Mommies to be - Almost Oct Roll Call

Winter

Cathlete
Hi Everyone,

Hope everyone is doing well. I had a 21 week ultrasound and found out that I am having a girl. Very excited about this and for some reason once I found out the sex it was all that much more real to me. She is my whole world already and I am 25 weeks.

I am still feeling tired a lot and have heartburn. My friends don't think I look pregnant yet. They want me to look pregnant. I suppose that is when it becomes more real to them. I am 38 and the last of my friends to have kids (I think).

I have been feeling the baby move since 19 weeks. It seems the first few weeks she moved more than she does now but I think I could be imagining that since the newness of her moving has worn off. I think worry is a useless emotion but I am not immune to that. Trying not to worry if I think her pattern of movement varies but it is hard not to.

I teach at a community college and on one campus the students have no idea I am pregnant. It will be weird once they can tell and ask me. I have only 7 students in that class and I have had them as student prior years.

How is everyone else doing?

Winter

Winter said:
Hi Everyone,

Hope everyone is doing well. I had a 21 week ultrasound and found out that I am having a girl. Very excited about this and for some reason once I found out the sex it was all that much more real to me. She is my whole world already and I am 25 weeks.

I am still feeling tired a lot and have heartburn. My friends don't think I look pregnant yet. They want me to look pregnant. I suppose that is when it becomes more real to them. I am 38 and the last of my friends to have kids (I think).

I have been feeling the baby move since 19 weeks. It seems the first few weeks she moved more than she does now but I think I could be imagining that since the newness of her moving has worn off. I think worry is a useless emotion but I am not immune to that. Trying not to worry if I think her pattern of movement varies but it is hard not to.

I teach at a community college and on one campus the students have no idea I am pregnant. It will be weird once they can tell and ask me. I have only 7 students in that class and I have had them as student prior years.

How is everyone else doing?

Winter

Hi Winter!

I am also 38 & pregnant w/ my first - just a week or so behind you, I think. Going to let the gender be a surprise. I understand what you mean about it just starting to feel real. I feel little "popping bubbles" all the time and I'm never sure if it's baby or *red face* gas! Embarrassing, but other moms have told me they had that problem, too.

I have another check-up next week. At the last check-up I had only gained about 7 lbs so far and my doc said that was fine. My belly has started to pop out recently and I find maternity clothes more comfortable now, so we'll see if I'm still on track next week!

I'm going to register for baby stuff soon, but I'm having a hard time finding my favorite: classic Winnie the Pooh. Target used to carry it, but they discontinued it. Boo!

Cathe DVD's I'm doing now: Low Max, Low Impact Circuit, Low Impact Step, Supersets/Push-Pull, 4DS, Kick Punch Crunch/Legs & Glutes, Muscle Max, and Butts & Guts. I'm still not sure how to modify or substitute some of the floor-based ab work. Some I do on the ball and I guess I could do planks.

Looking forward to reading everyone else's check-ins!

Hi Winter! I just wanted to say congratulations on having a little girl! I agree with you - once I found out that I was having a girl, the pregnancy became more real to me as well. Try not to worry too much about the movement. I only felt my little one moving in the evenings and the doctor seemed to think that was okay as long as I was feeling something at least every day. He thought maybe I was too busy to notice during the rest of the day, but when I relaxed on the couch at night that's when I could tell she was moving around.

I'm glad your pregnancy is going well. Thanks for posting an update on how you're doing. Enjoy your weekend!
Carrie

I am a new checkin on this forum. I am 37 and 7 weeks pregnant with our third child!!! Had my first ultrasound yesterday and saw the little heartbeat...seems even more real now, especially since we weren't really trying. I haven't really been working out much the past couple of weeks. I didn't feel good for about a week and I am more tire than with my other two. But I really want to get into doing some form of exercise again, walking, yoga and of course some Cathe DVD with modification. I will not be able to push myself the way I would normally since my body isn't as use to it as it use to be. I will have another ultrasound between 11-13 weeks and the 20 wk ultrasound around Christmas.
mhunt

Congratulations everyone on your pregnancies!!! It is such an exciting time for us! I am 37 years old and 18 weeks pregnant with my first. I will find out the sex of the baby tommorrow, it still doesn't seem real maybe then it will. I also having been feeling baby bubbles , but I was not sure if it was just gas too.( I swear I felt like I was feeling more, but I think it was a hopeful thought) My belly has started to come out a bit, I am 4'11 and I was wondering when I would start to show since it really has no where to go. I still fit in my clothing but they are getting a bit snug. I have been doing Cathe's workouts for 3 days a week since the start of my pregnancy. I follow all of Cathe's rotations so I been picking and choosing which 3 I want to do. I have been doing all the DVDs with a bit of modifications and of course I can't finish the whole thing-I try!! I did Low Max, Travel fit , and I will be doing Kick Max. Please fill me in with all of your workouts!

30 weeks and counting!

Hi Mommies-to-be! So nice to read your stories.

I am heading into week 31 and expecting a girl as well. I am very excited as it is my first. I feel great except for the occasional groin soreness and leg stiffness. My back feels like it's turning inside out! LOL. I am exercising 6 days a week and so thankful that I am able to do that. I don't feel like I've gained a ton of weight and all my tests have come back normal. I am 39 years old. Premixes have been a godsend once my 7th month hit because they are usually shorter; less intense. It's actually kind of fun to see if I can modify workouts I've been doing for years (like Interval Max)!

I really hope I can do this up to week 40 because it makes me feel so good mentally and physically. I want my baby to get used to the sound of Cathe's voice (as well as other instructors), so it will be normal to just throw in a video when she's in her bouncer or something. I also want her to see Mommy working out so she understands that fitness and health is very important. Good luck to you all!

Hi Everyone,

You all AMAZE me that you have kept up with Cathe and working out. I have been so tired and drained of energy that all I can do is walk. Plus Cathe gets my heart rate pretty high. Doc said it should be no more than 60% so I complied!

It is comforting to me that most of us are in our late 30's during this pregnancy. Those of you having the first one now do you plan to have a second child? I really think no but have not ruled it out. I love kids and don't want my daughter not to have a sibling to share her life with. I just really don't want to be pregnant again. How can I take care of a small child when I am so tired....... Also concerned about my age if I have a second. If I do I would like to try within a year after the birth of my first.

Wastewitch - I was so going to not find out the gender and I couldn't say no when the US tech asked me. I thought I would have a bit of regret either way but I don't at all. I did mourn a bit that it was not a boy. I think because I may not have another. I don't know it was weird.

Welch - thank you!! She is already the sweetest thing in the world. I do believe I have been ignoring her movements. Must be my normal now.

mhunt - congrats. I remember being 7 weeks and feeling icky and tired. Still tired!

nurse34 - congrats - do you have preference between boy or girl?

Liann - thank you! So excited.

ageleg - congratulations. sounds like everything is going well for you!

So glad everyone is doing well!

Winter

Hi everyone!

I am 36 years old & pregnant with my first baby. I've been on the forum for a long time but recently, don't post as much as I did in years past. I'm 15 weeks now and seem to be at a point where the queesiness is gone & acid reflux has subside a bit (it was rough for a while) though I am super tired. I tend to have long days at work but am starting to schedule better and make things work. The best part is that I have my own business so if I need to leave early or re-arrange things, it isn't terribly impossible.

Workout wise, I also am at a point where I feel like I can work out a little harder (probably because I am not so queesy) and more often. Yet, already I feel like I am so out of shape from lack of working out the past couple of months while ill. It's a tough feeling after working so hard to take care of myself for many years. I know it is all recoverable and it is all worth it for baby, but I can't lie - it's a tough transition!

Looking forward to talking with you all in the next bunch of months! Lots of questions in my head and know that more will come up!

Last edited:
Hey Timber,

Looks like we are going to be due around the same time. I too have been dealing with morning sickness and it's the pits! I am still having bad days but the good ones seem to be more often. I am also exhausted. My new bed time is 8:30 and when 6 am rolls around I feel like I could still sleep another 2 hours.

As for the working out, when you feel so crappy it takes all your energy to work full time and keep the house tidy. I was hoping with the second trimester I would feel better and be able to do some working out. I think I have fallin into a rut and need to really push myself. I feel your pain about working out. I feel like I have become so weak and soft. I have put on around 8lbs but I feel like I've lost 4lbs of muscle and gained 12lb of fat.

Once the baby comes it will be worth it.

Hi, ladies! I hope to join you all soon with a 2nd child. We've been trying for quite a while for a 2nd, but have not been having a lot of luck. I'm currently 35, but gave always dreamed of having 2-3 kids. We'll see what God has in store for us. Anyway just wanted to pop in and say you all are inspiring to me, and best of luck to you all for healthy pregnancies!

Chrissy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.