Muscle Building Workout

Cheryl63

I am thinking about getting the Pure Strength DVD and was wondering about the number of reps in this workout. I really don't want a high rep workout. I have a step, dumbells, and a barbell. My favorite total body Cathe routine is MIS. I also own ME, but there is just too many reps in that one. I am looking to build muscle.

I was also thinking about buying another Cathe step workout. I love The Wedding Tape and Mega Step Blast, but am not real crazy about Step Heat. I can't handle complex choreography. Do you think Step Max would be doable?

Any opinions and comments would be appreciated!
Thanks,
Cheryl:)

If you are looking for a strength routine, I would go with Slow & Heavy. I like the fewer reps and the 1 min. of rest between sets. It really allows you to go heavy on the weight. I have Pure Strength as well but still find all of the reps and little rest to formulate more of an endurance workout.

Michelle

Pure Strength in general has 2 sets of 10 reps for most exercises. I like it, but for more strength building I'd recommend the Slow&Heavy series (3 sets of 8 reps), or the Gym Styles...a variety of reps, plus bonus band work which is the icing on the cake.

Step Max is very comparable as far as choreography goes to the Wedding Tape and Mega Step Blast. Other similer workouts would be Step Jam, Power Max, Step Fit and Step Works...all are a little more dated in appearance than her newer workouts.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.