lower abs

wrwatch

Cathlete
Hi Cathy,

It's been a few weeks since I have visited you web site. I am so glad to see that you are releasing some new tapes. I feel like I get a better work out with your tapes than with any other series I use.

I was wondering if you could give me some suggestions on a persistant problem. I have a poochy lower abdomen. I can see my muscles on my upper abs, but no matter how hard I work I cannot seem to get rid of what I call my baby pooch. (Mind you, I haven't been pregnant in 10 years.) I have a small upper body. I can always see my ribs even when I am at my heaviest. Most of the weight I carry is between my belly button and my knees. I work out for an hour at least 5 days a week. I am a teacher and a single mom and this is the maximum time commitment I can make to working out. I can feel my muscles under my pooch, but I have this deposit of fat that I just can't seem to get rid of.

Thanks for your suggestions. Paula

Same Problem

I have same problem as you, I hope Cathy does respond, because I am wits end too. I started thinking I would just have to get used to this pooch forever, but I don't want it. Just like you my lower body fat does not want to go!!!
Maybe Cathe can help us out, but I think she will say it's diet!
happy.gif

Hi Paula

Thought I'd give you my experience with this. I've had the same problem and thought it was just fat I couldn't get rid of. But when I had a CAT scan, they told me I had absolutely no fat in my abdomen and that bloating and fluid retention can cause this. And, yes, if that's what it is and not a medical problem, it can probably be helped by changing your diet. But the good news is, alot of vegetables can cause bloating, so you can avoid some of those.
I'm sure Cathe will give you more info, just wanted to give you one possibility.
And I've never been pregnant, so it's not necessarily from that
happy.gif

Laura

Same Problem....

<center><font size="1" color="#ff0000">LAST EDITED ON Mar-18-00 AT 09:59AM (EST)</font></center>

Thanks Laura for the info. I have extra fat on my lower abs, I know thats part of the pooch. But I also have bloating. I hate that feeling! I do think some is caused by fruits and veggies, but what do we do about getting enough vitamins and fiber from them. We're supposed to eat at least 5 servings a day. Any suggestions?

Susan

Hi Susan

I wish I knew! It is frustrating, isn't it? I've tried Gas X in the past and that seemed to help, but it's only temporary and you can't take that all the time. I have noticed when I do more lower body ab work, specifically where you raise your pelvis with your feet in the air, like at the end of BodyMax, that seems to help with my pooch. Hopefully, Cathe will answer this because her stomach always looks completely flat, so she must have some secret.
happy.gif

Laura

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.