Maryland-- are we represented here?

MCunningham

Cathlete
Anyone else from Maryland on the forums?

I live in Rising Sun, MD (Cecil County) right now, and I work in Odenton, MD and used to live in Columbia.

Anyone else love the humidity we're having? ;)

MC

I live in Cumberland, Maryland in the mountains...very far from you. I used to live in Olney, MD...not too far from where you used to live. And yes, it's been very hot and humid here too.:)

I'm from the VERY NE corner of MD, in Elkton, but it's close to you!! I consider myself a half and half resident of MD and DE, lol, b/c I spend so much time in DE b/c it's so close. I have not been home over the past week, though, b/c I've been outside of Phoenix this whole week and won't be home until tonight. It was 103 here yesterday with some decent humidity due to monsoon season here (no rain yesterday but we've had a couple of impressive storms this week). Maybe that'll help you to feel better ;-)

Carol

I currently live in Germany but I went to Severna Park HS and my sister went to Old Mill. We've lived in Severna Park, Glen Burnie, Odenton, and Millersville. I attended and worked at Anne Arundel Community College. My parents now live in Denton which is in MD, but really close to Delaware.

Carolyn

I live in NJ now but I lived in Baltimore the majority of my life. I was in the city for a while, but I mainly lived in Perry Hall and White Marsh(Eastern Baltimore County).:)

I'm in Olney, MD.! And I for one am NOT enjoying the humidity!:) I am however, enjoying the air conditioning.

Deanie

I live in Forest Hill MD. I have lived in Harford county my whole life( Jarrettsville, Bel AIr & Forest HIll.) This heat is crazy. Going to the pool today. I have a good friend that lives in Rising Sun.

Steph

We live in Wilmington Delaware, but we spend nearly all our free time on our boat in Rock Hall, Maryland. We just love the Eastern Shore and the down to earth people who live there. Of course, we also frequently visit Annapolis, Baltimore, and Solomon's Island too.

Carol, you're quite close to us! We got married in Elkton at the little chapel there. Our reception was at Shaefer's Canal House.

Ditto on the hot/humid weather! Pair that with almost my almost constant hot flashes I'm just one big sweat bucket, even indoors.

I am a native Marylander - I've lived in Severna Park for the past 10 yrs and have a vacation property in Cambridge on the eastern shore, but was born & grew up in Silver Spring area; also lived in Annapolis & Arnold. Also, I worked in Columbia for several yrs.

Humidity has been awful, you'd think i'd be used to it after all these years! - we have gotten NO rain in weeks! The field where my son has football practice(poor guys!) is literally like a dust bowl.

This is fun to see what other "Catheites" could be right in your own backyard!

rose2boys

Keep smiling & sweating!

I've lived all over Montgomery County, but now I'm settled in the Upper County (but south of Damascus).

BTW, please be careful about getting too specific about where you are - you never know who's lurking out in Cyberville.

Hi there,

I was born & raised in Edgewood, MD. My father's family is from Baltimore and most still reside there. My mother and brother now live in Abingdon. I graduated from Edgewood High School in 1995 and UMCP in 2000. I moved to Austin, TX after undergrad, but I still consider MD to be H-O-M-E!!!

Hope you're summer is going well!

Your friend in fitness,
FitGirl-ATX

My Blog: http://fitgirlatx.blogspot.com/index.html
Picture Trail URL: http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=fitgirl-atx

"I am only competing with the me I have yet to be..."

Hi!

I live in Millersville (right outside Severna Park). I work in Reisterstown. The humidity is a KILLER! Other than that "minor" complaint, I love Maryland! I'm originally from Michigan and moved here 17 years ago.

Have a wonderful day -

Hi everyone!

I live in Severn & work in Severn right behind FGGM. I grew up in Glen Burnie & have lived in Baltimore, Silver Spring, Bethesda, Severna Park, Annapolis, Catonsville & Ellicott City (my fave).

I went to Glen Burnie High School. I love living here because we have pretty much everything within a reasonable distance. My favourite place is Ocean City!

The weather has been brutal but today I got home from work to discover that my dear sweet husband had gone out & bought an air conditioner for my workout room & it was installed, turned on, & waiting for me! I've been working out with Cathe in this heat for years without one but the older I get the harder it got. Yikes!!!

I had no idea we had so many Marylanders (is that a word??) here. What a delightful surprise.

Ruth
:) :) :)

Hi, Ruth!

Would you believe I've only been to Ellicott City once?! I love it and hope to go back someday. It's not like I have a million miles to go from Millersville - there is just soooooo much to do in the State. Where in Severn do you work? My husand and I are always over at FGGM. Congrats on the A/C.....I don't know how you did it for all of those years without one!

I used to live in the Providences.

Hi Heather!

I would have never left Ellicott City if I had the choice, but my landlady sold the house we had lived in for 5 years. Sigh!

I work at the Severn Square Veterinary Hospital & you used to live right around the corner from us! It really is a small world.

(My 2nd favourite place to live was Annapolis...I'd move back there in a heartbeat.)

I don't know how I did it all those years either! There were days when I would actually get nauseous from the heat/humidity. I honestly believe nobody but Cathe (& Cedie!) could have kept me motivated to keep going sometimes.

Ruth
:)

Ruth,

I like Annapolis, too. Haven't been there in awhile, though. My sister came for a visit and we went down to O'Riordin's (spelling?) for dinner. I've been hitting a lot of the restaurants in Pasadena, lately. Olive and Sesame is GREAT! It's an upscale Chinese/Japanese restaurant - sushi and the like. They have a portion of their menu called the Revolution Menu. No MSG, no salt, no additives....everything is steamed and comes out in these little bamboo containers. You can even substitute brown rice for the white.

Favorite place for crabs? I used to like the Crabnet down in Dundalk, but the place has closed.

It "is" a small world!

My gosh, I feel like you live right around the corner! My best friend grew up in Pasadena...I will definitely be trying Olive & Sesame!

We usually end up somewhere in Annapolis for seafood of any kind, although there is a fantastic place right in Glen Burnie...unfortunately I can never remember names. Also, I usually eat crabs at my sister's house (Westminster) because my brother-in-law crabs & they're free!

Ruth
:)

Freaky......my sister-in-law lives in Woodbine (outside Westminster), and my other sister-in-law lives in Sykesville (not the hospital...LOL!)

Olive & Sesame is right across from the new Big Vanilla off Rt 100. Kind of a routine for me. I'll hit Downs Park for a walk/run (more of a walk than a run) and then if I get hungry go to O&S. Arundel Seafood is great for seafood, too. No frills......you get the seafood and the picnic bench to eat it on - love it!!!! :) My husband introduced me to that place - saw it on a commercial and wanted to try it.

Yum.....free crabs. Can't pass that up - very lucky!

I know exactly where the Big Vanilla is...a friend who used to post on Cathe works out there. I'll be telling DH about this restaurant right away!:9

Ok...my sister who lives in Westminster used to live in Sykesville. And my mother lives in Reisterstown, where I believe you said you work?

Ruth
:7

p.s. I lived in Michigan briefly as a teenager. Really!

You have GOT to be kidding!!!! I work at Camp Fretterd which is right off of Rt 30 going towards Hanover off of 795. I grew up in Grand Rapids, Rockford, and Kentwood, Michigan (parents divorced) and graduated from East Kentwood High School.

Let me know what you think about O&S. The Revolution Menu is the last page of the menu. Their Corn-Chicken soup is AWESOME!!! It's partially Egg Drop with the corn and chicken in it. Soup or salad? Take the soup!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.