Muscle building & staying lean Jan. 2007 rotation

This workout will build muscle and keep you lean. Use as heavy a weight as you can mustare to do each set to almost failure. This is the only way to build good muscle. In my endeavor to building muscle this winter, I have learned that less is best. Get in, get out and work hard. Give it your all with each workout and you will see some good results. HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Week 1
Day 1: Gym Style Chest & Tri’s, Abs from B&G (ankle weight workout)
Day 2: Body Max 2 (any cardio only premix)
Day 3: Gym Style Legs
Day 4: Rest, yoga or strech
Day5: Gym Style Back, Shoulder & Biceps; abs from LIC
Day 6: Low Impact Circuit cardio only premix
Day 7: Butts & Gutts

Week 2
Day 1: Rest, yoga or stretch
Day 2: Pyramid Upper Body & abs
Day 3: Imax2
Day 4: Pyramid Lower
Day 5: Rest, yoga or stretch
Day 6: Drill Max (and cardio only premix); Stability ball abs from B&G
Day 7: Slow & Heavy Chest & Back

Week 3
Day 1: Step Blast
Day 2: Rest, yoga or stretch
Day 3: Slow & Heavy Tri’s & bi’s & abs
Day 4: Body Max 1 (step portion & blasts from leg section, skip weights)
Day 5: Slow & Heavy Legs & Shoulders; abs from Body Max 2
Day 6: Rest, yoga or stretch
Day 7: Kick, Punch & Crunch

Week 4
Day 1: Gym Style Chest & Tri’s
Day 2: Low Max
Day 3: Rest, yoga or stretch
Day 4: Gym Style Back, Shoulder & Biceps; abs from LIC
Day 5: Gym Style Legs
Day 6: Cardio Kicks
Day 7: Rest, yoga or stretch

GENERIC BREAKDOWN:

Week 1
Day 1: Chest & tri’s workout; abs
Day 2: 60 min. of Cardio
Day 3: Leg workout
Day 4: Rest
Day 5: Back, shoulder & bicep workout; abs
Day 6: 45-60 min. cardio
Day 7: Leg workout

Week 2
Day 1: Rest
Day 2: All upper body workout; abs
Day 3: 60 min. cardio
Day 4: Lower body workout
Day 5: Rest
Day 6: 60 min. cardio workout; abs
Day 7: Chest & Back workout

Week 3
Day 1: 60 min. cardio
Day 2: Rest
Day 3: Tri’s & Bi’s workout; abs
Day 4: 45-60 min. cardio
Day 5: Leg & Shoulder workout; abs
Day 6: Rest
Day 7: 60 min. cardio

Week 4
Day 1: Chest & Tri’s workout
Day 2: 60-70 min. cardio
Day 3: Rest
Day 4: Back, Shoulders & Bicep workout; abs
Day 5: Leg workout
Day 6: 60 min. cardio
Day 7: Rest

This is great Debbie!! Thank you, Thank you:)
One quick question, on week 2 day 6 do I do DM in full AND the cardio only premix or just DM cardio only premix?
I really like this and can't wait to start! I like the 5 day workouts!!

Happy New Year!!!

Deanie

"This is a Blast- act like you are having one!" Cathe Friedrich

Thanks Debbie, I have just got the gym styles and slow and heavy. This way I can do both of them. Thanks.:)

Thanks so much Debbie! I really appreciate all your efforts to bring us all these great rotations!
Colleen

Thanks for doing a generic rotation too. This is great for those of us who don't have all the Cathe DVDs yet! I wanted to order some on sale at CK Sales here in Canada and almost ALL of the Cathe DVDs are out of stock. I am NOT impressed!! }( I even have Christmas money I could've used, SIGH!

If you push yourself as hard as you can while lifting (i.e. go as heavy as possible until you ALMOST reach failure with each exercise) you will speed up your metabolism and not need to do so much cardio. Believe me, lifting is the key to losing fat. Your body burns fat faster and harder when it is repairing muscles. If you feel you need more cardio, do a half hour of cardio on one of the weight training days after your weight training, but I don't think you'll need to if you are lifting to your fullest capacity.

Hi Deb,

I agree with everyone else the rotation looks great. I pushed myself hard this morning on GS C&T. I haven't pushed that hard for a while.

But one more question. Do you also push yourself to almost failure with your legs? The last thing I want to do is end up with hugh legs? I tend to stay around 40-50 lbs right now.

Linda

Well, I'd say no. I don't want thick legs either so when I do Cathe's leg workouts I just stay more moderate with the weights. And for those of you worried about only 2 cardio's a week, the leg workouts that Cathe does will get your HR up and stay up so it could be considered a cardio day to some extent.

I've been experimenting with my HR and weight workouts. I burn as many calories doing a weight training workout as I do with a cardio workout. If you don't rest long between sets, your HR will stay up and your metabolism will kick in. Believe me. If you stay consistent with weight training and go to your max each time, you will see fat loss and muscle gain. Its inevitable.

FitnessFreak, I am dying over here!! I did day one and chest and tri are burning baby!! I think I am going to like this rotation and will be moving funny the next day!LOL!

Can't wait to see the results!!

Thanks,

kim

I'm enjoying it too! Thanks, Debbie! Day 2 down w/ BM 2 Cardio Blast!! I'll keep ya posted on how it's going!

Hi Debbie,

You look absolutely fantastic! ;) ;) I just wanted to tell you how much I do admire your rotations. They are very well thought out. This one is really a goodie, thanks for the generic version too, nice.

Teddygirl~

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.