March Rotation: Strong like bull :-)

Cathe Friedrich

Administrator
Hi Everyone! This month focuses on developing strong lean muscle mass to produce great strength and definition, rev up our metabolism to burn fat and more total calories, and improve bone density...all great stuff! But remember to eat healthy and super clean if you want to see more definition and get better overall results :7

WEEK ONE:

Mon....Slow & Heavy Chest and Back

Tues...Original IMAX plus Coremax Segment 2

Wed....S&H Shoulders, then continue with S&H Bi/Tri (skipping the warm up)

Thurs...KPC

Fri.....45 minute steady state run

Sat.....S&H Legs and Coremax segment one

Sun.....OFF or stretch for 30 min

WEEK TWO:

Mon....Pure Strength Chest/Should/Tri

Tues...30 min. Interval run

Wed....PS Back/Bi/Abs

Thurs..Low Max

Fri....OFF or stretch for 30 min

Sat....PS Legs and Abs

Sun....40 minute steady state run and Coremax Seg 3

WEEK THREE:

Mon....Gym Style Chest and Tricep plus 10 min Ab Hits

Tues...GS LEGS

Wed....60 minutes of your favorite cardio

Thurs...GS Back/Shoulder/Bicep

Fri ....60 minutes of a second favorite cardio plus 10 min Ab Hits

Sat.....30 min. Interval run plus Coremax segment one

Sun....OFF or stretch for 30 minutes

WEEK FOUR:

Mon.....IMAX 2

Tues....Pyramid Upper Body

Wed.....Any 60 min step workout

Thurs...Pyramid Lower Body plus Abs only from KPC

Fri.....OFF or stretch for 30 min

Sat.....Pyramid Upper Body

Sun.....Pyramid Lower Body and a 25 min steady state run

Enjoy!

Thank you Cathe,

I have all these dvds, so I have NO EXCUSE this month. I told myself that If I follow your rotations and ate cleanly, I could lose all of my weight. I truly have no excuses.

Thanks again for your rotations, every month I look forward to them. My prayers for you are for a speedy recovery.

Love ya,

Coakieanos

Thank you Cathe! I love your rotations and follow them faithfully. I realized a week or so ago that I had never said "Thank You"!

Take Care!

Steph

Ok, I'm new and trying to learn the language. However what is a "steady state run" and "Interval run" ???? Sorry ;-)

"Ok, I'm new and trying to learn the language. However what is a "steady state run" and "Interval run?"

Roxie,
1) A steady state run starts out with a warmup of a few minutes - walking and/or running at a slow pace. Then increase your speed to a comfortable but challenging pace that you can hold for the duration of the rest of the workout time.

2) An interval run starts out with a warmup of a few minutes - walking and or/running at a slow pace. Then you can vary the intervals with either fast walking/running or slow running/fast running or even fast walking at an incline/running. An example would be:

a) run at 5.5 mph for two minutes - increase speed and run 6.5 mph for one or two minutes and alternate 10 times.

b) walk at 3.8 mph for two minutes - increase speed and run 6.0 mph for one or two minutes and alternate 10 times.

c) walk at 3.5 mph and an incline of 6 for two minutes - decrease incline to 1 or 0 and run for two minutes at 6.0 mph.

The speeds I used are just examples. You go according to YOUR own fitness level and ability. You can do (a, b, & c) on a treadmill and (a & b) outside. Hope that helps out a little. There are MANY variations on intervals, just find one that you like and challenge yourself. :)

Kathy G

Hey Cathe!

Just wanted to say "Thank You" for this and all your rotations. I ALWAYS use them, but never tell you how much I LOVE having them. We are so lucky to have you as our "personal" trainer. Thanks Again!

Linda

Does anyone have any suggestions about what to use in place of the S & H workouts - I have quite a few of the workouts, but not that series....

Thanks!

RE: March Rotation: Strong like bull :) Sub for runs?

Any suggestions for a sub for the run segments in this rotation?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.