Moms of Toddlers

melanalyus

Cathlete
Howdie Moms. Where did everyone disappear to? Ha ha. It's about 522am and I'm waiting just a bit longer for it to lighten up so I can go for a jog. DS1 & I have a 5K race in two weeks and I really want to beat him! ;)

No no offers on the house. We dropped price $15K a couple weeks ago & there's more activity but no offers. We just recently had a gigantic tree fall on the house (our 3rd this year, go figure) that's going to cost us THOUSANDS to pick up. :( B/c it's so big and so high they'll need to rent a crane to assist the tree down to ground. I"m trying not to focus on it.

As a gift to myself, with all my extra hours and the stress of two homes, I bought myself an elliptical. I"m only feeling slightly guilty. It seems we're always telling ourselves that we don't have the money, but end up "creating" it to do things like tree clean up,...you know what I mean?

Anywho,...

Justin is doing great. He really enjoys riding his bike. He gets super attatched to things for a few days at a time. Like holding a rubber lizard for 4 days, or a toy from McDs. He likes to cuddle more than he did about a year ago.

Jadon is still mama's little boy. He even admits to being my baby. He poops on toliet most of time now, but I don't push him at all. It's all on his part. He tried to ride his tricycle down a hill a couple days ago and got a fat lip! Sometimes he gets up at the crack of dawn to spend time next to me b4 I go to work. He's so sweet!

Jory (14 yr old) has had same girlfriend for 6 months. His voice is all crackly and he has shot up in height. He's he guy I"m going to beat next weekend. Ha Ha. He's a crosscountry star, but hasn't run for months.

Well, it's light enough out now so I best get going.

~Melanie~

Jadon born 11/23/05
Justin born 1/17/04
Jory born 4/9/94

Mel, I gave up on starting the posts since everyone seemed to disappear! Good luck with the house as well as the race!
We leave today for my niece's bat mitvah in Illinois, so we've been busy! Ashley turned 2 on Monday but hasn't been able to play much with her new toys since Alexis keeps playing with them!

My weight seems semi stable lately.

Hi Girls,

I love reading yours posts. Melanie, Your boys sounds so darn
adorable. I love their names too. I think I mentioned before.
Too bad about the house and now the tree. Good Grief. Your
spirits sound up though.

I know Shopaholic our forum is dying off. Hard to believe Ashley is
two years old. Really cute but challenging at times. I relate to all
the toys. I have put some away attaching card to identify the
gift giver. I have to or they are just tossed aside.

Jennifer is approaching 2.5 years. We bought princess underwear.
Jen is not into it at all. My Mom and sisters tell me I need
to get on the ball, but I can't push her. It doesn;t work that way.
The potty is available, we have the Elmo Potty DVD, etc. She is
a tall, lanky little girl who is tough to diaper. Believe me
we would love to have her trained. One less we would have in diapers.

Taylor is 9 months today. Crawling, clapping her hands, waves
bye bye and a complete love bug.

Sorry, hoping we can keep this going.

How is Finn's Mom doing???

Take Care,
Suzanne

hi - i too was so happy to read everyone's posts!

melanie, so sorry about the house. that is awful!! but good for you for getting your elliptical, and going out running. i cannot wait to be back outside. don't get me wrong, my treadmill is wonderful, and i love having that bathroom handy;) but i miss the outside. tell me details - what kind is it? the boys sound wonderful. hope you are getting more time with them.

elyse, have a wonderful trip. let us know how it goes.

suzanne, i cannot believe taylor is already 9 mons old! i cannot wait for my soon to be littlest to be that age. don't worry too much about the diapers. pushing seldom works, for sure.

i am on the home stretch of this pregnancy - 35 weeks and praying i go early.i am still running a lot, just slowly. i miss ab work but have totally stopped it due to small diastasis. i doubt it would do anything now anyways as i really cannot contract my abs. finn is so funny. he is 23 months old and definately testing me right now. into hitting and pretend biting me only - just to see my reactions. i have been trying time outs, but he won't stay sitting, so i take him to his room for 2 minutes. well, i must have hauled him upstairs 6 times before 10am yesterday:eek: talk about exercise. but, i know i just need to be consistent and not laugh at him. we still have no name for this baby boy. it is awful! on the good side, i have ordered my double jogger and am so excited. i have a car seat adapter, so i am hoping i don't have to wait to long and will at least be able to get both boys out for walks.

better get back to work!

I ordered a LifeFitness HR9500 elliptical. It's refurbished club-grade elliptical, the same kind used at University of Minnesota Twin Cities,...way back when I was a young student. Ha Ha

Morris, you are soooooo close! I remember your pg announcement. Your TTC/Pg forum is so active. My little boys are 22 months apart, challenging & so fun. We didn't have a name for Jadon until he was 3 days old and the hospital DEMANDED we named him!

Shopaholic & Jennifer it's so nice to hear from you guys! Your peanuts sound adorable.

~Melanie~

Jadon born 11/23/05
Justin born 1/17/04
Jory born 4/9/94

melanie, did you run by yourself this am or did you take the boys? i am so excited to get back outside. how is the job stress? things any better? i am having issues with my office manager and am trying to not let it get to me too much as she is not at all the biggest part of my job and is really more a nusiance than anything. i am just so hormonal these days that little things set me off..... elliptical sounds great. is it loud?

I ran alone, it was super early. The kids don't wake up until 7 or so. Job is okay, it's where I need to be right now. I did interview Tuesday, but was unimpressed. I"m all set for a bonus Aug 1st and again on Dec 15th, so I'm solid until then. Elliptical is quiet, it was a $3500 model, got it much less on Ebay. I don't have to worry about assembling either.
Will you put your resumes out? I'm so glad I am, you never know where life may take you. Three positions have opened up in my area. :)

~Melanie~

Jadon born 11/23/05
Justin born 1/17/04
Jory born 4/9/94

wow, 3 in your area!! i will probably not b/c there is a good chance we will move in a year to another state. then, if god blesses us, i will hold off from working for a few months until we get settled. otherwise, i will have to start applying early next spring. these days i am fantasizing about staying home with this baby. but, i need to keep my job, stay current, have that cushion during this next year of transition. you know about that i am sure.

wish we lived closer - we could run early together:)

We could still schedule runs together, you'd probably run faster than me even 35 weeks pg!!! Ha Ha

Yes, I know all about staying put at a job that's less than ideal. I'll pray that you can have peace about this decision AND that you'll be able to be a stay-at-home mommy. I can think of no more job more rewarding. ;)

~Melanie~

Jadon born 11/23/05
Justin born 1/17/04
Jory born 4/9/94

Hi Melanie!!! I just wanted to say hello since I miss "seeing" you around! Congrats on the elliptical. We're thinking of getting one also, but haven't been able to commit to it. Sounds like you're doing good and I hope your house sells soon after the price drop.

Lisa

Lisa, I miss you. You're alot of fun. :D I hope your pg is going well.

Suzanne I"m sorry I called you Jennifer. Oops! I really wouldn't worry about potty training Jennifer. NO PEER PRESSURE, it's up to Jennifer (not others) when she's potty trained.

Elyse, your girls sound so active. Are you still doing therapy from the home?
~Melanie~

Jadon born 11/23/05
Justin born 1/17/04
Jory born 4/9/94

Melanie- No worries. I would never have corrected you.........

Morris- Hard to believe for me that you are on the home stretch!!!
You are so fit, that's so great and again should be helpful.
Any names picked out? Or do you wait until your in labor like
I did twice?!!! Relax this time with your only child and enjoy the
wonderful challenges of having two. It really is special to see
the siblings love each other.

Hi Elyse! Have a fun, long weekend with Ashley and Alexis.

Hello to all the other Mom's.

Jennifer Claire 12/24/05
Taylor Elizabeth 08/22/07

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.