Michelle Dosois Peak 10 Dvds

Dela

Cathlete
Just wanted to share 2 new dvds I recently bought, I had never heard of Michelle before recently, I found out about her on the VFF boards. I have not done any good enabling lately ;) so here goes.

So immediately when I viewed these clips, I knew these would be great, and they did not disappoint!

They are Peak 10 Cardio Interval Burn and Cardio Strength. The strength workout is about one of toughest workouts I can recall doing, now I don't have any of the Terminator Cathe dvds, so I certainly have not done it all, but this workout is a killer, it's really more cardio than strength IMO. The Burn dvd is still a total sweatfest, but it's not quite as tough as Strength, which I'm OK with that :D. The workouts both follow a circuit style format, and build in intensity in each circuit. There are no pre-mixes, but each "peak" can be done as a stand alone to mix and match if you are short on time, and they are chaptered by peak.

I can't find any sites where the price is less than $20/workout.

Here are the links if you want to check them out.
http://www.advancedworkouts.com/midope10cain.html

http://www.advancedworkouts.com/midope10cast.html

I have them too! And had never heard of her before.

I've done the cardio interval one only, so far. LOVE it!!! it's a cool/different approach to intervals and the music (which is a big factor for me) isn't too bad!!!

OH NO....I have been reading up on these too, so tempting to purchase. But with Cathe's workouts coming out soon, I don't know if I can do it . They sounded great. I already purchased Atletica based on VFF reviews. That site is killing me (well, really my wallet). I still have other workouts I haven't even touched yet..ugh).

Thanks for the review. Since I did pre-pay for Cathe's, maybe I can find some extra cash lying around...:eek:

BTW, not to be an enabler, Atletica is a good one, super fun and hard)

I used to work out with Michelle Dozois and Tracey York a lot -- until I graduated to Cathe!

I've done the Peak 10 Cardio Strength so far, and loved it! It's really much more advanced than any other Michelle workouts I know of. Haven't done Cardio Interval Burn yet, but I'm looking forward to it. She's an excellent instructor, and I'm glad to see her doing advanced videos now.

Dela, you naughty enabler!! These workouts look awesome!! I've never heard of her but the two Peak DVD's look great! Very different approach. Wait... is Santa coming early this year??:p:p Maybe it's The Great Pumpkin... no, he's bringing Cathe's DVD's!! :eek:

Pam

OH NO....I have been reading up on these too, so tempting to purchase. But with Cathe's workouts coming out soon, I don't know if I can do it . They sounded great. I already purchased Atletica based on VFF reviews. That site is killing me (well, really my wallet). I still have other workouts I haven't even touched yet..ugh).

Thanks for the review. Since I did pre-pay for Cathe's, maybe I can find some extra cash lying around...:eek:

BTW, not to be an enabler, Atletica is a good one, super fun and hard)

Atletica looks great, but I can't stand the drums, like not even to get through the whole clip.

Dela, you naughty enabler!! These workouts look awesome!! I've never heard of her but the two Peak DVD's look great! Very different approach. Wait... is Santa coming early this year??:p:p Maybe it's The Great Pumpkin... no, he's bringing Cathe's DVD's!! :eek:

Pam

I know, this was my first time hearing about her too, luckily I had read about it and ordered during the pre-order period and saved a few bucks, which was funny because I literally pre-ordered, then in about 3 days got a shipment notice, that was awesome! I have a feeling based on some of the other posts, I would not have liked her previous stuff, seems like she broke into something entirely new with these.

If you can give Santa or even the Pumpkin a little nudge I would definitely suggest it ;)

As far as intensity, what other workouts could you compare Peak 10 to (if that is possible)?

As far as Atletica and the drums, I thought it was going to bother me too...but it actually helped me move to the beat. I recently dropped a Kettlebell on my foot, so I haven't been able to do any cardio. I hav ebeen doing Atletica instead. Even though she uses weights throughout the workout, I found that it got my heart rate up and I was sweating throughout the entire workout. I have never really heard of Ilaria, but I really liked her in this video.

As far as intensity, what other workouts could you compare Peak 10 to (if that is possible)?

As far as Atletica and the drums, I thought it was going to bother me too...but it actually helped me move to the beat. I recently dropped a Kettlebell on my foot, so I haven't been able to do any cardio. I hav ebeen doing Atletica instead. Even though she uses weights throughout the workout, I found that it got my heart rate up and I was sweating throughout the entire workout. I have never really heard of Ilaria, but I really liked her in this video.

First, OUCH!!!! I'm so sorry that happened.

Hmmm, let's see, the strength workout out for me was harder than the cardio interval burn, I'm not great at comparing, and I have not done it in a while, but I want to say Core Cardio Circuit gave me a similar out of breathness and omg I need to take a break feeling, and I would say Peak 10 strength was harder for me than CCC, because I actually DID need to take breaks and just march sometimes or modify more. Because it's an hour long, it's hard to compare it to other HIIT workouts, but it does have a HIIT kind of feel to it. I could possibly give it a drillmax comparison too in style of workout, but you jump from move to move faster, and I don't recall having the need to take as many breaks in drillmax, I think there is one thing at the end of drillmax that I just give up on and do something else.

I have a few Ilaria's, I like her kickboxing a lot for a good but lighter workout, they are great for early morning or late night when I just don't have everything to give to a workout. I also like her Forza sword workout, but my ceiling in my new workout room is too low now :p

Yeah, my foot is bruised, but nothing is broken (I think). I should be able to do some light cardio tomorrow.

Thanks for the comparison. That actually helps a lot. I love CCC, Drill Max, and Cathe's Hiit...so this would be perfect. Although, I seriously need to stop spending money....I need help;)

Dela, I agree with your comparisons, especially the level being similar to CCC. I would say it's just a bit less intense than HIIT, but as you wrote, Peak 10 is longer so it does add up. I was sweating like crazy by the end. You're right also that Peak 10 Cardio Strength is a bit more focused on cardio than on strength.

Oops, spelled her name wrong, it should be with a "z", Dozois.

Jane, I'm happy you posted that, I was hoping I wasn't misleading in any way, thanks!

Atletica looks great, but I can't stand the drums, like not even to get through the whole clip.
I thought they would bother me as well, after looking at the clip, but it wasn't a problem when I was actually doing the workout.

But how you do stand Ilaria saying "Nice!" every two minutes?!??!?! I just can't stand it! The woman is a great instructor and has a fabulous physique but I fear I will never be able to tolerate the soundtrack on any of her workouts.....

Clare

I got both the peak tens last week along with atletica. I have yet to try peak ten cardio strength, but I am absolutely smitten by the other two.

Peak ten cardio seems like the cardio coach concept taken to a video workout to me. Similar to cardio coach she defines four progressive levels of intensity with one being recovery and four being your max effort. The music too escalates in intensity as the levels intensify (unfortunately not Todd Washburn). Unlike Cardio Coach which has varying patterns on intensity changes, she works the same pattern of ascending from level one to four, and then going back to one to recover and start over. Fun but non-complex choreography and no dread factor.

Atletica is awesome. It is unlike anything I have experienced.

Wow, everyone is loving Atletica, I REALLY wish she didn't use those drums, but I'm starting to feel myself caving.

she had a series a while back called "your body breakthru" i used to do,she had a cardio, weights, and combo dvd, was for begineers/interm, liked here alot then:p

I recently picked up both Peak 10s but have only done the Cardio one so far. GREAT workout, huge calorie burn. I can't wait to try the other...though I'm a little afraid!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.