Morning workout!

spicegirl

Cathlete
Ok....Here's my question! I'm a morning person and like to do my workouts first thing......upon waking, I have a cup of coffee and then get ready to workout. The other day I was doing your "Bootcamp" DVD and about 1/2 way through I became very sleepy. Is this because of an empty stomach? My husband brought home some energy bars yesterday and thought this may be the solution......however, upon reading the nutrition facts on the back of the package....I was flabbergasted at all the sugar grams (15g) and fat content (6g) It does have 14g of Protein. I did Lo Max today and felt better. Any suggestions on what to eat before a workout? I have my real breakfast after the workout. Thanks for you help!

Last edited:
Hi Spicegirl! About 20 to 30 minutes before your workout you will want something very light and easy to digest as to not interfere with your workout. Since you are going to do your main eating after your workout I would suggest a high quality low carb protein powder mixed into 6 ounces of water. Just add one rounded scoop to 6 ounces of water, stir and drink it up, wait 20 min and you should be good to go.

Here's my question! I'm a morning person and like to do my workouts first thing......upon waking, I have a cup of coffee and then get ready to workout. The other day I was doing your "Bootcamp" DVD and about 1/2 way through I became very sleepy. Is this because of an empty stomach? My husband brought home some energy bars yesterday and thought this may be the solution......however, upon reading the nutrition facts on the back of the package....I was flabbergasted at all the sugar grams (15g) and fat content (6g) It does have 14g of Protein. I did Lo Max today and felt better. Any suggestions on what to eat before a workout? I have my breakfast after the workout. Thanks for you help![/QUOTE]

Cathy...So I immediately Googled "High Quality Low Carb Protein Powder" and to my amazement......I found Protein Powders Galour!!!! At this point, I'm overwhelmingly confussed. I'll go to the health food store today and see what i can come up with.....I'll let you know if I have any luck!

So, I finally made it to the Vitamin Store.....Here's what I found out. Isolate Protein Powder is the best "High Quality Low Carb Protein" on the market....however, very spendy....not in my budget :(. I choose the product called "Muscle Milk Light" in Vanilla Cream. (still $27.99) It has 25g of protein per serving, 11g of Carbs and 6g Fat. Tried it this morning.....tasty, but very sweet! I waited about 20 to 30 minutes before doing "Boot Camp" again. But again, got that "very sleep" feeling.. Maybe I didn't wait long enough for it to properly digest. I'll wait longer tomorrow.

At this point, I'm thinking that "Boot Camp" just may be kicking my BUTT! But, I gotta say....I feel so PROUD of myself when the workout is complete. Yay.....for me!!!! Can't wait for this Spring and Summer when I'm walkin around town in shorts and sleeveless tops!!!! That's the GOAL!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.