meal replacement bars

farm girl

Does anybody know of any meal replacement bars that taste good? I have try some of them but they tasted bad. I hate to oder bars over the net and them have to send them back because thay were nasty. Please help. Have A Blessed Day!!!

Hey Farmgirl!! Have you ever tried Balance Bars in Honey Peanut or Yogurt Honey Peanut?? They're my favorites of the Balance Bar collection!! I also like Ironman bars in Cookie Dough. Those are really the only ones that I think don't have a nasty taste. Hope this helps ya'!

Aimee

I agree with Aimee.
Balance and Ironman are the best of the ones I have tried. I also like the Balance Almond brownie. The Ironman cookies and cream and the creamy peanut are okay also. They aren't my favorites but they make a good change of pace.
Dawn W

The Luna bars from Clif are wonderful. My favorite flavors are nutz over chocolate and smores. Also, chocolate mint genisoy bars are absolutely wonderful! They taste like the hershey's chocolate mint cookie candy bars that they used to make. They are a good size too, over 2 ounces w/ only 220 cal, 3.5 g of fat, and 14 g of protein. And there is only a chocolate minty aftertaste.
Yummy!

RE: Hey!! I just bought some of those today!!

Hi Jennifer!! I've never tried Genisoy bars before, but my Krogers was having a sale on them and I picked up 6. 3 are peanut butter fudge and 3 are the mint chocolate!! I'll have to try one tomorrow!!

Aimee

I really like the Lemon Zest Luna Bars. All the Gatorade flavors are pretty yummy, too.

I wouldn't call any of these "meal replacement" bars---more like "snack replacement" bars. I like to eat the Gatorade bars when I get done with work and before my workout (low nausea factor).

:) Gretchen

From one farmgirl to another, I second the recommendation for Balance Bars. The Honey Yoghurt and peanut something. I am currently using one a day as a meal replacement and the Balance bars are very good. I have been hitting some great sales on them lately - .99 a bar!!!! Don't know what area you are in but I just watch the paper on shopping sale day (usually Wed?).

Have a great day
Donna

I agree that the Balance Bars are great. Has anyone tried the Balance Gold bars? They taste almost exactly like a Snickers! And they have 15 grams of protein. I'm absolutely hooked on those.

I agree they do taste like a snickers and I compared the nutrition labels the other day and the sugar and fat content in the balance bar is about half of the snicker bar. I found them at Sams for 12.99 for 12

My favorite is the Nuts over chocolate Luna bar. I get them at Drugstore.com for about 15.99 for 15. The lemon zest is also a good one too. Not too heavy tasting. Some of the Cliff bars are kind of heavy for my taste.

I just might try some of the other suggestions for those quick feel like your cheating snacks.

Lynn

Another vote here for Balance Bar gold. I buy them at BJ's wholesale club for $12 for a box of 15. Trader joe's also has them and so does target. I also like Clif bars- peanut chocolate chip- yum!! And Luna Bar pecan pie. Balance bar is my favorate. I am following weight watchers and the balance bar gold has only 4 points (I eat it for breakfast) and 15g of protein.

Zone Bars

I love the Zone bars. They are 40-30-30 just like the Zone diet. The Apple Cinnamon and Strawberry Yogurt are my favorite flavors. The Target in my area sells them, but lots of places on the internet do.

Emily

I've recently gotten hooked on Harvest Bars (by Power Bar). I love the apple crisp and the strawberry. DH is addicted to the pb/chocolate chip. I'll have to give the Balance Bars a try now with all of the great reviews.
Kellie

I've tried many varieties of Meal Replacement/snack bars and I enjoy the Balance Gold, most flavors of Luna Bars, Kashi Chocolate/Peanutbutter (have to hide those from my 13 year old), but my two most favorite are:

Lean Body for Her Mint chocolate (tastes better than a York Peppermint Patty)- 1.76 oz, 200 cal, 5g fat, 11g carb, 16g protein, 7g sugar and,

Designer Protein (Chocolate and Expresso flavors)- 2.7 oz, 260 cal, 4.5g fat, 6g carb, 30g protein, 2g sugar.

Question for Felicia...

Hi Felicia,
I was just wondering where you purchase the two bars that you said were "your favorites." I have never heard of either of them, and would be especially interested in the chocolate mint one. I absolutely LOVE York Peppermint Patties!!! :)
Thanks,
Laura

Balance Bar Gold!

Oh, you're so right -- they taste just like Snickers! Chocolate, peanuts, caramel, but 40/30/30 (7g fat, 23 g carbs, 5 g protein) and 210 calories.

Whole Foods sells them by the case and I've been buying them for a long time for myself and for my sons to eat as a pre-soccer game snack. They are THE best!

Kathy S.

RE: Question for Felicia...

Hi Laura,
I live in PA and there is a vitiman store called Great Earth Vitamins. They have both bars. So far it's the only place I've found the Lean Body for Her bars. I've seen Designer protein at Vitamin Shoppe and GNC.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.