Lower body blast made me wonder....

Vee

Cathlete
......what is the difference between lower body strength training interspersed with cardio vs doing endurance style lower body strength without cardio? By "difference" I mean when (what goals or situations) is it better to do one rather than the other?

A difference of perspective maybe: seeing your lower body as something that needs to be taken in hand and disciplined versus seeing your lower body as source of possible strength to power you though your cardio activities and any sports you play.

When to use each one? Can't think it makes much difference really. Whenever you feel like it. But typically, I don't like to involve cardio in strength building. I find that high intensity lower body training typically has its own cardio factor.

Clare

A difference of perspective maybe: seeing your lower body as something that needs to be taken in hand and disciplined versus seeing your lower body as source of possible strength to power you though your cardio activities and any sports you play.

When to use each one? Can't think it makes much difference really. Whenever you feel like it. But typically, I don't like to involve cardio in strength building. I find that high intensity lower body training typically has its own cardio factor.

Clare

When I did intense strength training splits, I never felt the need for cardio on the same day as lower body as my heart felt well exercised too. But I remember a trainer who was pretty successful with women who would ask clients to finish an intense leg workout with twenty minutes on the spin bike. I trained with him once and My legs were shaking as I walked out of the gym.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.