Muscle Soreness....Please Help

Rosarn

I have alot of muscle soreness post excercise/lifting, especially the next day. I know this is normal but is there anything I can do to help minimize it? Also, I have noticed that during weighted squats sometimes I hear and feel a loud pop. It's not painful at all, but I want to make sure I'm not doing anything wrong. It kind of sounds like cracking your knuckle. Is this normal for joints to do this?

Thanks so much for any responses!

Rosa:)

Sorry, I meant that I felt that "pop" in my hip joints, I'm not sure if I was clear about where? ....Thanx

Hi Rosarn! As you have mentioned, post workout muscle soreness is normal and can last 2 to 3 days (in some cases longer) after pushing hard with a totally new workout. As your body adapts to the new workout your soreness may last only a day following it and sometimes no soreness is experienced at all the following day. Other ways to help minimize soreness is to take a warm epson salt bath and/or a couple of anti-inflammatory tablets (ie: advil). You can also do light stretching and/or a very light workout the following day to help relieve the stiffness.

As for your hip popping. Although I am no medical expert, I have been told that as long as the popping and crackling noises are not accompanied by pain, they should be normal. But if there is pain associated with it, it should be checked out. Again, I am no doctor and who knows, you may just want to have yours looked at for peace of mind anyway.

Good Luck!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.