Low Carbers and Friends - 1st qtr 2016

Hi fit babes! How are you doing? I ended up ordering Cathe's IDEA workout on dvd 'cause you know I like total body workouts the most! I think when I checked the link before, the dvd was sold out because the digital download was the only way it was available. It was NOT cheap though--think the Firm back in the day!

So we're supposed to get clobbered with a pretty severe storm tomorrow. And the idiots running the Insane Inflatable 5k are not cancelling the event! They are aware of the storm prediction and just say that they hold the event regardless of the weather. How dumb. My friends and I are not going and I imagine many others aren't either. Even if we aren't stormy, we've had so much rain the last 2 days that we'll be soaking wet going through the course. No thanks! I will say that November is usually our rainiest month. Came sooner this year. :(

I read on FB today that Cathe has finished filming the new series and post-production is next! She is also going to provide video of modifications through the workouts too. It will be something you can select if you want it.

Have a great weekend fit babes!

OK, so it looks like no one has posted for a month! Since I last posted, I've had some bad stuff going on. My dad went into the hospital Sept 30 and they ended up putting him on hospice. He went home in bad shape, we thought it was the end. But with all the TLC from the family and hospice care, he's still here and looking a lot better. He still is bed bound, but insists on exercising as much as he can every day, so here's hoping for the best. Also, about 10 days after that, my sister who is 42 had a massive stroke. It was the bleeding kind. She was in ICU for almost 2 weeks. It took about that long for the bleeding to stop. They had to put a drain in her head to keep the pressure from buidling up. She is paralyzed on her left side, but slowly getting twitches back and small movements, so also hoping for the best. She is aiming to go home on Wed before Tgiving. She will have someone in her inlaw's family to become an aid and help her, but she can come home and I'm really happy about that. Things were super stressful, but now it's not as bad. There's still a lot to juggle.

I can't believe it's 2 weeks until Tgiving. We are having pizza and pumpkin pie, no grandiose dinner. No one will be able to participate and it's just too much work. I just want time off from work and I'll be good.

Lita, I never noticed all the counting Cathe does until you mentioned it. NOW I always notice it.

Melinda - Wow, what a rocky ride for everyone :( but I am very, very thankful there are such positive signs of hope for your sister and obviously improvement in your dad :)! Sorry - believe me, I wish *I* had never noticed it either :rolleyes: I promise not to point out the other irritants I've noticed, okay :p?

Hey Tracy and Rhea! Hope you are both well!

Hi fit babes!! Melinda, I am sorry your family has been through so much all at once! I am glad to read that there are good signs that both your dad and sister are getting better. Health care does amazing things now for people who have had strokes, I've seen it personally.

Thank you Lita, I notice the counting now too! I'd rather just go through the workout and not notice anything but my heavy breathing and worked muscles, hee hee!

I'm doing well, Thanksgiving will be low key for us this year too. I'm definitely fine with that. Hope you all have a good, peaceful and joyous Thanksgiving too!!

Sorry, Tracy - but maybe if enough people notice it, there will be enough user pressure to get her to do something besides count or make silly noises over and over :p :eek: ;)...

Happy Thanksgiving everyone :)!

Well hello everyone! I'm so sorry to hear about your dad and sister Melinda. I sure hope everything continues going well. I've been dealing with my own dad being struck with one of his cancer tumors on his back taking away his mobility. He has been in the hospital and then the rehab since the end of September? Unfortunately the radiation didn't kill off the tumor, just made it smaller. It is from his prostrate cancer that metastasized in his bones. He will have to chemo. The hard part is that he lived by himself in Carson City and both my sister and I are about three-four hours away. So it has been rough. He is going to move to my sisters (since she is in a city that has assisted living etc). So as soon as he is more mobile, he will be going over there. He did walk with the walker about 100 feet last Sunday, so he is getting there, slowly but surely.

We aren't doing anything for this holiday either. I might not even be able to get over to Nevada since another snow storm happens to be in the forecast for Wed-Frid.

Have a great time off everyone!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rhea, sorry to hear about your dad. I have noticed it is so difficult to be far away from family when things go wrong. My parents are a few blocks from me, so that is wonderful during this time. My sister lives 30 min away in the country, you wouldn't think that was a big deal, but it is when it comes time to having to help with things around her house. In fact, her daughter had to be moved to a new school closer to everyone because the logistics were to difficult to help out with school start and end times and where everyone else lives.

So updates, my sister got pneumonia and partial collapsed lung last week, so got moved back into the hospital part and away from rehab. She just went back to rehab yesterday, but needless to say is still there instead of home. I feel it's her own stupid fault, her "friend" had been visiting and they had gone out several days vaping. My sister was a smoker before all this and although there wasn't any nicotine, the vaping over several hours plus being in cool air for that same time outside, I believe is the reason for the pneumonia.

I sure hope she is learning from all this, if she doesn't make changes, she is not going to live to be very old. My brother looked up one of her meds she is on and side effect is increased chance for stroke. It's some psych drug. My sister is the type to want to take a pill to fix her problems, she's been doing it a long time. A few years ago she got a bleeding ulcer from one of the meds and had to get 2 units of blood.

Well, enough of that. Happy Thanksgiving. I'm thankful for everything, my family, husband who is so supportive, my job, my health.

Hi fit babes! I'm glad all of you are OK!! I'm sorry about your dad Rhea, I didn't know he was going through all of that. Mentally, I feel a big relief that my dad moved last summer to be closer to us kids. I hope that happens soon for your dad Rhea.

Melinda, I think vapes still have nicotine but you can get it different flavors. I'm sorry that your sister hasn't made healthy choices for herself. When I first learned of her stroke, I was surprised at how young she is! My sister is morbidly obese but I'm grateful she's never smoked (I did for years.)

Speaking of healthy choices, I like Cathe's Dec. rotation--it's manageable and not asking too much of me, hee hee! I did Muscle Max today though and my legs were shaking something fierce after the squats and lunges! I am hoping to walk OK tomorrow! :p I did a stair climb last Thurs. and then bounced on trampolines Friday (that was a cardio workout I wasn't expecting!) so the weight work hadn't been done in at least a week.

The new series is going through the post-filming phase but Cathe hasn't announced when shipping will start. Regardless, it'll be a nice Christmas gift, whenever it arrives.

Happy holidays to you all!

Hi fit babes! After my last post, I checked my notes and I hadn't done a hard leg workout in a month! Shame on me. That's why I need to do rotations! :p

Anyhoo, I got an email today that a package has been sent to me from Cathe.com! Merry Christmas to me! :) And Merry Christmas to you all too!! :D

Hi everyone. Quick update, my dad is still with us, declining, but still here. My sister is home. She started smoking again and some fall out with the "friend" she had helping.

So I got my new Cathe workout pack Strong and Sweaty on Christmas Eve. I did the cardio workout (second one) and added the ab section. Lita, not sure if you've looked at this yet series yet, but there were good modifications for the jumping. I think you might like that. I think I will try the upper body workout this evening. The length of the workouts is nice, from memory, I think it's 40-45 min each. I liked the ab routine, but think it's the only one on there. I want to try them out in a timely manor, in other words, not wait 6 months before trying them out. Tracy, did you try any of these yet?

Hope you all had a Merry Christmas. Rhea, I hope all is ok with your dad.

Hi Melinda! I'm glad you dad is still with you and that you are able to see and talk to him. I'm sorry about your sister's choices. I supervise someone who is diabetic, had a heart attack last year and continues to smoke. I'm not the type to get on her about her choices, I feel we are all adults. She even told me she knows the consequences. I'm sure your sister knows too.

Rhea, how is your dad? I've heard that radiation shrinks tumors but haven't heard that they make them disappear. I hope you dad is doing better!

Lita, have you tried any of the new series yet?

I haven't gotten the new series yet, ack! It may be at the post office waiting for me though, I'll get there this week for sure. :D

Happy New Year to you all!!! Maybe we should start a new yearly thread as of the 1st....:cool:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.