Music Louder option-Pretty Please!!

I agree ... music louder would be a great option! Once I am familiar with Cathe's DVDs, I choose this option for the ones that offer it.

Not that I don't like hearing Cathe's comments or advice during the workout because I do. But I also like to enjoy the music.

Lisa.

I am not sure if you have STS yet - but I am assuming they will be filmed at that same quality level - if so - you need not worry about needing the music louder option. I have the volumne at half of any other dvd because the sound quality is so good. In fact I put in my last STS workout and walked back into the house and heard my poor TV blarring - thought I might blow my speakers because the volumne was set for my last non-STS workout.

I like my music pumping and especially on cardio and what STS Cardio is offering - but I have no worries on needing the music louder. :)

Music Levels

Cathe & SNM,
PLEASE, PLEASE offer a "Music Louder" option on STS Shock Cardio.

Getting the music levels just right has been a quest of ours for many years. I can't tell you how many times we tried through our early years in business to get the music to vocal ratio just right, only to be disappointed when we listened to the finished DVD. No matter what we did the music level sounded great in the studio, but too low on the DVD. It was so dissapointing!

Since we couldn't seem to solve the problem of the music level being too soft we came up with the idea of music louder. To do this we had to push the music into the red zone which causes distortion, but people didn't seem to care and loved that they could hear and feel the music and the beat.

It wasn't until we met NFL films and had access to some of the worlds best audio equipment and audio engineers that we were able to solve the problem. This is a very expensive and time consuming process, but we now run all of our videos through an extreme audio cleaning process where we set the music levels to as near perfect as possible. We now probably spend more time on our audio than most companies spend on their entire production. Our goal is to get the music level as perfect as possible and to keep it as consistent as possible throughout the entire DVD.

I don't think music louder is necessary anymore as I think you will be pleased with the way we set our levels using some of the best technology available, but this is something that we will not decide on until we have our post production meeting. Our goal now is music right!

I agree that if the vocal and music balance is right (IMO, it should be like a singer and her/his music: you hear both well), then the music louder option isn't necessary. I think the Pyramid workouts (if I recall correctly) had music 'loud enough,' for example, but the series that came after that (again, IIRC) seemed like the music wasn't loud enough.

I've been really glad to read this thread. I always thought there was something that just didn't synch right between the Cathe DVDs and my player/TV when it came to the volume. I have to turn the Cathe DVDs way up and then remember to be sure to turn it down before I stop the DVD or I'll be blasted by the TV sound. Good to know it's not a problem at my end.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.