Michelle Dozois?

MCunningham

Cathlete
Anyone have any experience with her videos? Did you like them? I've fallen off the horse with exercise the last several months, and now I'm easing back into it, and looking for easier, lower-impact stuff to use until I'm back up to using the more intermediate/advanced stuff.

Just wondering what your opinions are of her stuff/style.

I first saw Michelle when she was on some of the Buns of Steel series of videos. Back then she was Michelle Nevidomsky and she was probably my least favorite of the instructors too perky and didn't like her cuing. However, since then she's gotten a lot more experience, I guess, and I like her more--though I only own one of her workouts now: Breakthru Pilates Plus. I have a very high turnover rate for workouts, I guess. I like her style a little better now, though she still sometimes borders on perky. Overall she is pretty likeable in her newer workouts, and though she is in a lot of beginner stuff she's starting to get more intermediate level on some of them. I liked the Shape Bikini Body Camp workouts well enough, but I prefer step or kickboxing to floor aerobics so I ended up selling them.

HTH,

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=teal]***Lainie***

My fitness blog: http://web.mac.com/lainiefig/iWeb/Site/Exercise/Exercise.html
7.gif

"The worst loneliness is to not be comfortable with yourself." -- M

I have her latest Body Circuit workout, and it is fantastic. Advanced and higher impact, this hour long workout incorporates hi/lo aerobic segments with band and dumbbell work. One of my newer favs!!

I have never really gotten along well with her.

Quite honestly, when starting back again, which I end up doing so much (!), I just either use the treadmill and a lot of power walking, or I use Cathe's easier and earlier stuff to ease back into higher impact work. Her Step Heat workout is good for this, as is Step Fit, and Rhythmic Step in sections. You can also use just the step sections of Low Max, without the blasts.

For weight training I use Cathe but with lower weights that I was using when I took the break from exercise. And yes, the first workout is crappy and the muscles scream for 3 days afterwards, but I know this going in, plan for it, suffer it and then know that that stage is done and now I can move onwards and upwards!

If you find the bits of Cathe's workouts that you can still use, you can save yourself some money on buying new Beginner/Intermediate workouts that you may never use very much.

Clare

I can't say much of her other releases, but Your Best Body Circuit is well worth having. It's a true circuit, alternating cardio with weights/band work. The cardio is basic enough to pick up without having to learn it. Once you find the right weights, the toning can be quite challenging. And for once, the band that's included, is a very heavy-duty band!

I found Michelle very personable on this. Not to chirpy, not too dull or sedate. I had her Pilates-Sculpt and some other circuit workout of hers that she co-led with Tracy York (Body Breakthru Circuit maybe?) and sold both of them. This latest release is a keeper.

Diane

I love Best Body Circuit.....and I like Michelle.

I also like the Shape Bikini Body workout....especially the 1/2 hour cardio one. I have her other new ones on Preorder from Amazon.

I also have only done her Breakthru Pilates Plus which is a really good fusion workout with ballet, pilates and yoga. She does this video with Tracy York. When I first did this, it was very challenging for me (before Cathe). I just pulled this one out a few weeks ago and even though it was much easier, it's still a really good workout. I really like the ballet section. It's about 51 minutes long. Tracy and Michelle trade off doing the instructing.

Marcy

I have Breakthrough Step I and II, she switches off with Tracy York on both of these. They are fun if you like dancy choreography and not really high intensity, which would be good for easing back into working out. I pretty much never do weights with anyone but Cathe anymore because I'm always disappointed, but these step videos are good if you are looking for something a little less intense.

Lisa

I have the 3 Beakthrough workouts (circuit, sculpt and cardio) and I like them. The cardio one is my least favorite and the circuit one is the best. I love it. I think the sculpt and the circuit are keepers. I love the way Michelle uses the resistance band. I love the Shape bikiny body camp transforming workout too. The 1 program of this DVD is a Michelle's interval workout. I really like it. It is a short and intense interval workout.

Mariángeles

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.