Low Impact Series Afterburn & Total Body Trisets

cam64

Cathlete
I feel like I missed out on the Low Impact Series back in the day. I have been acquiring a smattering of dvds from her older series. I am looking for a couple more total body workouts. I am thinking Afterburn and Trisets are two that would fit the bill. Any comments or suggestions? I like all my weight work in one vid. I don't like parts.

I have a lot of her videos. Strong & Sweaty series Fit Split, ICE, Lite and some Xtrain, etc. Any recs are appreciated. I can't lift too heavy or do too much jumping for a few more months until I am fully fused (neck fusion). But I am great at modifying. I have most of her low impact cardio.

I do a lot of YT and have my faves, but sometimes technology gives me grief and I hate futzing with it when I get home from work. So did I pick 2 goodies?

Afterburn is good and has some shortened premixes if that matters to you?

I do remember the pace is on the quicker side so you can't really go heavy and there were overhead presses.

What moves are you restricted from and I can check my notes to see how often they come up?

I have always heard great things about Trisets but haven't tried myself.

Have you tried the new Boss bands series?

I'm not really restricted as much as having to be careful. I am good at substituting/ modifying moves. I should mention I have High Reps, which I love, Some RWH dvds, some Hardcore dvds. My faves for weight work are, High Reps, Total Giant Sets, Super Cuts. I love her PHA's, High Step, ICE Metabolic TB, etc. I had Intensity series but got so tired of it and no longer have it. I wore that series out.

I have her band workouts and like them, but I do those sporadically, as an addition to my weight program. Bodyweight & Bands I did often before and after surgery. That one really was my savior for awhile. I like quick pace stuff to. One of the things I like about Cathe's workouts is that she keeps you moving, not a lot of down time.

So I'm a little confused... I don't consider Afterburn to be a Total Body workout... more a hybrid HIIT & Metabolic - but even so, the weights used seem to be more for the cardio factor than for muscle work. Tri-Sets can be a Total Body workout, but it'll be a long workout. I use it as an Upper & Lower Body split - the LB has a cardio factor.

If you're looking for a Metabolic workout, consider RWH'S Upper Body Circuit, Flextrain, or LIS AthleticTraining, Fit Tower Total Body or Fit Tower BootCamp (no tower is really needed). LITE & ICE also have two metablolics in each. For traditional weight training Total Body, consider Muscle Endurance, Muscle Max or STS Total Body.

So I just checked the premixes on Tri-Sets- there are 2 express Total Body premixes that are a bit less than 50 minutes, while the full TB workout is about 86 minutes.

Thanks for the input. I ended up going with Perfect Pump and Flex Train. It sure took me a while to figure it out, but I think these were good selections.

Oh, and I took advantage of a Ryka sale and purchased some crosstrainers. Hope I like them.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.