menu

saralh

Cathlete
[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Dec-18-01 AT 05:45PM (Est)[/font][p]I just watned to get some input from you guys on my diet. Here's what I ate yesterday. I am working to maintain my weight, and I could stand to gain a few pounds...

BKFST: One health valley oatmeal cup with 2 T chopped walnuts, 1 orange, 1 c nonfat soy milk

SNACK: 1 banana, 1 c dannon nonfat yogurt with 2 T wheat germ

LUNCH: 1 vegan boca burger in a whole wheat pita with 1/4 avocado, spinach, and tomato slices... a salad with mixed greens and broccoli, cauliflower, bell pepper and nonfat dressing

SNACK: 1 apple, 1/4 c unsalted soy nuts

DINNER: 1 baked sweet potato topped with salsa and garlic, 5-6 oz broiled perch, 6-7 artichoke hearts with herbs, and a pear for dessert.

Thanks for your input! And I'd appreciate any meal ideas/suggestions... anyone have a new way to make sweet potatoes? I eat em nearly 5 nights/week and am getting bored with the same old flavor... THANKS!

Hello, I don't have any ideas on your diet. But as for the sweet potatoes - I will bake them in some friut juice from canned fruit in natural juices and maybe a little brown sugar. I will also bake in chicken broth sometimes. Have you considered eating them raw?
Tracy

sweet potatoes

I cut them in half after baking them and sprinkle a little cinnamon on them and then broil them for a few minutes. You could also mix a little brown sugar with the cinnamon if you want.

RE: sweet potatoes

I love sweet potatoes with a tiny bit of butter, like 1/2 a teaspoon, some salt and TEXAS PETE!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.