Muscle Meltdown Upper Body Premix

dbclark

Cathlete
A few of us VFers have expressed the desire for a Muscle Meltdown Premix with all 5 of the muscle melt down workouts and was wondering why Cathe didn't offer this one. It would have been a great premix option.

I believe they answered that somewhere in a previous thread. I think they said it was to hard to put them together on one dvd since they were on separate workouts, also maybe a dvd space issue. I think it was in one of the threads from the different premixes on the different workouts.

A few of us VFers have expressed the desire for a Muscle Meltdown Premix with all 5 of the muscle melt down workouts and was wondering why Cathe didn't offer this one. It would have been a great premix option.

You can only make a premix with the video that is on a disc. A DVD disc only holds about about 95 minutes of video at an acceptable quality level and with just one Muscle Meltdown on a DVD we are already at 93 mins for most of the DVDs. Hence, it is not possible to add the other 4 Muscle Meltdowns to a DVD disc and thus impossible to make a premix which includes all of the Muscle Meltdowns. However, if you subscribe to our OnDemand service you can easily do this in our Workout Blender.

I fully intend to do this on my own, just with the DVDs: insert one, then the next, etc. And while each disc sets up, I can take a quick breather, stretch a little, load the next set of laundry in the washer, let the cats in, take the potatoes out of the oven, refill my water bottle, all those things that normally interrupt my workout. No sweat!

Clare

I fully intend to do this on my own, just with the DVDs: insert one, then the next, etc. And while each disc sets up, I can take a quick breather, stretch a little, load the next set of laundry in the washer, let the cats in, take the potatoes out of the oven, refill my water bottle, all those things that normally interrupt my workout. No sweat!

Clare
This is a great idea Clare. Especially since a break is nice after doing a MM. I did MM-Chest today and was very challenged. If I were doing them back to back, I do believe I'd want about a 5-minute break between segments. These are more challenging than I anticipated.

Do you mean like an extra DVD like Xtrain's Burn Sets? That would have been neat. Although, I believe the entire point of these giant sets was so we could do 1 (upper body) part a day as lifters making their way to becoming advanced (ie intermediate) do well lifting heavy this way as to avoid simultaneous doms and too much pressure on opposing tendons etc. I might be wrong and do not have the kinesiology credentials to back it up or anything, but I am almost certain this was the point of it. This is how I hope to approach it. You can still do two a day or something if you choose to. Chiseled Upper Body of course is for an entire upper body weight workout.
If anyone blends all the MMelts, please post as to how tough it is!! :)

Do you mean like an extra DVD like Xtrain's Burn Sets? That would have been neat. Although, I believe the entire point of these giant sets was so we could do 1 (upper body) part a day as lifters making their way to becoming advanced (ie intermediate) do well lifting heavy this way as to avoid simultaneous doms and too much pressure on opposing tendons etc. I might be wrong and do not have the kinesiology credentials to back it up or anything, but I am almost certain this was the point of it. This is how I hope to approach it. You can still do two a day or something if you choose to. Chiseled Upper Body of course is for an entire upper body weight workout.
If anyone blends all the MMelts, please post as to how tough it is!! :)
I get her reasoning. However, to have them spread out on 5 separate DVDs is cumbersome. I don't subscribe to onDemand, and I only have one DVD player in my workout room. It would have been nice to have them all together somewhere in the set.

The purpose of the Bonus Muscle Meltdowns is not to have user's combine them into a single upper body workout, but instead to be used by people looking to do single body parts in conjunction with their ICE cardio workouts. Hence the reason only one Muscle Meltdown is included on each DVD. Sure, we could have combined the 5 Bonus Muscle Meltdowns all on their own disc, but this would not be a "Premix", it would be a DVD that we would have to charge extra for - not included as a free bonus workout. Also, by having all of the Muscle meltdown workouts on one disc it would not have been possible to have them woven into the premixes as we have in ICE. We already have plenty of upper body heavy workouts that you can purchase from us. The ICE Muscle Meltdowns were not designed to be another upper body split workout, but instead to be used by people wanting to do single body parts.

Nathalie,

I've done the all but the shoulder workout. Then I came down with strep throat. I'm on the mend though and hope to pick back up this weekend. I like the format, length, and exercises chosen. All the workouts except the kickbox seem to use weights so my shoulders were worked that way. Let me know what you think after you get to them!

Beth

Nathalie,

I've done the all but the shoulder workout. Then I came down with strep throat. I'm on the mend though and hope to pick back up this weekend. I like the format, length, and exercises chosen. All the workouts except the kickbox seem to use weights so my shoulders were worked that way. Let me know what you think after you get to them!

@Beth-B-Fit
I will definitely do a rotation --- A 6 days split rotation. This should give me a fair timescale to know how my body
respond . What I like about muscle meltdown is there is no use of barbell. Although barbell is my favourite
equipment, I feel the need to do one part - Unilateral rotation to get the weaker side stronger. This is what I am intending to do.
I will definitely let you know beth, Take care:)

Beth

I did the entire muscle meltdowns as an upper body, all I can say is whoa! I did this workout this past Thursday and I am still very very sore. I was doing the chisled upper body and lower body blast (the double up premix) for the past 2 weeks and it didnt seem challenging enough for me. Dont know if I will do it again as an entire upper body workout, I may have to split them into a 3day split workout. I really enjoyed the muscle meltdowns.

It took well over an hour, I think around 1 hour and 20 minutes. I didnt time it, I just knew that I started at 10am and left my exercise room around 1130am after putting away my weights and stuff. Its was hard, when I got to round 3 I dropped the weight amount, especially the back, I started out with 20lbs and reduced down to 15lbs in third round. The only exercise I didnt lower the weights was the chest, I stayed the same through out the workout. The most soreness was from the back workout, I think it was the one arm pullover that did me in, I started those with a 12lb dumbell and quickly reduced to 10 lbs. I havent felt that kind of soreness in a long time, the back is my most favorite body part to work, so I was happy.

I've done 2 back to back, chest then tris, and I was burning by the end. My tris were quivering that I had to lower my weight for the 3rd round on the lying extensions. I love these muscle meltdowns. My fav. move is the 1 arm back pullover, I love working 1 arm at a time.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.