MIC vs. IMax

laurad

Dear Cathe,
Hi. First, I wanted to thank you because on Friday, I completed MIC and felt awesome. The reason being that I have to wake up at 3 a.m. to go to work, and then I attended a conference most of the day. So when I got home, after I took a nap, I did MIC, and it was the perfect thing after a long, hard day (and week).

Second, I have a question. On MIC, you advise not to do the workout more than 2x/wk. And you say a similar thing about IMax. Does this mean that you advise not doing the two tapes in a row, given that they are both "intense" workouts?

Thanks so much, and I hope all is well with you.

Laura

Hi Laura!

While these workouts are both high intensity, you could probably get away with doing one of them one day and the other one the next day since they are stressing your muscles in different ways. However, I would not suggest making a habit of this. I, personally, would rather see you put a day off between very intense workouts so that your muscles are completely replenished. Many people don't realize the difference in their energy level when they put atleast a day between very high intensity workouts. Your mind and body are more prepared to give it 100 percent when a rest day is factored in.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.