Moms 2 B Check In for 4/16/05

wendymin72

Cathlete
Hey Ladies!

Didn't have a chance to do this yesterday...

I was at a baby shower!!!:7

The one that I know about is coming up this weekend still but apparently there was another planned that was able to be kept a secret and that happened yesterday. It's a long story as to why I am getting 2...unfortunately for me it doesn NOT mean MORE gifts LOL :p ...they just split up the guest list into 2 different dates/locations. Had a great time! Joey got lots of wonderful things!:+

So here's my week:

Sun: KPC premix # 3

Mon: Fit Mama Salsa and Yoga
Stretch Max # 3

Tue: PLB
IMAX 2 (5 step int only)

Wed: PUB up only premix
KPC Premix # 1 (20 mins)

Thu: REST

Fri: Low Max Step Only Premix

Sat: REST

Hope everyone had a good week and got in some good work outs!:)

~Wendy~

I smoked my last cigarette on March 17, 2004 at 10:00 pm!

http://lilypie.com/days/050519/1/0/1/-5/.png[/img]
EDD: 05/19/05

Wendy, I hope you got lots of cool baby things at your shower. With DS I ended up having 4 baby showers. I never realized I knew that many people. Tell us what you received! BTW, your workouts still look awesome. I won't even list my measly workouts.

Hey ladies. I was so busy this week I didn't get in much besides my daily walk.

Sun: none
Monday: none (had to go to a meeting & didn't have my reg lunch time)
Tuesday: walked 4.5 miles, GS back/shoulders/bieps and 6 sets of abs
Wednesday: PS strength chest & triceps, 30 minutes on the elliptical and #1 from Stretch Max
Thursday: walked 3.5 miles
Friday: walked 3.5 miles
Saturday: none (but cleaned my house big time, even scrubbed on my hands & knees)

Wendy you'll have to let us know all the cool stuff you received. When I had my shower when I had my DS I got so many nice things I didn't have to buy anything for the first 3 months.

Hope everyone had a great week! :)

Well, here's the abbreviated version of the gifts I received....

Stroller/infant car set combo
Pac-n-Play
Portable crib
Portable crib bedding
Regular crib bedding
Lamp and mobile to match crib bedding motif
A few small stuffed animals
Clothes
A toy-soft pins and bowling ball-my dh is a bowler and intends to have our son on the lanes as soon as he can walk. :+
Small diaper bag
Assorted neccessites like detergent, diaper rash cream, shampoo, etc.
A HUGE box of baby wipes
Towels, bibs, things like that
Set of bottles

Everything is upstairs in Joey's room waiting to be unpacked, washed, put together and organized. This is what I will spend my time doing once I am out on leave.:+

DH put the stroller together last night already...he must be getting excited to have jumped on it so quickly! lol

~Wendy~

Thanks Wendy that does help, think I'll pass.

Well I talked to the nurse again who talked to a doctor in my OB's office (my OBGYN is off on mondays). She said basically the baby is "cutting" my blatter in half, making me feel like I have to pee more often and that's why it's harder to go. Not much they can do for it, so I'll just have to ride it out. Hopefully that little bugger will move off of it soon!

Oh and Wendy I'll check your stroller out, have a good day!

Julie,

Gosh, I can't imagine how frustrating it must be to have to pee so badly and have nothing come out. I have never been catheterized but I'm sure it's not fun. Well, I hope you get answers and I hope it's easily remedied. Glad to hear that your DS is finally feeling better though!!!

If you'd like to see my stroller, go on over to babiesrus.com and type "Tyler MetroLite LE Travel System" into the search and it will bring up pics of it. :)

I bought the Fit Mamma work out in my first trimester. Didn't even attempt it until the beginning of my 2nd trimester and was very disappointed. Felt like I was accomplishing nothing to be honest. I really haven't used it much at all. I did it this past week only because I REALLY wanted to get in some kind of work out but I was very very tired so I figured this would fit the bill. I guess your opinnion of this work out will depend on how you are feeling, what kind of intensity you are capable of handling, etc. It's not that it's a BAD work out....just not enough for me. It has a 20 min salsa dance routine, a 20 minute yoga routine, a stretch and a routine meant to help prepare your body for L & D. No "traditional" ab work but she does have you contract your abs while standing as part of the yoga section. HTH.:)

~Wendy~

OMG Julie, that is a terrible pregnancy condition!! I'm foremost relieved that it's an innocuous condition, but I can't imagine having to live with this for the rest of the pregnancy. Do they expect it to change over time, as the baby maybe moves to a different position in your body? Does this mean that you are able to urinate when you need to, but just that you *feel* the need to urinate more frequently?

Sandra

That was an awesome haul, Wendy!! Your shower attendees were very generous! What could possibly be left for people to give you at your next shower? :) Oh, and most importantly, what kind of cake did they serve at your shower?

Cheers!
Sandra

I agree, the type of cake is very important information!!

It was a slug week for me. When I felt like working out, I didn't have time, and when I had time, I was too tired.

Sunday: Spinning class
Monday: Nada
Tuesday: 30 minute dog walk
Wednesday: Some side planks and ab work
Thursday: Spinning class
Friday: No time! How many calories does cheering at a Celtics game burn?
Saturday: Busy, busy
Sunday: Power shopping. That's my workout.

LOL Sandra...my cake was vanilla cake with strawberries and bananas inside and whipped cream icing..yummy! I actually have about 20 things left on my registry and everyone told me I didn't register for enough!!! People went off the registry for some things also...

~Wendy~

Sounds like you did well at the baby shower, Wendy!

This past week I didn't do very much.

Monday: MuscleMax (minus abs)
Tues: Cardio and Weights (minus the weights)
Wed: Walked home from work 30 minutes
Thursday: Walked home from work 30 minutes
Saturday: Walked to and from work 60 minutes

I am really torn on the exercise issue right now. It is near impossible to motivate myself at 4:45am (the time I normally work out). I'm just too tired at that time of day and easily justify the extra sleep for myself.

Then, I was reading in the Girlfriends Guide to Pregnancy and she really seems against aerobics and weights while you're pregnant. Granted she's not a medical doctor, just speaking from personal experience. So, that lessens my movtivation to work out like I regularly do. The only thing she condones is walking.

In Houston, the weather gets pretty darn hot in the summer and walking outside will not be an option a month or so from now. The only other thing is to keep up with my Cathe dvd's and start working out in the afternoon.

Did any of you lessen the amount of weight you were lifting when you found out you were pregnant or shortly thereafter? I just don't feel comfortable lifting what I used to. It is mental I am sure, but I don't want to put any unnecessary strain on my body.

I have not had any Morning sickness at all......the only thing that makes me believe that I am pregnant are huge, sore boobs and of course this excessive saliva that I don't really notice that much anymore unless I stop to think about it and then I realize, "yup, still there."

Hope everyone has a good week!

Janna

Do they expect it to change over time, as the baby
>maybe moves to a different position in your body?

I think? hope??? - please baby move!

Does this mean that you are able to urinate when you need to, but just that you *feel* the need to urinate more frequently?
>
both at times I guess, bummer huh! Hopefully it won't get as bad as it did on Saturday, or I'll be a cryin!

>Sandra

Hi Janna.:)

I don't lift what I am truly capable of now that I am pregnant. In the first trimester I went VERY light on the weights...have upped them since then with out issue but still not at my max and won't go there until after the baby is born. Even then it will be a slow progession since it is mandatory to refrain from exercise for atleast 4-6 weeks after childbirth so I'm sure I'll be some what weaker by then.

Aerobics/weight lifting are not "taboo" during pregnancy today but if you are not comfortable doing it, don't force yourself. You have to do what you are comfortable with and it's not worth it if it is going to cause you unneeded stress/worry.

~Wendy~

Did any of you lessen the amount of weight you were lifting when you found out you were pregnant or shortly thereafter? I just don't feel comfortable lifting what I used to. It is mental I am sure, but I don't want to put any unnecessary strain on my body.

Yes, my OB said to go from my heaviest 45lbs to 25. Well I have dropped to 30 for lower body as the heaviest I am using and feel right now that is good for me. I'll drop more as I get bigger, and I don't want my balance to be an issue for saftey. FWIW Cathe plugs a book called Fit To Deliver for exercise and modifications. I am looking for a used one myself.

Julie ~ I'm so sorry that you are going through that. Sounds awful. I hope baby moves soon!!!

Wendy ~ that cake sounds delicious. It's time for my afternoon snack and you are making me hungry!!!

I only lowered weights for some of the exercises. I still use 40lbs for lower body (squats) and still use 40lbs for rows and deadlifts. I had to lower my weights to 12lbs dumbells for presses/flyes as I seemed to be losing my strength (of course my chest is my weakest area). When I first found out I was pregnant I would work out during lunch at the gym - I was doing 200lbs on the leg press and I asked my midwife what she thought and she told me that was fine. She advised me to not pick up over 40lbs and to use my own judgement. So far this seems to be working for me. I know that soon enough I'll be lowering my weights.

Since we're on this topic, have you had any problems with certain exercises? The other day I was doing shoulder flyes sitting on the high step (where you bend over) and my belly is already starting to get in the way. LOL

>Since we're on this topic, have you had any problems with
>certain exercises? The other day I was doing shoulder flyes
>sitting on the high step (where you bend over) and my belly is
>already starting to get in the way. LOL

Oh forget it! LOL They are extremely difficult for me...I have to spread my legs really wide and still can't bend down nearly as far as Cathe does...I just do them the best that I can! I also spread my legs a lot wider these days on squats to make room for the belly.:+

~Wendy~

Sunday - Circuit Max
Monday - Imax 3
Tuesday - nothing
Wednesday - nothing
Thursday - Imax 3 (getting better at it, but thinking it may be too much to do regularly)
Friday - Firm Tough Tape 2
Saturday - road trip: packing and walking
Sunday - 3 mile cross country walk pushing stroller. We live in a rural area, so it's a pretty hilly route.

Feeling pretty yucky most of the time. One blessing is that I'm not sick until about 9 am, so I can get everyone out the door and get to work before it hits. As long as I don't eat anything, anyway. It's a fine balance between being sick from an empty stomach and being sick from eating something that my hormones have declared off limits... Despite this, I managed to gain a few pounds, which TOTALLY freaks me out. With the other 2 pgs, I didn't gain anything until 10-12 weeks. This is not a good start. :eek: I know some of it is water (rings 'dents' on my fingers and sock 'dents' on my ankles) but still...

Janna - Had to smile at the Girlfriend's Guide reference. Those books are so funny - I loved the pregnancy one, and also read the one about getting your groove back. I need to get the one for the first year of motherhood. I'm sure it's just as funny. Anyway, for what it’s worth, if you don’t feel comfortable, don’t do it. Your body is doing so much work - what you think of as ‘mental’ may be a little fatigue creeping up. There are many months to come where you may feel like doing a little more or a little less. Besides, 4:45 is EARLY!! Definitely consider the fatigue issue!

I had to edit this to add that I just noticed I think we're on the same due date!! What are the odds?! :) :)

Wendy – glad the shower went well and it certainly looks like you have a great start on the baby necessities. Bet you can’t wait for your leave to start so you can get to all the fun stuff before the baby comes… Did you take lots of pictures?

Julie – sure hope your baby moves soon - I can only imagine the discomfort!

Gotta run – hope you all have a great week!

KC

:) :)

Hi Gracenote.

I'm really excited to get a move on the baby's things...I'll be surprised if I actually can hold off doing anything until I'm on leave! lol My best friend vide taped some of the shower and she took some pics as well. She is supposed to email them to me at some point...when she does, if there is a decent one (lol), I will certainly share it here.

I had to laugh at your comment about "sock dents in the ankles"...I have them now too. I hate them!!!! EWWWWW! :p lol And I just recently had to take off my wedding and engagement rings and put them away because of the water retention in my fingers as well.:-(

Have a great night!

~Wendy~

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.