May 08 Check in Sunday 4th

Kathy36

Cathlete
Hi ladies!!

Just getting ready to start today's workout..I am heading downstairs to tackle GS chest, triceps and some cardio for 20 minutes to replace the bike ride. Oh and coremax from yesterday that I didn't get to do..

Welcome to everyone new that has joined our monthly rotation checkin..We love having new people to chat with!!

Have a great day ladies!!

Hello Everyone!

I guess since I'm new in this check in that I should give an intro ;)

[font color=Grass Green]*shuffles feet and stands in front of the group, quietly begins to talk* [/font color]

Hi I'm Vilma, SAH married mother of three.

I stand quite tall at 5'2" [font color=Grass Green] *giggles* [/font color] and soon to be 41 years of age - my birthday is May 13th [font color=Grass Green] *blushes profusely* [/font color]

I've been working out with Cathe since late 1993 when I got Step Heat via collage videos after coming back to the states from England (DH was an active duty Air Force member until he retired this past fall - he served our country proudly for 21 years)

Yes I still have my 1st Cathe VHS tape in its original shrink wrap lol (I would carefully cut out only the bottom portion of the shrink wrap to protect the VHS cover)

I got more committed to working out with Cathe consistently 4-6 days/ week back in early 2003, when I also decided to drop the excess weight I was still carrying around despite the fact my youngest was already going to be 5 yrs old at the time.

With the combination of Cathe's workouts following her monthly rotations and using Weight Watchers online program I lost 50 pounds in 14 months and became a lifetime member at the WW meetings in late 2004.

I pretty much have maintained my weight loss through the years always striving to stay at least 5# under my goal weight except this past month I've gone over my goal weight [font color=Grass Green] *grrrsss* [/font color] and am back to looking at my journaling to figure out whats going on lol.

I know I need to tighten up my eating a bit and soon this excess weight will melt off [font color=Grass Green] * it better or or .... * [/font color]

Last year I found that I truly love running on my treadmill since I discovered both Cardio Coach and Itreads :7

So I tend to sub some of Cathe's cardio for them.

Ermmm..... wow sorry I'm not so 'talkative' when I post lol but if you have any other questions just give me a holler ;)

Hi Kathy!! and all who follow today too!
Sounds like a good workout today.. I love GS. Can't wait to start tomorrow! ... I will have to replace the 20 minute bike ride too. Not sure what i'll do. Maybe Turbo Jam 20 minute workout.

Nice to see more added to the group!

Vilma.. hope your daughter's prom went ok! How bittersweet for you I bet!

Becca.... Nice to hear about you. What a busy life you must have esp. with the 4 year old and 3 year old twins! Oh mY!! Good for you for finding time for yourself to take care of yourself and work out. It's so much harder when they're little.

Welcome "eternal health" to the rotation check in. I'm starting it Monday too!

I'm 44, (for just 3 more days!), and have 3 boys myself. they're 12, 8 and 6. My oldest has Type 1 (Juvenile) Diabetes... so that makes things a little rougher. I'm also an RN, I work Part Time, weekend nights (7p-7a). I started out 6 years ago, after being done with having babies, and having gained quite a bit of weight after each pregnancy. I started Weight watchers and then got into Kathy Smith step workouts. I've always loved step,and that's what brought me to Cathe. Anyhoooo... I lost 95 lbs, and have maintained 85-90 of them for 5 years. I also enjoy running a lot. I don't do it for racing or even measure my distance, I just run for a determined amount of time all over the local park. Kind of cross country-style.

So yesterday (Saturday) was my son's 1st Communion. It was cloudy , but the rain held off (THANKFULLY!!). The ceremony and service were beautiful and enjoyable, my son did great, I was so proud of him. We didn't have too many people show up to the party afterwards. they all kind of canceled at the last minute. We still had fun with those who came, but there's now a TON of food left over! I did well with eating, except when it came to the cake and ice cream. I have issues with cake and ice cream! CAN NOT say no ! LOL!

Today, I did a good sweaty workout to try to make up for it. I did STep Blast and then the Core Premix from Boot Camp!

Today is a lazy day, I'm off to a late shower, and then will relax until it's time to go to work tonight..

enjoy your day, and workouts, ladies!

~Chris

>
>Vilma.. hope your daughter's prom went ok! How bittersweet for
>you I bet!
>
HI Chris!

Yes thanks for mentioning it ! My oldest dd's senior prom went very well last night. I posted a more lengthy post about it over in the daily check in thread, but she had a grand time and we went to bed past 3:30am lol

I will post a photo or two of her later on as today the family is going out to see Iron Man (Sundays are family days so I don't workout usually on Sundays)

Btw I have two daughters ages 17 and 9 and my son is 15.

I once was a LPN (was 4 credits (1 class) away from taking my RN state boards but got orders to England then kids came so ummm yea :/ - I should have just stayed stateside & finished but thats life [font color=Grass Green]*shrugs* [/font color]) and haven't worked since 1996 when we realized child care was taking 3/4 of my paycheck and the other 1/4 was for gas. Actually don't miss it all too much but I'm sure the field is so different from when I was in it.

Vilma: I love your posts already...I was laughing with the visual inserts. Congrats on keeping that weight off. I lost about 35 pounds after my son was born. (well about a year after) and have kept it off. I still would like to get rid of about 10 more. But, we will see how it goes...Hope you enjoyed the movie. Looks good!!

Chris: Glad your son's Communion went well. I was bad yesterday too. I ate some of Lauren's birthday cake. I had to everyone else was eating it and I felt bad since I made it. It sure was good. I did pass on ice cream and it was my favorite soft serve!! Enjoy your resting this afternoon. Or should I say I hope you enjoyed that rest!!

OH and I failed to include that I just turned 38 on the 27th of April...

Hi,

I'm starting the May rotation tomorrow -- it looks like a good one! I'm not all that good at following rotations, even though I write down the workouts on my calendar, somewhere in about the third week I get anxious to do something different, so.... we'll see if I can stick with this one! My calendar is filled with the second two weeks of each month crossed out and rewritten a few times!! I'm going to have to substitute on the weights for the second two weeks because I don't have what it is cathe calls for (pure strength I think). I may try to use Amy Bento's Slo-Mo mixes.

Background info... I'm 46, have two boys (age 9 and 6), and I'm going on my first cathe road trip in July. Anyone going? I'm really getting nervous that everyone else is going to know each other already and I'm going to feel like an outsider. As for workout history... I feel sort of like I've been working out my whole life. I started swimming competitively when I was 6 or 7. In high school I did double workouts -- an hour or two in the morning, and two hours in the evening. You'd think I'd have better upper body strength from that foundation, but no! :) (ironically, even though I was swimming a lot of laps, I wasn't hugely competitive or all that good). I did the firm for years, and now I am so happy with my cathe workouts (every night I look forward to what I'll do the next morning), cardio coach, and the occasional amy bento thrown in. This morning was a rest day for me (I did yoga) and tomorrow I'll do GS BSB.

-Beth

Good evening all,

Just wanted to check-in and say I am looking forward to starting tomorrow. Plan to do my cardio in the am and the GS in the evening.

Have a good one-Carolyn

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.