MIS ?

Bernard

Cathlete
Hi All,

I am planning on doing a Cathe step routine tonight, and afterwards MIS (for the first time), I am just wondering what to expect with this video. PH wiped me out, how will this workout make me feel ?

Thanks
Anna :)

It will definately wipe you out. I consider the full version of this a stand alone tape. It's just too tough to combine with a ful-length step workout unless you eliminate some of the sets and exercises. I use the cardios from CTX and a 30-40 minute version of MIS and split the upper and lower body sections.

I did the first step section of the Wedding tape (BEFORE my VCR ate it!) and the lower body section of MIS last night and got a great workoutout. A little cathe goes a long way.

On Leg Day I often do MIS legs..twice. Its enough to make me cry like a baby. :) But as a whole, I love MIS. I especially love the music which is mostly percusive, very hot!

I did all of MIS last wk. My legs and esp my butt were sore from Thurs until Sat and even a bit sore on Sunday! I loved it though!

dee c.

Hi Anna! I am on my last week of an MIS rotation. I have been doing it 3 days a week, as well as MIC, CK, and Step Works once a week. This tape is pretty tough. I do not suggest doing the whole thing after a step workout, that is just my opinion. I agree, PH is exhausting, but this tape is not to be underestimated. It is 75 min. long. I used to think the lower body section was *easy* so I upped my barbell, and it made me feel it in my butt and quads for days. I like to do this tape as is, and then do an all out cardio tape the next day. Cathe is in top form on this one, in my opinion. She is full of energy and uses a 35 lb. barbell during every body part. Amazing. I am almost there. Have fun and take a rest if you feel like it. As Cathe says, "Listen to your body."

WHAT??????????????? And you aren't in a wheelchair????

>On Leg Day I often do
>MIS legs..twice. Its enough to
>make me cry like a
>baby. :) But as a
>whole, I love MIS. I
>especially love the music which
>is mostly percusive, very hot!
>

RE: I DID MIS TONIGHT...

Without the step routine. I like MIS, and I ache nicely - mind you, I said that after PH and I ached like hell the next morning !!! Even my core feels it has been challenged :) It is great the way weights work the abs, isn't it ?
And , I even managed to lift my new barbell weighing 10#, I was finding that as I got through MIS, my 8# body bar was just feeling like a wooden stick, so the extra 2# made a difference. My DH asked me again if I was in labour ? He asked me the same thing during PH, too LOL !

WOW ! :-wow Jillybean ! You are nearly lifting a 35# barbell !!!!!! Well done - that is great :D I hope you don't mind, Jillybean, but I would like to copy down your MIS rotation, as it sounds brilliant ! Thanks

And I decided to leave off the step workout tonight too.

Anna :)

RE: I DID MIS TONIGHT...

Good job, Anna. I di MIS just the upper body and abs the other day. It was a perfect compliment to Leaner Legs!

I missed MIS a while so it was nice to get back to it. I always giggle at the dead lifts- or is it rows- when Cathe says, "lean over, with a flat chest..." LOL!

Oh I often feel as if I need a walker. But only for a day or so. :) I work one-two body parts a week to exhaustion. MIS is grand for those leg days!

RE: I would do MIS first and then your cardio

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Nov-23-02 AT 11:34PM (Est)[/font][p]Hi Anna

MIS really is a classic weight workout and will always be favourite of mine. It was really the first strength tape to challenge me and I credit it with the beginning to the muscle and definition I now have. You need good form when lifting weight and if you do the cardio first and are even slightly tired, I think form could suffer and MIS is an intense workout, to say the least. Everyone is different though and I think the school of thought is that you should do first the thing you most want to concentrate and be the best at.

I have been known, when I was a little crazier and some would say obsessed, (who me - never :)) to do MIS and MIC on the same day. I did MIS first and cannot imagine doing it the other way around. When you are done MIC, you want to be done for the day.

Just my .02. Let us know how you make out.

Kim

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.