May 08 Check in Monday 5th

ShyWolf

Cathlete
Waited to see if the check in was posted.

Hope you all don't mind if I started it today.

Starting Day 1 of this month's rotation.

Got in my run this am did itread 2 40 but need to push back my time to 430am instead of 5am since my time ran short as I had to get my kids up for school.

I don't like rushing my stretching time; will be back later to start on GS BSB.

Will check back in later :)

Morning all,

I started this rotation today also.

I brought it with 50 minutes of kickboxing (Kick Punch and Crunch), kickboxing only, and 20 minutes of stretching (StretchMax).

I will do GS BSB this evening. I don't get up early enough to get everything done and I really like doing my stretching after my cardio. Limbs are nice and toasty:).

Scary thing is legs are a little tired from the kickboxing, I hate to think what GS Legs will be like, lol.

Meals are packed, water has been started and I am determined to knock off these last 20 lbs!

Will be back later--Carolyn

Just finished up GS BSB; my shoulders feel nice & toasty. }(

I have not done this GS BSB in ages so I started with Cathe's benchmark and modified where I needed. ;)

All in all I had a great weight work and cardio. Now I have tons of non workout related stuff to do :p

First though I need to eat something - probably protein shake with frozen berries then off to shower.

[font color= Blue] Carolyn:[/font color] Wishing you a good workout and that your legs are ready for tomorrows GS Legs, I'm debating if I should do my early am run or not :eek:

Good morning all! I did BSB and the 4DS boot camp cardio only premix this morning. My arms are sore and even shaky from the shoulder and bicep work. I cannot lift anywhere near Cathe can on the shoulders!! She's amazing, as is her crew.

Have a great day!

-Beth

Checking in with the start of the May rotation. I did 4DS back and biceps premix and a 30 min run yesterday. I like to start the week on Sunday if I can, that way I can take a rest day if my schedule gets too crazy mid-week. Some weeks I end up finishing on Sunday. }( Today I will do 4DS Lower Body Premix.

Vilma, I am like you, I am debating about a run along with the LB WO. I think if time allows I will go for it. Do you always get up early to WO? I am better if I WO in the afternoon when my at home kiddos take a nap. I have more energy, but I am at the their mercy as far as time. If they wake up before I am done, I have all sorts of help!

Carolyn, I think your legs may be feeling it tonight after GS legs! I hope things go well for you!

Beth, great WO!

I will BBL after my WO! Have a Marvelous Monday!

Great job getting started this month, ladies!!

Checking in today with Kick, punch & crunch...My chest & triceps are so sore from yesterday!!

Vilma: Thanks for starting the thread. Whoever gets on first to checkin is free to start our daily thread..

Carolyn: My legs were so sore after I did legs. Especially since I had done a 2 mile run the day before. Good luck with your workout..

Beth: I agree. I can most of the time match Cathe. But, I don't think I will be comparing when STS comes out. It scares me!!

Becca: Hope you had a great workout. I like to start my workout right away too. Things always come up. This week Saturday will be rest due to my son's First Holy Communion and family coming..

Hi to everyone else still to come...

Have a great day! I am off to teach homeschool PE now..Talk to you later..

Oh it's so nice to see everyone pop in :)

[font color=indigo]Becca: [/font color] You know what? I think I will do my run tomorrow, thanks for that lil nudge [font color=Grass green]*grins brightly*[/font]

Yes; I do get up early to get in my runs esp. if I have a planned workout that runs more than 1 hour.

Actually I just restarted getting up before the sun does just this past month as my long workout days were cutting into cuddle time with the hubby before he goes off to work.

[font color=Grass green]*mumbles to herself* "He can be such a pouty ol' bear, if he doesn't get his time with me"[/font color].

So I tend to be on my TM running with Coach Sean or Grace of itread. I do have CC #6 w/ Candace so she runs with me too on occasion :p

Believe it or not I AM NOT a morning person lol

I remember when the kidlets were very young (infant, 5 & 7) and I would workout as soon as the baby was done with nursing usually around 430am.

She would go back to sleep so I had enough time to get my workout done, shower & enjoy quiet time w/ a cup of coffee before I had to start the morning rush to school with my older two and get my lil one packed up to go for the drive.

I actually enjoy that early morning quiet time by myself although getting out of bed is the hard part but I make a choice to roll out of bed as I ask myself why, then once I'm started on my run I feel soooo good and accomplished. Getting up that early is half the battle for me. Go figure :+

[font color=indigo]Beth: [/font]I know what you mean about matching Cathe on shoulders. No way can I lift 15# dumbbells for shoulder overhead presses but I did mange 10# then the last 4 reps went down to 8#.

I have to be esp. careful on how heavy I go with shoulders as I have already had some shoulder discomfort that would last for days if I go too heavy on shoulders :/

I use her benchmarks then adjust accordingly ;)

[font color=indigo]Kathy: [/font]Thanks, since I'm new to this check in - I didn't want to step on any toes but kept looking to see if it was already started, so jumped the gun and started today's thread.

Thanks for letting me know it was okay.
[font color=Grass green]*wipes her brow and breathes a sigh of relief*[/font]

Happy Cinco de Mayo everyone!

I actually celebrated on Saturday.. I drank a Cuervo Light w/Lime! :9

But I'm all back to business as of yesterday...

Today I started the May Rotation with scheduled "GS: BSB" followed immediately by "4-DS Bootcamp"!! Oh MY! I'm pooped!! I can NOT do those fast feet down the step for more than 2 times though.. I'm so afraid I'll fall!! Anyone else have a hard time with that drill?

I generally do my workout in the morning, after my boys get off to school. Sometimes, though, if I have something to do in the morning, I'll switch it up to when i get back, late AM or afternoon. I do find that I get all energized if I do it in the afternoon, though.

I have been doing GS for the last few weeks, so I'm not expecting to feel it as much as if I hadn't done it in a while. I did struggle with a few of the exercises, the concentration biceps, on the "hold half way" reps. OWWIE!

I'm debating on switching up Wednesday's run with tomorrow's GS:LEGS, because of the weather forecast. I think I may!

~Chris

Chris, yes, those fast feet on the step are really scary for me. The first time I tried them I got tripped up and was so afraid I was going to hurt myself. I finally decided to do them with no risers, just the step, and that's the way I did them this morning and there was no tripping! I probably don't get my heart going quite as fast, but I'd rather that than risk injury!

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who "has room to grow" in shoulder strength! :)

I'm a morning workout person -- I just know that if I don't do it then, it's not going to happen. I have reserved the right to do the cardio portions of May's Mondays (as written by Cathe) in the afternoons, but I did manage to get up a little early this morning to get it all in. I'm glad it's done! :) Vilma, I'm totally in awe of you being able to nurse the baby, work out, and then get the older ones off to school! It must be easier now, right? I sure hope so!

-Beth

> Vilma, I'm totally in awe of you being able to nurse the
>baby, work out, and then get the older ones off to school!
>It must be easier now, right? I sure hope so!

[font color=Grass Green] Beth:[/font] Looking back on those days it was tough some mornings but it just had to be done lol. My saying has always been "Nobody can do it for me" if I want to be fit and get in shape.

The kidlets are older now ;) (17,15 & 9) although getting them off to school is still a hassle lol, but they know that my workout time is sacred to me and know through the years to not disturb me over petty arguments. They know that unless it's a dire emergency such as a lost limb or profuse bleeding they need to leave me be or they get Momma cranky pants. :+

It does get easier and they can't ever remember me 'not' working out although I do it before I get them up or while in school. This morning they did hear me grunting on the TM as I was running up a 9% incline hill lol.

My oldest dd is getting the Wii Fit and has been known to take some of my weights, stability ball and some of Cathe's basic dvds to workout in her room; she mainly uses her DDR for cardio.

My son just finished this years track team at school and was running the 800 & 400 meter races with times at 2:12 and my youngest has been known to join me with SJP during times they are off from school :7

So I guess growing up watching me workout and sweat has helped them look at fitness as not a bad thing?

> So I guess growing up watching me workout and sweat has helped them look at fitness as not a bad thing?

Definitely! You're setting a great example!

-Beth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.