Metatarsalgia PLEASE HELP...FREAKING OUT!

mimisonny02

Hello Everyone,
I believe I have metatarsalgia...I have the symptoms. I am doing the ice thing and laying off cardio for a while BUT I LOVE WORKING OUT AND ESPECIALLY CATHE! I could not stand not doing her workouts! I have high arches and I have been wearing the same workout shoes for over a year and half now and I got them as a gift and never really put much thought into which kind of shoes to get CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP WITH BEST SHOES FOR CATHE TYPE AEROBICS (STEP, HI/lo_ Kickbox, CrossTrain) PLEASE I NEED INFO... I'm 26 and where high heels once a week and workout 6days a week cardio and weight training. This started with my toes being not totally numb but a loss of feeling and now the ball of my foot hurts ... And on that foot I notice the ball is a lot rougher than my other foot. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP. I need alot of support and shock absorption. And, if someone could help with a good weight training shoe too that would be great.

Sorry, can't help with a shoe recommendation. I was diagnosed with metatarsalgia also. A simple shoe inset that the podiatrist fashioned did the trick. These are not the expensive orthodicts that people talk about. The insert relieves the pressure on the joint. This was about 5 years ago. I seldom ever need the insert anymore, but put it in when I feel the pain returning. There are some pads (Dr. Scholl's maybe) that are for metatarsalgia also that you can pick up at the grocery/drug store that also helped. I think you can also get them, or similar ones at a speciality atheletic shoe store. I'd suggest you try the over-the-counter inserts first and, if they work, then see a podiatrist for custom-made inserts. HTH, Deb

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.