Microloading Tip Without Gloves or Pace Weights

Missa7

Hello,

I wanted to share a tip about microloading to help with STS and other workouts. While looking at options like pace weights, and adjustable gloves I got another idea. I bought a set of 2 lb walking weights and also a set of 3 lb walking weights. These are just small dumbbells with a Velcro strap attached from one head to the other; so what I do is slip one on each hand backwards so that I am just holding the strap in the palm of my hand and the dumbbell is resting against the back of my hand, then I pick up a regular set of dumbbells and perform an exercise. It's great how fast this is (no zippers to deal with removing and replacing weights) which is really important especially when trying to keep up with a DVD, and the safety factor is really nice too (no worries about magnets falling off a dumbbell during reps.) Plus it allows me to wear my regular weight lifting gloves. Likely someone else has thought of this before, so I would love to hear other people's experiences too.

If I need to, I can use my 1 pound wrist weights and with that around my wrist, nothing gets in the way of the dumbbell in my hand.

My pace weights/magnets have NEVER fallen off my dumbbells, just FYI. I feel totally safe with them even when doing overhead moves.

Clare
I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Pace weights! One of the BEST fitness investments I've ever made! I HIGHLY recommend this option; the 1/2 pound increments have been FANTASTIC!!!

Hello,

I wanted to share a tip about microloading to help with STS and other workouts. While looking at options like pace weights, and adjustable gloves I got another idea. I bought a set of 2 lb walking weights and also a set of 3 lb walking weights. These are just small dumbbells with a Velcro strap attached from one head to the other; so what I do is slip one on each hand backwards so that I am just holding the strap in the palm of my hand and the dumbbell is resting against the back of my hand, then I pick up a regular set of dumbbells and perform an exercise. It's great how fast this is (no zippers to deal with removing and replacing weights) which is really important especially when trying to keep up with a DVD, and the safety factor is really nice too (no worries about magnets falling off a dumbbell during reps.) Plus it allows me to wear my regular weight lifting gloves. Likely someone else has thought of this before, so I would love to hear other people's experiences too.

Thanks for this great suggestion!! This works perfectly!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.