Miss Lee, Vee, or Other Wireless Headphone Users

carres1973

Cathlete
I am getting wireless headphones for my birthday:D! Now, which ones should I ask for? I looked at the Jaybird Gear. Are they good? Some reviewers are saying they didn't fit in their ear or around their head. Also, some are reporting syncing/connection issues. Has anyone who owns a pair experienced that? There are two sets available on Amazon. One has the little iPod adapter, one does not. I have an iTouch. Will I need the adapter? Another pair I saw is by Motorola. I am not sure I like the blinking light on the back of my head (http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-MOTOROKR-S9-Bluetooth-Headphones/dp/B000SNOT4C/ref=pd_sim_e_5). Recommendations? Other wireless headphones owned and loved? Thanks for all recommendations!

Carrie

I bought the Jaybird Gear (the one with the bluetooth adapter for an iPod) based on Vee's review. I have not had any synching or connection issues. The fit isn't perfect but it's good enough. I wouldn't like them for listening to music, but they're great for work outs! I believe Vee has since found another wireless headset that she likes better. Please don't make your purchase based solely on my comments :eek: -- wait for Vee -- she knows SO much about electronics and will be a big help to you.;)

Oh yay! Wireless headphones are such a great thing for the gym or for runs.

I recommend buying from a place where you can send back the headphones if they dont fit. Whether you buy Motorola or jaybird or some other brand, this is a better option. I know that if you order direct from the jaybird website, they have a no questions asked return policy.

I have come to realize that fit with jaybird gear is based on size and shape of ear canal. Believe it or not, this varies from person to person! They fit me great. My husband is not so lucky. My sis has no complaints. If you use as directed (reading the instructions) there are no syncing issues. At least for me there were not.

I havent used Motorola but hear from friends that they arent a good option for sweaty, active use.

I have tried other bluetooth options like jabra and I liked jaybird much better for active use. I have sweated buckets wearing them, while running, weight training and doing yoga and had no problems. With the ipod Touch you will need to buy the model that has the ipod adapter.

I agree with Miss Lee, bluetooth headphones in general and jaybird specifically are not something I would use except when working out. I like the sound quality that a pair of higher-end wired headphones can provide better. also the ipod battery drains faster with bluetooth headphones than wired headphones.

The other wireless product I like better is the Sony wireless mp3 player. Here is the amazon link. It is an incredibly compact mp3 player cum headphone. It is a perfect gym companion for me with the small disadvantage that it does not have a screen. However you can scroll through your music / audio-workouts by asking the player to play little snatches until you get to the track you want. It is more comfortable and has a more secure fit than the jaybird gear and sounds G-R-E-A-T. The only thing is, you cant use it with your touch.

I have an ipod nano for non gym use. I now use the sony for the gym.

The price of this sony player-cum-headphone is great too!

Last edited:
Thank you for the advice. I think I will ask for the Jaybird with iPod adaptor. I have a pretty small ear canal so hope it fits alright.

Carrie

Thank you for the advice. I think I will ask for the Jaybird with iPod adaptor. I have a pretty small ear canal so hope it fits alright.

Carrie
Carrie, I'm very happy with my Jaybird headset and I really hope they work out for you, too. Happy Birthday!!!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.