mp3 downloads

igglesfan

Cathlete
Anyone use or know of a cheap reputable download site? DH and I want to get the kids gift cards to use for their songs rather than spend $11 on a CD that they only listen to 2 songs:) Thanks.

I use mp3suite.com. I got an annual membership, I think it was $35 or $39, & I have unlimited downloads.

I use mp3suite.com. I got an annual membership, I think it was $35 or $39, & I have unlimited downloads.

Laura,

mp3suite is essentially making you pay money to pirate stuff. They are a scam in my opinion. They are not claiming any responsibility for ensuring the content they have on their peer-to-peer network is non-copyrighted stuff. If it is copyright protected, then downloading the content will be illegal. Their FAQ/Legal page is highly misleading. They have content hidden in there which says it is up to the downloader to not pull down copyrighted material. Almost all songs people really want (stuff from most record labels) is copyrighted.

Here is a site that provides an analysis of mp3suite and also recommends legal music download sites:

http://www.musicdownloadfinder.com/mp3suite-review.html (ETA:Oops, I see now that a link to this site has already been posted)

Vee,

Thanks for explaining it. I know Rhapsody and Napster have unlimited monthly subscription. I was told (on another board) that when you discontinue subscription, the songs will not play anymore. It's almost like renting the songs. Now I'm wondering if I activate my account again, will the song work/play again?

Here's what I'm trying to do -- I'm trying to cancel my XM radio since we hardly use it (only on vacations). I can survive on local radio stations since my commute is less than 10 minutes. I can play my own music (mp3 player) using the aux input in the car; hence, creating my own radio station. I don't want to pay monthly for music. So whenever we go on vacation (maximum 4X a year), can I just renew my subscription for a month?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.