Low Carbers and Friends - 2017

Thank you for starting the new thread Lita!! And Happy New Year to you too!

I've started the new year off sick so I can't do any rotations with the new series. :( Fortunately, it's temporary and I'll get to them soon. :)

Good morning everyone! Finally got around to "seeing" what y'all are up too. Good news on the dad front, he will be release from rehab on the 13th. He was actually going to get out the 6th but extended his stay because of some doctor appointments and it was rather dumb to move him all the way to Redding and then go back to Nevada for his appointments. He will be moving in with my sister in Redding for now. He can't live by himself, but I'm not sure how long that situation will last.

Now on the other side, my mother just lost all a big part of her income, so she once again can't pay her mortgage. She is the type of person that you can tell her a dozen ways to help herself, but there is always an excuse why it can't be done or a general denial of things like the job market. If she would just find herself a receptionist job and get a roommate, she would be okay. (She is 74, but when you don't have money.....need to get part time work). Either that or something from home. Okay, enough of that...

Been very good on the workouts for me. Am in the last week of the BFFM 49 day Holiday contest. Been working out 6-7 days a week (on my rest day I was doing yoga, so not taking a full rest day until these last two weeks). A couple of the days I did a double....weights and then a cardio. Have had pretty good results; could have been better on the nutrition and making sure that I was getting the right macros in, but the time just flew and didn't have too much time to plan all that out. But I was alcohol free for almost 40 days (then I allowed myself a little wine, not much and had a glass of champagne at our New Year's Eve Party)

I'm not sure when I'll get some of Cathe's new workouts in yet, I want to finish out the BB Hammer and Chisel (I'm in the middle of week 6 and I think it goes 8 weeks). I'm participating in the BB Health Bet challenge which officially starts on the 9th of Jan. So I'm keeping busy on the health and workout front.

Hope you are all doing well!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

All right, where did everyone go? Too busy I hope and busy having fun, not working too much.

Hi Rhea! I am here! Awesome news about your dad! I imagine there is probably a place he can move to in Redding after he is feeling better. Oh! And I hope you didn't get too clobbered by all of the storms that his CA!! I'm sorry about your mom but since this isn't the first time she's gone through this, I'm sure she will figure out what to do.

Fantastic job on the workouts and eating plan Rhea!!! I can tell you that I haven't gone a week without some wine in the last 6 months! Stupid job gets me so dang stressed. That and I have a tough time in winter here. And to be perfectly honest, I don't live the life I had hoped for. That last thing never causes me to get a glass of vino but there is clearly too much work and not enough fun going on. :p But enough whining from me!

I'm doing a mix of the new series with the Low Impact series. I'll probably switch the other series to Ripped w/ Hiit after this week. I really like the new series so far! The cardio kicked my booty more than I wanted it to but cardio usually does. :)

Melinda, I saw on FB that your dad passed away. Many healing hugs to you!!!

How are you doing Lita? Are you still working out with the new series? Did you follow Cathe's rotation she posted? I also hope you're not buried under too much snow and I will try to keep the cold air from heading your way. Less than 2 months till spring! Can't wait!!

Have a healthy rest of your week fit babes!

Okay, where the heck have we all been? I thought I was just the one slacking off from posting here. I sure hope everyone is doing well.

Hmm, let's see what has happened since January? Lots and lots
First, dad is in the middle of chemo for the cancer. He is doing okay with it. Mom has new boyfriend that wants to take care of her.

I hired a new attorney, so I now have two misdemeanor attorneys and one felony attorney. But we are just as busy as before. We just finished moving into a new building. You thought moving your house was hard, an office is just plain not fun. But I do have the best view in the county from my office. Might make me stay here a little longer!

Oh, and I totally killed the BFFM contest; at least for the over 50 category. I won. It was rather fun. But i think I put all my fluff back on since I've been very bad with the wine.

Also, I'm off to Italy in June. I can't wait. We have planned this for over a year and have been slowing paying for it so it won't be so hard on my budget (I'll still have to work longer to get it paid off though.)

Anyhoo, thats the fast and condensed version of my life. Hope to hear from ya'll soon.

Hi Rhea! I hope you have a wonderful time in Italy!!! And congratulations on winning the BFFM challenge!! Did you get some good stuff?

Sounds like things are going great for you, other than your father's illness, I am sorry about that. But I am happy for you about everything else!

I'm doing fine, we finally got rid of our horrible division chief and although I am wary, I am also hopeful for the future.

I believe our little forum here may have reached an end due to lack of interest! :eek:

Rhea - Enjoy that trip and congrats on winning the challenge :cool:! Praying the chemo works :).

Tracy - Hope is a marvelous thing :D!

Have either of you done the wall squats in DM recently :confused:? Wow :eek:!!!!!! I must confess, I can't make it through the last part of the set w/o coming up a bit and giving my poor quads a break ....

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.