Metabolic, PHA, Bootcamp, or Circuit Most Cardio-ish?

gypsymom

Cathlete
Hi, Does anyone have specific suggestions for Live or DVD workouts that are more cardio-like among the metabolic, PHA, bootcamp or circuit workouts? I just don’t need (even though I love) more strength training in my life. I am looking for specific workouts that crank up the heart rate . . . and keep it there. I always shy away from the above workout types but would like to incorporate a few into my rotation as long as they lean more towards cardio. Thanks! Jeanne

Drill Max comes to mind at the top of my list. I haven't done it in forever since I lost the old VHS tape to it, but I think her Boot Camp workout from the Intensity series might be worthwhile, too. XTrain Super Cuts is good - I feel like my heart rate stays elevated 70-80% of the workout.

I don't know if all of these meet your criteria, but looking at my notes, these are some of the ones I jotted down "good cardio":

LIVE: 004, 005, 011, 021, 031 (might be more like HiiT), 034 (mix of cardio and MWT), 040, 046, 064, 066, 088, 119, 122, 147, 242, 244, 265

DVD (many have great premixes): DrillMax, CrossFire, To The Max, Cardio Party, PHA3, Afterburn, Cardio & Weights, SuperCuts, [probably many others, but I didn't make notes. You could look at their titles, as many are titled BC or MWT]

Good Luck!

I usually go for lower impact less cardio intensive workouts so here are a few that have the dread-factor for me. ;) Out of the 3 DVD PHA workouts I find PHA 3 elevates my heart rate the most. I have never done DrillMax, CrossFire, To The Max, Body Max 1 or Body Max 2 in their entirety. I have used workout blender to do segments of some of these but as a full workout they are too much for me. I find the 2 Hiit Circuit workouts from the Ripped with Hiit series and XTrain Cardio Leg Blast hard too.

For the Live workouts I suggest you check out www.fitnessmystyle.com/cathe-live as there is a good breakdown of many of the Live workouts.

I don't know if all of these meet your criteria, but looking at my notes, these are some of the ones I jotted down "good cardio":

LIVE: 004, 005, 011, 021, 031 (might be more like HiiT), 034 (mix of cardio and MWT), 040, 046, 064, 066, 088, 119, 122, 147, 242, 244, 265

DVD (many have great premixes): DrillMax, CrossFire, To The Max, Cardio Party, PHA3, Afterburn, Cardio & Weights, SuperCuts, [probably many others, but I didn't make notes. You could look at their titles, as many are titled BC or MWT]

Good Luck!
Excellent! Thanks!

I usually go for lower impact less cardio intensive workouts so here are a few that have the dread-factor for me. ;) Out of the 3 DVD PHA workouts I find PHA 3 elevates my heart rate the most. I have never done DrillMax, CrossFire, To The Max, Body Max 1 or Body Max 2 in their entirety. I have used workout blender to do segments of some of these but as a full workout they are too much for me. I find the 2 Hiit Circuit workouts from the Ripped with Hiit series and XTrain Cardio Leg Blast hard too.

For the Live workouts I suggest you check out www.fitnessmystyle.com/cathe-live as there is a good breakdown of many of the Live workouts.
Thank you!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.