Moms 2 Be Check In - September 25th

jogger7474

Cathlete
Hi everyone!

I had to work late three times this week :-( so my exercise schedule suffered.

Here is what I managed to do:

Sun: Walked about 4 miles - ran 1.7 miles of it :)
Mon: Rest day - worked late
Tue: Timesaver #4
Wed: Muscle Endurance Express premix
Thu: Rest day - workled late again
Fri: Rest day - worked late - software loves to stop working at 4:30 on a Friday afternoon.
Sat: Low Max - the whole thing! :D

Sandra - I just saw your birthing centre post! The labor dances worked! :D

Melanie - I know what you mean about legs and back deciding to complain halfway through a workout. I've tried to modify to as much low impact as possible to avoid that.

Kristan - I hope your work week was easy on you!

MSJ - How did your prenatal appointment go?

Gracenote - Was this week better for you?

Hi there! Fiddlefit FINALLY had her baby, eh? Big congrats to her!!! I only have few minutes, so I will post my workouts & then log in later.

Sun: Turbo Jams: Cardio Mix 1 + Turbo Sculpt
Mon: off
Tue: Low Max 1-4
Wed: Low Max 4-7
Thurs: Turbo Jam Cardio Mix 2
Fri: Cardio & Weights
Sat: off

Friday when doing C & W's I got a sharp pain in my side when I got up off the bench (shortly after doing tricep work). It was pretty scarey. I remember that happening once with last pregnancy. I'm sure it was ligament pain...but I spent much of the day praying & waiting for baby to begin moving around. Since this has been such a mellow baby as far as movement, I didn't know everything was okay until about 8 hrs later!!! Anyway, no more lying down to do weight work. I will be using my stability ball. :D

Talk to you soon!

**Melanie**
baby to be 11/28/05
Justin born 1/17/04
Jory born 4/9/94

http://lilypie.com/days/051128/2/4/1/-6/.png[/img][/url]

Hey there, ladies--

Another week passes. I'm 25 weeks now--15 weeks to go!!!

Hurray--Sandra had her baby and all went well and that is a good thing!

Adrienne-your workout week looks pretty good. Consider that most women don't exercise at all during pregnancy or at any other time (at least most women I know don't--that's why I come here to find exercise buddies:) )

Melanie--I have sharp ligament pains all the time, especially after doing weight work on the bench (inclined of course). They can be excruciating and occasionally, I can't move for a few minutes and have to chapter back to go on to the next exercisex(.

My doctor's appt went well. He is testing me for fifth's disease, just to make sure that he does all he can do for me as my ob. Apparently if the baby is affected, there are things they can do, especially since I am so far along in my pregnancy. Probably it would involve delivering at about 32 weeks, in which the baby would go into Neonatal intensive care. It is unlikely that this will happen at all. He is not worried and neither am I, but it is nice to know that all that could be done and can be done is being done and will be--how is that for a sentence:p :7 :p

About my weight--I stood backward on the scale, so I don't know what it said. He did not say anything about it, so of course I did not bring it up either. Next month is the glucose test--I got the orange flavorx( x(. What a thrill.

My workouts:
Mon. LIS/TBS circuit premix
Tues. IMAX 3 w/leg work during blasts
Wed. Body Fusion
Thurs. Rest
Fri.Muscle Max
Sat.SJP w/u and step, Power Max, section 2, 30 min stationary bike
Sun.60 min stationary bike (back bugging me a bit)

I hope the rest of you are doing well. Look forward to reading your posts.

Maggie:)

Adrienne- My week was busy, but at least the trial settled (at the last minute of course-- I spent the week stressing out about depositions, exhibits, etc). I was able to enjoy most of the day on Friday.

Melanie- I get terrible pain/cramps too, usually when pushing the stroller?!? Perhaps my center of gravity is off when I push the girls. I could walk for miles just fine, but pushing the stroller for just a mile makes me feel terrible.

Maggie- at least you get to take your orange junk home. There's a new 'rule' here that you have to drink it at the lab, then wait. I did drink it at the lab, but told the guy I was leaving for an hour to go to Target.

My week:
Monday: nothing
Tuesday: walk 2.5 miles, with a little stair running at the Arch
Wednesday: LIS with upper body work
Thursday: nothing
Friday: nothing, although I did walk about 1.5 miles to/from courthouse and lunch, in heels, so I figure I get extra credit
Saturday: walk 2 miles, all by myself last night (but with my big dog as 'protection')
Sunday: Timesaver 5 (I think this is mostly leg/glutes?). I also scrubbed down the nursery and have been cooking a lot.

I go to the dr. on Tuesday. I am going to bug her about another ultrasound and remind her we're donating cord blood.

have a good week.

Kristan, due 11-1 with #3

Kristan, How do you go about donating the cord?

**Melanie**
baby to be 11/28/05
Justin born 1/17/04
Jory born 4/9/94

http://lilypie.com/days/051128/2/4/1/-6/.png[/img][/url]

About cord blood-- There is a cord blood bank in our town. I had to fill out a health questionnaire and mail it back to the center. I'm then supposed to notify the hospital upon arrival that I wish to donate the cord blood. The nurses draw my blood during labor for testing. After the placenta is delivered, I guess someone draws the blood from the cord and sends it to the bank.

I'm not sure how you'd proceed in your area. I do know that only certain facilities can draw cord blood. Perhaps your doctor would know? Or a local children's hospital?

here is the sight of the place in our town:

www.slcbb.org

good luck! This program has been around for a few years and I wish I had donated with my first two deliveries.

Kristan

Kristan--I take it you are a lawyer? cool....It would drive me mad if I had to hang around the lab after drinking my orange stuff, because I would have all five kiddos with me. The older 3 would be fine reading or drawing, but thing 1 and thing 2 (4 yr old with downs and 2 old--both boys) would not do so well waiting for that long.

I wonder why they made that rule--too many women not drinking their stuff? It would never occur to me to "cheat"--I'm such a rule follower.

Maggie

Good Job Ladies!!!

Oh, and I'm now 34 WEEKS!!! I'm so excited we made it this far! Now just to get to 36 weeks!:)

Julie- so glad you are at 34 weeks! That's great to hear. Is your c/s still scheduled, or has it been moved into October?

Maggie- the 'rule' about waiting at the lab/orange crap came after someone had a 'bad reaction' to fasting, then drinking the stuff at home. I went AWOL on the lab and just left, announcing I'd be back in an hour. About, being a lawyer, yes, I am one, but a very parttime, only partially committed one!

Kristan

Hi, I was told by Melanie that I needed to start posting here. My friend who is a nurse figured my due date to be May 22. I think Its the 29th since I don't have regular 28 day cycles and believe I ovulated on day 21. I don't see the doctor until 10 weeks which makes me nervous. At some point, I may repeat the home test just for peace of mind. I do feel slighly winded working out but otherwise feel fine.

Workouts:
Sun-imax 2=ab ripper 200
Mon-circuitmax
Tues-Imax 3
Wed-viper
Thurs-tae boe ultimate bootcamp+kickbox intens. drills from kickmax
Fri-off-traveled out of town
Sat-firm-vol. 2

Well my c/s date is there if I could keep healthy until then, but that is unlikely. We are expecting to deliver the 36th week, week of Oct 10th (I believe), cause that is when I will be pulled off all my meds that are supressing my contractions. If we get a few more weeks it would be a blessing. Right now we are just taking things in stride.

Hi Shopaholic--nice to see you here!

Julie--keep hanging in there. It is so great that you made it this far. I'll bet you can make it 2 more weeks. We'll all keep praying.

Maggie:)

Now that I feel alive again, I am anxious to start my workouts. Because I have been a sloth for three months, I know that I need to start slowly.

I have a question about weight training. I will start with lower weights, but is there a recommended "maximum?" I have these fears of lifting too much weight and feeling a pop or something!

My legs and arms seem like Jell-O to me, and it's seriously grossing me out. So weights are making a huge comeback! I know not to lay on my back, but assume an incline is acceptable.

I can't wait to feel like "me" again! I'm excited to post my workout schedule next week :)

Thank you, ladies, for providing me with inspiration even when I couldn't think about exercise LOL!

Hi everyone. Not a bad week at all. Two months to go and so far, I feel pretty good. Got my RS/IMAX/MIC dvd this week and enjoy it a LOT. Can't wait to get to try the MIC hi-lo stuff.

Sunday: Step Works (all but last step section)
Monday: Upper & lower body premix from Bootcamp; all weights premix from SJP
Tuesday: rest
Wednesday: Rhythmic Step (all but the challenge)
Thursday: Muscle Endurance Express Premix
Friday: MIC step portion only
Saturday: rest

Sandra, we'll miss you on this check in but we're all so happy for you! What an inspiring birth story. It gives me hope!

Kristan, I too am a lawyer, although I'm no longer practicing since I went to grad school. I love the law as a discipline but not to practice it!! My new career path gives me the best of both worlds because I get to study legal issues that interest me without dealing with the human drama and stress of clients. Some people love that stuff but this lifestyle suits me better.

JulieL, I'm so happy that you have made it this far. Every day that passes must feel like a relief. What an ordeal.

PennStater, I know what you mean about feeling like jello. I worry too about lifting too much so I cut down the amount I lift significantly. I don't know if it's totally necessary, but I'm too much of a worrier to take chances. I figure that just using my muscles several times a week, even if I don't work them like I used to, has got to help in getting back into shape after the baby. I don't look cut, but not like sausage either so even a little must be doing some good.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.