Muscle Building & Defining Rotation

Made up a new rotation for those of you who want to build up good muscle mass and get good definition as well.

One word of caution: while doing the first week using S&H and Power Hour workouts, you have to really switch gears when you go from doing slow and heavy reps to endurance reps. Be careful and go light when you get the Power Hour. Use as heavy a weight as you can doing S&H. Same goes for the rest of the weeks rotation, although going from PUB to MM isn't that big of a change, but you can try to increase your weights with PUB a bit and try to go to failure by the time you get the the heaviest weights and 8 reps. The first workout for each body part should be as heavy as you can go - but always listen to your body and be safe.

I would plan for at least an hour and 20 minutes for each workout, I didn't have time to figure out exact times on these.

WEEK #1:
Day 1: a.m. S&H Chest only/Power Hour Chest only, Coremax #1; p.m.
yoga of choice.
Day 2: S&H Back only (do supermans, prone planks & supine planks
after PH), PH Back only, Cardio & Weights step only premix.
Day 3: S&H Shoulders only/PH Shoulders only, abs from Kick, Punch &
Crunch.
Day 4: a.m. S&H Tri's only/PH Tri's only, 10-10-10 cardio only; p.m.
Yoga of choice.
Day 5: S&H Bi's only/PH Bi's only, Step Blast premix doing Combo 1,
3 & Challenge (44 min.)
Day 6: S&H Legs only/PH Legs only
Day 7: REST or Stretch Max #1

WEEK #2:
Day 1: Pyramid Upper Body Chest only/Muscle Max Chest only, PUB Back
only/MM Back only, Step, Jump & Pump abs.
Day 2: IMAX 2, 1 hour yoga of choice (split these up, do either or
in a.m. and p.m.)
Day 3: PUB Shoulders/MM Shoulders, Coremax #3 (easy day, in prep for
tomorrow workout.)
Day 4: Step Blast/SJ&P Premix: Step & Hi/Lo (90 min.); yoga in p.m.
Day 5: PUB Tri's/MM Tri's, PUB Bi's/MM Bi's; All Step Abs & Power
Hour Abs (this is a great combo and its on Ab Hits if you
have it)
Day 6: PLB Legs standing only/MM Legs only premix/PLB Floorwork;
p.m. yoga of choice - you will need it!
Day 7: REST!

WEEK #3:
Day 1: Gym Style Chest only/MIS Chest only; Rhythmic step section
#1, #2, #3 (no step challenge).
Day 2: GS Back only/MIS Back only, ME abs; yoga in p.m.
Day 3: GS Shoulders only/MIS Shoulders only, CTX Kickbox cardio only.
Day 4: GS Tri's only/MIS Tri's only, Coremax #2; yoga in p.m.
day 5: GS Bi's only/MIS Bi's only, Low Max step premix sections #1-
#4.
Day 6: GS Legs, Cardio & Weights abs & CTX Kickbox abs
Day 7: REST or Stretch Max #3

WEEK #4:
Day 1: Pure Strength Chest only/Body Max Chest only, PS Back only/BM
Back only, abs from PS Back, Bi's & Abs; p.m. yoga of choice
Day 2: Hardcore Extreme High/Low Intervals (73 min.)
Day 3: PS Shoulders only/BM Shoulders only, abs from MM
Day 4: Kick Max; p.m. yoga of choice
Day 5: PS Tri's only/BM Tri's only, PS Bi's only/BM Bi's only, abs
from PUB
Day 6: PS Legs & Abs; p.m. yoga of choice
Day 7: REST & Recovery!

Enjoy!

Looks fantastic! I think I'll attempt this after my p90X rotation is over.
Hey, if you don't mind my asking, I remember you once mentioning that you were going to work on a fat loss rotation... did I miss that one?
By the way, congrats! I saw you in a magazine recently, but I can't remember which one... Fitness? Oxygen?

Thanks for the inspiring rotation (as always)!

Sandra

Hi Sandra,
Yes, I posted an Endurance one, its on the first page of the DVD rotation forum. Look for my name as the author and you'll find it.

Thanks! I was in Oxygen Magazine.

Debbie you really have put me in a pickle now. I was doing one of you other ones but now I see this one I tempted to switch. This one looks awesome! I just might start this one tomorrow! Your strength rotations are perfect for me right now because I can't do cardio at the moment so this is just the thing!

Thanks alot,

kim

Debbie: this looks GREAT:)

What month of the oxygen magazine were you in? curious as I want to "see" what you look like:)

take care:)
Gloria

Debbie,

Thanks for the headsup and creation of this rotation! This looks GREAT and I cant wait to start it!

Big Thank you!
Delphene

Hi Debbie -

This looks like an awesome rotation. This is the one I'll do after I finish your Endurance Rotation. The 4 or 5 pounds I gained over the holidays melted right off doing the endurance rotation. I'm really enjoying it.

Great job, as usual!

Margaret

Hi Debbie,

I am into the third week of your muscle strength and Definition rotation. I am already seeing my definition come back into my upperbody. I laid off of weights and exercising for about two months and this rotation really motivated me. Just wanted to say thanks for posting this workout.

kim

I'm bumping so this doesn't get lost. I've printed it off, but I'm afraid I will lose my paper copy. I wish we could sticky Fitnessfreak 366's rotations.
Angela:7

"I wish we could sticky Fitnessfreak 366's rotations "

Amen to that Angela!

Debbie You are the bomb, please keep your rotations coming,they kick butt!

Hi Debbie!

I will start this rotation next week. Do you have any recommendations for substituting Hardcore Extreme High/Low Intervals? I don't have this DVD... yet! LOL

Thanks a mil,

Chris.

Thanks, Debbie!

I have to say that your rotations are amazing!!! Very compact (which let me lift heavier by doing 1-2 body parts every other day) and, most importantly, flexible, meaning I can split them by doing weights in the morning and cardio in the afternoon.
The variety of the workouts you use is also great!!! Not one DVD sits on my shelf for more than a week!!!:7 :7 :7

Chris.

Got it!
I just looked at the Hardcore Extreme High/Low Intervals breakdown- I have all these DVDs so I'll just pop them in my 6-disc player and program it!!! ;-)

Chris.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.