LowMax fans: which step are you using?

red_mct

Cathlete
Ladies:

I ordered Low Max over the weekend and it should be at my house as we speak. ;-) Unfortunately *I* won't be there until tomorrow evening, grrrr.

Anyway... what kind of step do you all use for this workout for the best results? Someone said a higher step is recommended, but I don't know if that means the High Step or just additional risers with the regular step?

I think I may be looking for an excuse to buy the original club step! Help! ;)

Cheers,
Marie

I use the original club step (as does Cathe and her crew). They have their steps at an 8" height (so 2 risers on each side), but I'm not yet at their level of fitness. So I use 4" when I do the whole workout, or 6" when I do the Step-Only premix.

There's always a good reason to buy a club step! :)

Definitely the 8 inch. Oh, & I have the original step too. I got it on ebay brand new for like $35. It was a very exciting purchase for me. :p

Yes, the Original step is the one you want for the workout sooo go get one!! :7 I usually step at 6" height but I do 8" for this workout. Great workout. You will love it!
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie")http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Marie-
You'll love Low Max! I started out using the Firm box (or whatever it's called with the incline part). My husband got me the original club step for my birthday!! What fun.
The club step is much bigger than the Firm Box (I'm not sure if you have that or not)- maybe by about 30%.
It's easier to do the moves on the club step, and harder too because there's more space you have to cover in the moves.
I started on 6 inches. I tried 8 inches once and had to stop after the 4th cycle to lower it down. I was drenched and still had 3 more segments!
Have fun!!

I love my Original Step, I got it on trade with a girlfriend. She got a baby seat for a bike and I got the step. I got waaaaay more miles out of that trade. At 5'8" I like an 8" step and sometimes use a 10" (but that's a secret, please don't tell...:p )

Take Care
Laurie:)

I Love Low Max! I'm 5'2" and I use 8 inch club step. Its is fine for me. I use the 8 height for all Cathe step workouts.
Lorrie

Super Barbie??? Ha!
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie")http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

I'm 5'2" also and I use the 8" height on the original club step. I use the 8" height for all Cathe's workouts except the IMAX's. There is just too much jumping on and over the board and I would end up on my face.

Katie

I still use just the top, or 4 inches. My knees just can't take anything higher than that.:( I still burn a little over 600 calories though, so I can't complain.

Pinky

Hi Marie,

I have a Reebok step. It's not as long as the original club step, so I have to make some modifications. It doesn't use risers, but does adjust to 4 different levels. It was half the amount of a club step, that's why I purchased that one. I do wish that I would have gotten the original club step. I'd go for it.

Have fun with LM. Yes, to really get that burning in your thighs go with the 8 in height.}( I love that work out.

Dallas

I'm so cheap. I propped up my existing 6" home step with 2 by 4's for extra height. It works just fine probably because my step rests on my living room carpet. It doesn't move very easy once I set it up.

The extra step height on Lomax helps me burn an average of 100 calories more per workout. Now I've started using the higher step on her older step workouts too.

Your post inspired me to do the whole thing at 8 inches. Yikes! It is harder than at 6 inches, no surprise. But I did the whole thing!

I've had the Fanny Lifter and I've had the Reebok step -- but I sold them both on eBay and bought the Original Club Step (and the High Step). Worth every single penny.

I do Low Max with an 8" step (like Cathe & crew). It's so fun. :)

Hi Marie,

I use the original health club step like Cathe and crew. It's a very worth while purchase, so I definitely recommend it. I use it at 6 and 8 inches, depending on how challenged I feel at the start of Low Max. It's also great for putting into incline position for some of Cathe's weight training videos.

:)

Hi Marie,
I use the original health club step as well. I am 5'10" and use 2 risers with mine but use only one riser for my other Cathe step workouts.
Cathy:)

I use the FirmBox right now. I have The Step but the studio one with only one riser. The FirmBox is bigger, so easier to use. I plan on getting a high step for my birthday next month. I have thought about getting the original club step also but I'm thinking I could just try using my studio size since I'll have some extra risers now from the High Step.

Does anybody know if the risers from the High Step will fit the studio size Step?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.