Lunch Ideas

That sounds great! Have you tried the jars of either pinto or black (not fat) from Trader Joe's? They also have a great jarred artichoke salsa that I use like you do. Only I eat my mixture with whole wheat pita bread.

I'm starving as I read this and I'm being truly indulgent---shame on me! I'm eating Kit Kat Bites like there's no tomorrow! And I didn't workout today! Oh well...I feel like ever since I started liking what the scale was reading my diet and my workouts have suffered! Time to start getting serious again before I do any serious back pedaling!

My lunch ideas are as follows:

1. I love wraps. Buy a flavored wrap and put some San Antonio refried beans (by S&W), olives, lowfat pepper jack, or sharp cheddar (or other favorite cheese), lettuce, tomato, olive, etc. into the wrap, roll it up, microwave for 1 minute, top with salsa and ff cream cheese. Or a quesadilla with avocado, tomato and salsa is also very good.
2. Do a wrap with cream cheese and vegies, or even lunch meat or tuna if you eat meat/fish.
3. Microwave a soup for lunch, serve with a yummy roll.
4. Have turkey pepperoni, crackers, and cheese (my hubbies favorite).
5. PB on graham crackers paired with a fruit and some raw vegies.
6. Salad and a crusty roll of bread.
7. Morningstar Farms makes awesome vegi "meat". I love their grillers which are good microwaved and eaten on a bun with any of your favorite fixins, or even easier, the sausage links (which are only good microwaved, not oven or pan cooked) are great on a hot dog bun (3 links per bun) with ketchup and mustard--ready in about one minute and very easy to eat.
8. Tuna in a pita with pineapple, raisins, onion, carrot, a touch of mayo, etc. I have a recipe if you're interested.
9. Black bean dip on toasted bread with cheese--even better made as a grilled cheese for dinner spraying bread with non-stick spray instead of using butter. (I have a recipe if interested--my husband thinks they taste like an Ultimate cheeseburger from Jack In the Box even though there's no meat on them!)

Stacey: You are making me hungry! I would love the recipe for the tuna and the black bean dip thing. Thanks!
Julie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.