Mom's of babies Check-in Week of May 23rd

Melanie- Glad that at least part of your day is good. Maybe that means the meds are working? When do you take them? What is their half life? I hope you are giving yourself some rewards every day for getting through this. A mountain dew or a hot tub soak. Not that I would recomend it, because there are tax ramifications and it is not the best idea, but taking a loan against your 401K is a possibility in an emergency, or you can take a portion that you had from a previous employer and roll it into an IRA and take an early distribution. Again, both have in depth reasons on why they are not a great idea, but it might help. Just want to tell you that you are doing such a wonderful job.
Did PUB todya. Felt good. Making pulled pork for dinner. The house smells so good. Mmmm. I got the recipe from food network. I cannot wait!

Will get you guys some good articles to read about the 529 that throroughly gives benefits and stuff vs other investments, and some impartiality. I strongly believe in saving for retirement and education!
Okay, BBL. My butt is so sore. DOMS DOMS DOMS!

Ahhhhhhhh. I had a credit from kohls so I purchased some new Levis. I love levis. My weight is so low (120lbs now) and my normal clothes look ridiculous on me. It feels so good to wear some clothes that FIT. I got a pair of regular & a pair of long jeans. :D

Just finished a four mile jot with the girls. This afternoon I felt like a million bucks. I coulda ran another ten miles (maybe it has something to do with my six hour morning naps..lol)! I found a tree frog during my run, so I put it in my water bottle and brought it home for the boys. I took a quick bath with my girls, then the boys are taking a bath with their new frog-friend. Gotta suck up the good times!

Does anyone else bathe with their kiddos?

Melanie- That is odd about the morning vs afternoon feelings. I wonder why you feel better in the afternoon. Interesting.....Yay for new Levi's!!! It's always nice to have something new. I haven't bathed with James yet. It is faster to put him in the ducky tub and bathe him. You are such a cool mom for bringing home a frog!

Did Cardio Power and Resistance last night. Man, did I ever tell you how much I love Insanity???

My mom has been using Jillian's book Master your Metabolism and eating clean and she has lost 12 lbs already! I am so proud of her! This is the woman who would eat only 2 or 3 small meals to lost weight and not understand why she wasn't losing.

Ok busy busy day at work again. Whew...I am SOOO looking forward to my three day weekend. :D

jen, thanks for reminding me of the long weekend. That will make going to work easier tomorrow after a little mini-vacation of healing. I work Sat, but have Sun & Mon off.

Today is day 5 of Celexa. I have not taken anymore Ativan b/c I just don't think it helps.

This AM I woke up with my normal panic attack. Ugh. They are absolutely awful. I normally can feel one coming on. Then I wonder why I am in panic. Then I think about anything in my mind that MIGHT be causing the panic. Then I panic about the "issue". Then I talk myself down from the panic. It's exhausting. I got up though. And pushed myself through the morning rush of getting the girls changed and the boys off on the bus. I survived. Then I felt like I was going to vomit.

I purposefully made a running appt with my friend at 1030 to try to push through! Wish me luck!

Jen- I hear you so loud and clear on insanity! Nothing else challenges me as much as Shaun T these days, except Imax 2 and 3! Envelope in mailbox for you!
I got on the scale this morning and it said 144! I freaked out, and then noticed it was blinking. Ahhh, new batteries and a normal number now. 135 is just right! Phew! Sad that a number dictates my confidence.
Did anyone watch BL last night? I do not want to spoil it if not. I am proud of all three. I think that miss piggy and Mike are dating. How awesome did Daris and Mike's moms look? Wow! And the Kenny Roger guy looked great too!
So John slept AWESOME last night, got up at 4am for a bottle and got up at 6am. But Jimmy peed in bed, so had to get up at midnight to strip the bed. We snuggled and slept in the guest room and listened to the rain.
Melanie- wow, 120? That is so slim for you. Coudl there be any possibility that the weight loss and panic attacks are related? Maybe why morning is harder? Melatonin and seratonin are related to each other and estrogen and progesterone coudl play a role? Just want to help you figure this out. I know how much you want to feel powerful in the morning again...
Susan- THinking about you. I was remembering how hard it was moving last year. THinking of you. Hope you are lurking and can get a laugh out of us! Send up a smoke signal sometime so we can say hi! Hope you and the girls have a safe trip.
Lisa- Fb me if you want to the Insanity add on. There are weights, up your alley!
I am havign a low key week. Not feeling like creating tons of adventures this week. Going for a run and doing weights today. I am so excited to have the long weekend coming up.

120 is really light for me. :( These panic attacks make me nauseous and the depression makes it very difficult to eat. When I do eat, I often grab unhealthy stuff. I am trying my hardest to eat...I am nursing twins and want to keep up my energy/fat for them. Panic attacks must burn mega calories!!! But trust me, not the way you want to lose weight!!!

I am sure that estrogen/progesterone is playing a part...thus being tagged onto postpartum period. I don't feel groggy in AM so not sure about melatonin. I tried to take melatonin in evening but it did make me groggy in AM so I stopped. I could try again?

Today my five mile run felt strong! It was great to run with a friend. I felt like I could run another ten miles again. This was at 1030 AM, so maybe I'm slowly getting better?

Keep brainstorming ladies! I love the ideas we have here. So far, from me talking/chatting with friends it seems like anyone who has had panic/anxiety issues has had to learn to "deal" with them until they eventually went away (or situation improved).

Tomorrow I go back to work! Hoping for a CALM day!!!

Wow! Where has everyone been??? I'm still slammed at work and just wanted to say hi! James ate pieces of green beans last night and loved them! He is doing alot better with food now which makes it fun! Another round of Insanity tonight and then a dip in the pool with the boys! Hope everyone has/or has had an awesome day!

Hi girls, I haven't been around lately. I have been really busy this week. We had the Pest control guy come last friday and so far so good. I'm glad that's over. Oh, we may get some prtraits taken tomorrow with Daniel of course. I need to post recent pictures. My little guy is VERY strong will, I can tell. So, DH is taking summer classes and we have to flight MIL over for 2 months to take care of Daniel. She dioesn't know him yet so she is boyond excited. I just hope these next two months are uneventful ;)

Melanie, (((HUGS))), keep your mind busy and get medical help. I am glad that running serves as a therapy for you. I hope you are having a calm day at work today!

Jen, that's awesome about your mom's weight loss. I bought one of her books like two years ago (can't remember the name of it) and it had great w/o to follow. I'm just not too good with written w/o. I need my dvds and my crew :)

Christine, I enjoyed watching BL. I'm glad that Michael won. I did notice some lovey-dovey looks between him and Ashley but my coworkers think that he is not straight. Koli and Sam need some major advice. Those outfits were terrible! O'Neal is one of my favorites and I think Melissa looks older now, she does have nice biceps though! Ah girl congrats on your AWESOME run!!!

Hi Susan, Lisa, Allison and Kendra!!!

hello....echo..echo...anyone around?? I can't remember a week this quiet. I hope everyone is just busy, and there is nothing wrong!

Priscila-would love to see those pictures of Daniel

Melanie-how did your day end up?

It's been such a busy week here...not sure what makes it seem extra busy! I've had a few food slip ups and still at 130. I've stopped weighing myself and will care more about the last 5 lbs once I completely wean Reese. She's probably only getting around 10oz/day from me, but I'll keep going until she starts to resist too much.

Anyone have good snack ideas for Caden? I feel like I do the same things...fruit, cheese, frozen peas, PB sandwich, etc. He's 20months and still hasn't figured out using a spoon/fork too well (starting to think he will forever use his fingers!), so it's preferable that the snack isn't too difficult to eat. Foods that he can poke or that stick well to a utensil are great. What about healthy, nutrient-rich granola recipes? I feel like he gets enough "flour foods" at day care, so I try to avoid crackery things when possible.

Better get to bed...Reese has decided sleeping through the night is no longer cool. She's been waking once and then up for the day at 6 for the past few weeks. Have a happy friday!

Christine- Thank you for the DVDs!!! My week has been so busy that I TOTALLY forgot about them! I absolutely, positively cannot wait to try one of them!!!

Hi Lisa! What about slices of turkey or chicken with the cheese? Will he eat fruit? Oh those last 5 lbs will fall off when you are done BFing!!

Priscila- I agree, more pics of Daniel!!! I thought there was a look that passed btwn Michael and Ashley too but my friend at work thinks he is gay. I usually can pick things out like that and I don't get the feeling he is.

Melanie- How are you feeling girl???

Ladies....I miss you! I hope everything is okay with everyone. This is a strange quiet week around here.

Hi ladies. Yesterday went good/okay. It was slow in the pharmacy, so time went by slowly, but I didn't feel super anxious at work. I did feel like munching all day, so maybe my appetite is getting better?

I am still waking up anxious everyday...which sucks. Not a good way to wake up. In the mornings I am low energy (depressed) ribboned with mini-anxiety type feelings. I just want to go back to bed and rest out the mornings, but then that is unfunctional!

It is super quiet around here. Strange. Christine, everything okay over there? Susan?

Today a galfriend is supposed to come over for a visit. I try to plan things mid-morning to help "snap" out of the depression/anxiety trance. DH continues to go for coffee, but honestly he wouldn't be doing me any good if he let me sleep all the time.

I work again tomorrow, so hope to rest up today and let my body be my guide....

I am fighting a cold. Sore throat all week and feeling down. I think I am winning, but am dragging butt over here. John is rolling all over the darn place so I have been having to sew padding into all his clothes and figure out how to protect his joints from bleeds. I think that he was sleeping poorly last week, as his body started this new motor skill . Jimmy was like that. Then practicing whenever theey wake up in the crib. Boo to that!
Lisa- Here are some good snacks that Jimmy liked:
Black beans
Shelled edamame
string cheese
watermelon cubes
toast with peanut butter
little egg burrritios (great for holding and eating while in the stroller)
cooked whoel wheat noodles
granola
carrots
When he was younger, around Caden's age, I would keep prepared snacks in small containers in teh fridge and cupboard and grab them when needed. Black beans have always been one of his favorties, rinsed and a little salt.
Hope that you have a great trip this weekend! The insanity DVDs look good, more of the same. I am happy to help... Let me know.
Jen- Yay, you should get teh dvds today I think! They look good. I have felt crummy all week so have only previewed them. Sadly, today is the FIRST day since the race that my legs feel great again! Just in time for 24 miles tomorrow! Ha! Are you swimming this weekend? How is DH liking his new schedule during the days? What is James up to these days?
Priscilla- I am still twitching about the spider thing! Do you like MIL a lot? 2 months, whew. That is a while. But you are doign such a service to Daniel and her, increasing their time together, and it takes a lot of worry and burden off you. Glad that work is better without that troll of an assistant. More pics of Daniel! What is he up to? John is rolling all over. And so noisy!
Melanie- Glad that yhou are startign to get yoru appetitie back, that is a good sign. You mentioned that the girls are starting to sleep through the night, is it possible that you have fluctuating hormones in the moring because of fewer night feedings? I hav eheard that breast feedign is pleasant because of the oxytocin released into the body. Maybe your body is craving the chemical? Just throwing it out there. Great to get people over during the tough hours of the morning. I used to find that I had to get dressed, make the beds and vacuum first thing to prevent an attack. ALmost maniacal, but it helped me manage my feelings by being busy!
Okay, BBL for more, john is crying.

Christine- I did get the DVDs yesterday. I just cant wait to do them. I'm sorry you are sick. Yes I plan on being in the sun and water all weekend! :D Actually DH wants to take the jetskis out for a lil bit tomorrow ( I would rather float in the pool) but he needs to run them cause they have been sitting all winter. He is lovin dayshift cause he comes home and takes James in the pool while I do Insanity. I'm lovin it too cause I get to workout! :D

Melanie- I am still wondering about the body fat/hormone connection with you. I am glad that you are feeling a little better. Every little bit helps. It's hard not to think about it all the time, it can be all consuming.

So I have done Insanity every other day this week and feel awesome! I think I am going to start the rotation and see how I do without weights. I am loving what Insanity has done for my mid section. Plus I am not too excited about Meso 3 with the longer workouts (one of them is 68 min). I just dont have that kind of time to commit right now. After Insanity I might go back to Meso 1 or try Chalean.

Hi Susan! Are you moving yet? Miss you!

Jen- I think you are on to something. I have more anxiety and depression when I am below 135, my DH says I get a little dark... ANyhow, fat cells secrete estrogen, so maybe there is a link. Mel- Do you notice if there is more anxiety when you are real slim? Hope I am not thinking too much into it, just want to help. Great morning here, spent the whole thing outdoors, now off to eat red vines and read books and take a nap with both boys. :)

Just got back from dr's visit. I was a good girl and went. I wanted to cancel. :eek: I got a CBC, TSH, EKG. Everything is normal. Doctor switched me to free samples of Lexapro (faster onset) then will switch back to Celexa when samples run out. He told me that I could try more Ativan, but to give it a trial run when I'm at home with Randy. So. We just sit and wait for medicine to kick in.

I have no idea about the weight-mood connection. I think I lost weight due to the depression/anxiety. My appetite seems to have returned (although I'm not eating nearly as clean as I was). I'm sleeping better at night. I'm still blah...but semi-functional. As long as it's short-lived I can make it thru it! lol

Melanie- Good girl for going to the dr. ;) I'm glad you got a med that will work faster. Maybe don't worry so much about the clean eating as much as just eating what your body needs/craves. Kind of like pregnancy but not. :) I don't know that you were depressed/anxious when you were losing weight. I thought you lost weight after all that tough training and then the depression/anxiety kicked in. Maybe your body craving crappy stuff is its way of telling you that you need more fat/carbs. Just thinking/brainstorming out loud here. No real science behind it. :p

I'm such a dork and bad friend. Some friends from work were meeting at a restaurant and I was going to join them after I ate enchiladas (clean) at home. But instead, I bailed and previewed the Insanity DVDs (Thanks Christine!) Max Interval Sports Trng looks absolutely freakin awesome!!

Christine- Oh a nap sounds wonderful! It rained this afternoon and I just wanted to curl up in bed. Especially cuddling with your sweet boys.

Mel- glad you went to dr. My sister loved your new rx. She has a lifelong battle with this. Eat all that makes u happy! Glad u r on the mend and have a healthy philosophy on this. Lot of love and hugs.
Jen- I am so excited to try the new discs. Anyone else let me know if u want them. Lisa, gotcha! Had pizza and wine tonight. Shhh. Hope a good night sleep is my cure all. And the nap was great. I love my babies!!!!!

Good morning ladies! I think we are off to jetski for a bit today. I would rather float in pool but gotta keep DH happy. Its just alot of work for a short amount of time. Plus there was a gator attack out there recently on a guy that was swimming/training for a tri. ACK! :eek: Won't be going in the water!

I am trying to talk DH into doing an Insanity with me today. I am hoping he will love it like I do. He is very intimidated by it after watching the infomercial. I told him it is really not as bad as it looks, it is all what you make it. I hope to do Insane abs though.

Hi everyone! BBL! Have a great Saturday!

Maybe I should clarify. I tried to get down to 135lbs. Then shortly after my race I was down to 130lbs (that's when depression kicked in). Less than a month later I am down to 120lbs. I believe it's the depression/anxiety that caused the last 10-15lb weight loss.

Work is slow today. Pushing through!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.