper body circuit - Stretch segment. I can listen to that for
an hour while stretching longer:)

My only complaint when it comes to music is when it overpowers the workout or I cannot hear Cathe's voice over it. As much as I really love ICE MMelts, I had to strain to hear Cathe throughout.
Overall though, I am happy with 60% of music used which is the same for me with just music overall. lol. I do not like techno music at all ,except the 90's stuff ( C&C Music factory anyone? ;)), but I understand that most people appreciate it while doing cardio. I've been liking the music on Cathe LIVE a lot. Particularly the down tempo stuff towards the end of the workout. Like Nathalie, if the stretch music is singing to me, I can stay there all day! My stretch with ball today was done to Black Sabbath's Fluff. Love that one!
I like rock too (Xtrain Legs), so cheers to your suggestion lauren!!!

I agree with Elsie that when the music overpowers Cathe's voice, it's frustrating. My big preference would be to utilize triple tracks on this series (if lyrics, if not, then double track) 1. music with lyrics (if any) + Cathe; 2. music only + Cathe; 3. Just Cathe. I'm probably an anomaly, but I enjoy working out without music from time to time, so I deeply appreciate all the DVDs with triple track. The other thing I'd like to add is that it's so much more helpful when the camera shows the entire body rather than focusing on just a part. It's lovely to see how fit everyone is in a super close close up, or see how one group of muscles is working, but I personally understand a move better when I see what the entire body is doing during that move. It informs me of how the body must balance during a move, or how that particular move is carried throughout the body. Think of Fred Astaire vs. Busby Berkeley. Where Berkeley took pride in filming just feet or arms, Astaire refused to ever be filmed other than whole body as dance is performed by the whole body, and every part contributes to the understanding of the whole. In many Cathe videos it seems the camera likes parts better than whole bodies, which is frustrating to me. If you must make so many POV cuts, maybe have a little more whole body to whole body rather than part to part. Just a thought I wanted to put out there. :)

Can't wait for the new series. I ordered the Fit Tower, too!

Happy workouts, everyone!

Oh gosh, yes, we're all different. I'm also not very demanding when it comes to music, except I dislike old rock, sorry OP! It just brings up very bad memories for me. OTOH, I love remakes of current hits and the music in the more recent series (even though a soundalike or two - including old hits - has snuck in there).

I also think Cathe does a good job of creating a mix that works for most of us.

And BTW, Happy Birthday OP!

I adore the pop music with silly lyrics but everyone is different (and I admit that I find the alternative lyrics amusing)! Music helps quite a bit so it matters - I get pumped whenever I hear "What's Up" from the 4 Non Blondes during Supersets since it brings me back to a young age (insert BIG sigh). Whatever motivates you is fine by me! :)

Another vote here for the sound alikes but I did like the music in ICE. I need energetic pumped up music in any genre or decade to get motivated too. Have preordered Strong and Sweaty and am hoping Cathe comes thru again with some great tunes to get sweaty!! :)

Sometimes I hear the music, other times I don't. I don't like when it drowns out Cathe and I can't hear her. I don't like when Cathe says "off the beat of the music", that seems to screw me up. I do like the sound alike music, i do like the music when it is capable of pushing me to go harder and finish. I'm certain it's difficult to choose music for a workout. Michelle Dozois always seems to have great tunes!!

[QUOTE="RetaJIn many Cathe videos it seems the camera likes parts better than whole bodies, which is frustrating to me. If you must make so many POV cuts, maybe have a little more whole body to whole body rather than part to part. Just a thought I wanted to put out there. :)

Happy workouts, everyone![/QUOTE]

I have probably missed something but never noticed any excessive POV. LOL

I think cathe dot com is doing great producing so far, ensuring some moves are visually cued. Forms and pointers are crucial for some exercises.

[QUOTE="RetaJIn many Cathe videos it seems the camera likes parts better than whole bodies, which is frustrating to me. If you must make so many POV cuts, maybe have a little more whole body to whole body rather than part to part. Just a thought I wanted to put out there. :)

Happy workouts, everyone!

I have probably missed something but never noticed any excessive POV. LOL

I think cathe dot com is doing great producing so far, ensuring some moves are visually cued. Forms and pointers are crucial for some exercises.[/QUOTE]

You'll love the Fit Tower!!!!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.