Menopause and Losing Shapely Bum

tanline

I have been working out to Cathe since the 1980's. I have noticed that since menopause, my shapely rear end is now as flat as an ironing board. Has anyone had luck restoring some shape to the buttocks? Is so, what worked for you?

I felt I had a slow leak in my rear. In 2018 (58) I bought the cloth Arena Strength bands and used them. I joined their FB group for the exercises. The bands also came with a book of exercises. My leak went away, I'm 61 now. I was not consistent using them so I was happy Cathe came out with DVD's - I also bought her bands because I like the colors.

I'm more consistent now doing standing kick backs, standing side kicks, side lying abductions, glute bridges, donkey kicks and fire hydrants. These bands are well worth the $$, in my opinion.

While I increased Floor work with bands and incorporated kettlebells, some other things I think were impacting my body shift. I made, and continue to make, adjustments.

Maybe these questions will help you like they helped me...

Are your non exercise related activities including less walking, standing or are they less taxing in general.?

Are you eating enough protein and/or is your nutrition matching your activity level?

I won't say peri menopause or menopause was great but it DID result in a greater appreciation for my body and acceptance of it.

I felt I had a slow leak in my rear. In 2018 (58) I bought the cloth Arena Strength bands and used them. I joined their FB group for the exercises. The bands also came with a book of exercises. My leak went away, I'm 61 now. I was not consistent using them so I was happy Cathe came out with DVD's - I also bought her bands because I like the colors.

I'm more consistent now doing standing kick backs, standing side kicks, side lying abductions, glute bridges, donkey kicks and fire hydrants. These bands are well worth the $$, in my opinion.
"A slow leak"....that's a great way of describing it! I will check out the Arena Strength Bands. That's fantastic that your leak went away!

While I increased Floor work with bands and incorporated kettlebells, some other things I think were impacting my body shift. I made, and continue to make, adjustments.

Maybe these questions will help you like they helped me...

Are your non exercise related activities including less walking, standing or are they less taxing in general.?

Are you eating enough protein and/or is your nutrition matching your activity level?

I won't say peri menopause or menopause was great but it DID result in a greater appreciation for my body and acceptance of it.
I love to hike the Colorado trails so I keep active. I try to keep my nutrition in check and that is very true about accepting out bodies as we age. I'm going to try more band work and tweak my diet. Thanks for your input!

I'm more consistent now doing standing kick backs, standing side kicks, side lying abductions, glute bridges, donkey kicks and fire hydrants. These bands are well worth the $$, in my opinio

Just ordered Cathe's Boss Bands, Boss Loops and Resistance Tubing; all 20% off! I have subscribed to On Demand for the past 2 years and love it. So I'm all set! I'll check back in 3 months and see if my leak stops!

Those exercises you mentioned sound like many Cathe has done in various videos. My rear has had a slow leak as well. Do the new videos with the bands focus on those exercises? I definitely need more emphasis put on that area during within my workout routine.

Those exercises you mentioned sound like many Cathe has done in various videos. My rear has had a slow leak as well. Do the new videos with the bands focus on those exercises? I definitely need more emphasis put on that area during within my workout routine.
I just ordered the bands and have an On Demand account so I will let you know after I give the bands a try. It looks like her new videos focus on this area and lots of her previous workouts focus on the rear also. I am going to be more intentional working that area.

for me, the bands are what worked the best and doing the exercises at least 2-3 times a week. I do these after my workout - doing 1-3 sets of 10-15 reps. Arena Strength has these cards (which I got) https://arenastrength.com/product/exercise-card-decks/ and ebooks (which I also have) https://arenastrength.com/product/60-day-booty-building-program-ebook/

I love the DVD's Cathe did using the bands.

for me, the bands are what worked the best and doing the exercises at least 2-3 times a week. I do these after my workout - doing 1-3 sets of 10-15 reps. Arena Strength has these cards (which I got) https://arenastrength.com/product/exercise-card-decks/ and ebooks (which I also have) https://arenastrength.com/product/60-day-booty-building-program-ebook/

I love the DVD's Cathe did using the bands.
Thanks for the info! Amazon has the Arena booty bands along with the booty exercise deck. A booklet comes with the bands. I just ordered so I think I'll have to take a before pic!

Are the exercises in the book the same ones in the deck of cards?
The exercises in the booklet are basic. The deck of cards are more in-depth. Cards 1-39 activate the booty only. Cards 40-52 activate the booty and legs.

I haven't use the cards as much yet - but I do like the eBook. I'm glad I have both. I do modify or skip exercises that bother my knees.

The exercises in the booklet are basic. The deck of cards are more in-depth. Cards 1-39 activate the booty only. Cards 40-52 activate the booty and legs.

I haven't use the cards as much yet - but I do like the eBook. I'm glad I have both. I do modify or skip exercises that bother my knees.
I just purchased the eBook; I like that it is a 60 day program with a booty plan for each day. Thanks Weener for all your help and happy to see other women are also interested in solving the booty leak!

That hourglass shape pre-menopause was caused by hormones.
After menopause, the change in hormones means your extra fat will be in your middle.
My guess is that your waistline does not measure the same as it did pre-menopause either.
( There are so many wonderful things about being in your 60's, this is not one of them :) But, of course it IS better than the alternative ! ) :)

Menopause changes life a lot. First of all, it causes hormonal changes that influence physical condition. It also can lead to moodiness, anxiety and depression. That's why it's important to watch your health. If choosing the right exercises, they can reduce physical discomfort. And along with Premarin Cream, it can help a woman to feel normal life.

Last edited:
I consider myself very blessed. I’m 45 and have supposedly been in perimenopause since at least 2017 and the only problem I’ve had is very irregular to non existent periods. I’ve been reading the book by Dr John Lee called what your doctor may not tell you about premenopause/menopause. For the past year I’ve been using natural progesterone cream as directed in the book. I’m hoping that combined with almost 2 years without alcohol, supplements, a better diet and plenty of Cathe will help me make the change more bearable!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.