meal plans

tropicalbunny

Hi Anyone willing to share their everyday meal plans? If possible could you include an estimate of daily cals & if your meals change on certain days such as training days. Thanks bunches!:D

hey there. My nutrition pretty much stays the same whether I workout or not. I don't do the typical 5-6 mini meals anymore as I found that it made me food obsessed and I hate trying to find secret places to eat when i'm out and about. So for me, i'm 5'3 and weight about 120. I eat about 1500 cals a day split into 3 500cal meals. I do higher and protein content since that keeps me full. Here is a link to what I ate for one day :http://www.thedailyplate.com/users/myplate/?when=2008-07-24
It only says 1300 cals for my total but i didn't add in all the veggies i eat in my salad which would add about 200 more cals. My dinner salads are enourmous and I often eat out of a salad serving dish LOL! HOpe this helps

Tropicalbunny,

Sorry! I saw your post but didn't reply because I don't know that a sample meal I put up would be considered exemplary. I know there are folks here who eat far, far cleaner than I do. However, I can say that I am getting much better balance since I've started using the nutrition software. I shoot for 1,600-2,100 calories daily. Currently, I'm training for my first marathon, so on long run days when I'm burning over 1,000 calories, my intake is greater than the average day.

Here is what I have planned for today (2,000 calories)

Breakfast:
3/4 cup Nature's Path raisin bran
3/4 cup skim milk
banana

Snack:
1/4 cup almonds
string cheese

Lunch:
Tomato, mozzarella, & spinach salad
Lasagna Florentine

Snack:
fat-free yogurt with wheat germ
rice cakes

Dinner:
4 oz. salmon
1/2 cup broccoli
baked potato

Snack:
2 peaches, 1/2 cup pineapple, 1/2 cup blueberries with wheat germ & Cool Whip Light

Wow thanks guys. This will help me alot planning my meals.

Cathy your eating is quite clean to me, plus sounds delicious! And burning 1000 a day is quite amazing. :eek: but so is training for a marathon for that matter.

Kariev I am like you I can't do 5-6 meals either. 3 meals is fine for me. I am also 5'3'' and I would love to be 120 but would settle for 130 :rolleyes: But I tried the link you gave and couldn't view any foods but I will try again later to see if it is the website or something

Thanks again guys

meals

My meals stay pretty much the same all the time as far as trying to get enough protein and vitamins and minerals. I eat about 1600 to 1800 cal. per day, and I am careful to follow serving sizes. I eat a lot of tofu, beans, vegetables and fruit. As you probably could guess, I am not a meat eater and I don't eat fish either. I have done a lot of research into finding good combinations of foods so that I get ample nutrition, such as I eat hemp oil in order to get omega 3, which most people think they can only get that from eating fish. My doctor didn't even know that one, go figure. Anyway, I invested in taking a nurition class at a local college about 15 years ago, and to this day, still look in the same book as well as a few others I have purchased just to be updated. You could probably find a lot of info. on good meal plans for weight loss or nutrition on the web too, I find it interesting to find out what is in certain foods, you might too! Good Luck!

Wow thanks guys. This will help me alot planning my meals.

Cathy your eating is quite clean to me, plus sounds delicious! And burning 1000 a day is quite amazing. :eek: but so is training for a marathon for that matter.

Kariev I am like you I can't do 5-6 meals either. 3 meals is fine for me. I am also 5'3'' and I would love to be 120 but would settle for 130 :rolleyes: But I tried the link you gave and couldn't view any foods but I will try again later to see if it is the website or something

Thanks again guys

here is a typical day:
breakfast: muscle milk light mixed with .5 cup oatmeal and 1 Tbsp of natural peanut butter; coffee with stevia and .25 cup of fat free milk

lunch: 4 oz chicken breast on 2 slices of double fiber wheat bread, 1 slice of soy cheese, and 1 cup of spinach (sandwich) 30 pistachio nuts and 1 medium apple

dinner: 4 oz of chicken mixed in a ton of veggies. I eat a whole bag of lettuce and add peppers, onions, carrots, cucumbers, brocholi, and f.25 cup of fat free cheese and 2 Tbsp of 3 cheese light ranch dressing

dessert: 1 medium apple with 1 Tbsp of natural peanut butter

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.