Muscle gain?

skatch

Cathlete
How do you know if you have gained muscle or fat? I've gained a couple of pounds since December but I specifically notice it in my thighs. My jeans are tight in the thighs and it's hard to find ones that fit (the waist will be too big but it will fit in the legs, I need Clydesdale leg jeans lol). The only thing I can think that I've changed in my routine is adding some of the Low Impact series DVDs. I've been trying to eat better and still running, cycling, weights and of course, your dvd's, but the scale isn't moving. My legs are very muscular to begin with and everyone is saying it's muscle and not fat. What can I do to go back to my old size?

Not an expert here, but generally recommended rotations suggest to do strength DVDs every other day, and pure aerobics every other day. One thing you might try is to do more pure aerobic DVDs -- every other day -- and mixed aerobic DVDs every other day.

I am not an expert at Cathe's various rotations. But check them out to see if there is a rotation that stresses more aerobics. Another suggestion is to lighten up on the weights, and to do more reps.

One thing you mention is that you do a lot of running, cylcing, weight lifting. Since you enjoy these things, I would suggest keep on doing them, and to worry less about pants sizes. One should do things he or she enjoys.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.