Low Carbers and Friends - 1st qtr 2016

Hi fit babes! Definitely still cool here, summer has not arrived and it rained on me and BB tonight on our walk! I know there will be some real whining from the natives here if temps don't go up soon. But not from me! We're still doing a lot of outside yard work so I want it to stay cool. :D

This week I am doing the Blizzard Blasts and Muscle Meltdowns from the ICE series. There are 5 total, and they are all called Timesaver premix #3 on the dvds that have them. They all include a warm up and cool down and I don't think any of them are longer than 42 minutes or so. Did the first one today and they are definitely advanced. :eek:

Tracie Long came out with some new workouts too which of course I bought. :rolleyes: Hope to try those out next week maybe. Gotta preview them first though!

Have a cool and healthy week babes! :)

Oh, you knew this would happen--I shouldn't even have to say it! I just preordered the fit tower workouts! :rolleyes::p

Cathe also went to the IDEA convention this past weekend with lots of other fitness experts and they filmed her boot camp workout she created just for the event. That will be available sometime in the near future. I don't think I''ll ever stop being a vidiot! :D

LOL you both are so funny! I didn't order the tower workouts, but am thinking about the new ones that are coming out in Fall. Of course, I haven't had time to do the ICE ones yet! I think I'll break into those this weekend.

How has everyone been? I've been MIA from here, but just busy for the summer darn it. I think things will start slowing down soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not interested in the tower ones but already ordered the new ones :). I know I'll have to modify, especially the high impact moves, but what's new :p :rolleyes:.....

Hi fit babes! Haven't won the lottery yet, nor have I previewed Tracie's workouts I got but I did pre-order Cathe's new series! :D

Me thinks we are pretty consistent with our pre-ordering and modifying!

Rhea, have you tried the ICE series yet? I really like it. I think my favorites are Boot Camp and Metabolic Total Body but my favorite workouts tend to be total body ones.

Summer has kept me away from the computer too. Some of it fun (visiting state parks with BB), a lot of it another yard project. We built a privacy fence on one side of our house, planted trees, and barked it. I thought that was going to be it and then DH would finally, FINALLY start on our deck. But alas, no! He's continuing to work in the yard by the area we did all this work (where we had trees taken out). I thought we were going to leave it alone but apparently not. Grrr. :mad: Although it has now been 12 years since DH and I have been on a vacation by ourselves longer than 3 days, (but who's counting? :p) I'm not as cranky about as I have been in the past. That doesn't mean I don't want a vacation, I think I've just resigned myself to the fact that DH won't plan one until he's done with his projects! :confused:

Warm temps finally arrived last week around Thurs. I think. I did that tough stadium bowl stair climb on Aug. 7th and halfway through, it started raining. Made for a cool climb though!

Have an awesome week babes!

Tracy - Hope you have an awesome anniversary :)!!!! Hopefully DH won't ruin the day by making you slave over yard work all day long ;).....

I finally did some of the ICE workouts. I did the Boot Camp one and the Metabolic total Body one (just did this morning). Loved both of those workouts! I think I probably will order the new ones. I may have to check out Tracie's new ones. Hmm. I don't do hers that often, but the problem is...too many videos now. I should challenge myself one time and just do a workout a day from a different video (not including any of the premises) and see how many days I can go (or years [emoji33]).

Hope all is well with everyone!

Hi fit babes! DH didn't make me slave all day in the yard on our anniversary but only because it got too dang hot! :p We enjoyed another state park on Sunday with BB and went out to dinner at a nice restaurant, without BB. :D

I'm glad you like those ICE workouts Rhea! I don't do Tracie's workouts that often either but it's nice to change things up now and then because I always go back to Cathe. But I'm pretty sure you have more workouts than Lita and I so I can see your dilemma!

Interesting idea to go through and do each workout I have. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't repeat a workout for maybe a year. :cool: A friend of mine made a new year's resolution to wear everything in her closet. If she didn't, off to Goodwill it went.

I believe I've got some things to think about! o_O

Have a great rest of your week babes!

Hi babes! Quiet here, was it something I said? :oops::)

I realized that I can't do all of my workouts one at a time because I don't have a long step at work. :( I may try to add a Sat. workout in the winter and get to them. That would be a good New Year's resolution, huh? The last 2 winters had me doing Sat. workouts with Beach Body. Hated it but I did it! :D This time may not be so bad though because I miss a lot of my step workouts. Oh, who am I kidding? I'm sure I'll hate it. :p

Saw my Dr. recently and my bone density test came back with bad news. Since hitting the big M, I'm losing bone again. :(:mad: Back onto Alendronate I go. I was told that if I jumped from as high as 4 feet onto the ground, I'd break a bone. Very upsetting! I can still do jumping jacks and high impact stuff so I'm good with that. I'd hate to stop running with BB!

So my friend who got me into stair climbing has our little group doing an obstacle course with giant inflatables! It's called the Insane Inflatable 5k and I hope I survive the damn, er, I mean darn, thing! It apparently travels to different states. I'm excited because there will be no mud involved (I have no desire to do ones involving mud) and this will use all my muscles. So I'm scared too! :cool: It's Oct. 15 and it could be cancelled due to weather. Hope it's not!

How are you doing? I've been doing X-train and older workouts this week.

Have a great weekend!

Nope, nothing you said Tracy. I think we just are all too darn busy to chat. Melinda must be very busy since she hasn't checked in like, forever....add the valley girl voice too! LOL

I've been alternating between Country Heat, Cize and the new TLTs. I really like the new TLTS. I love that they are only 30 minutes. Now, really, saying I've been alternating is not really true since I've only done them once and just really haven't been working out much lately. Just can't seem to get up in the am.

Hi everyone. I guess I took quite a long while off. I tried to read up as much as I could about what you all are doing. Not sure if I told you all, but I got a new job position the beginning of the year (with the same place), so have been learning that. Can't believe it's Sept. We had a hot summer, not fun. Still having hot days. I see it took some time for you all to get to the ICE series, same here. But I really like it! And I also felt it was higher level than intermediate, probably weight selection was the only thing intermediate. I love the length of the workouts and am to the point that 1 hour is just too much any more, mostly mentally for me.

So I also am officially through the big M. Last end of April I got sick, pretty sick, I thought I had the flu, but didn't. Anyways, after that, I started sweating, not a little, but A LOT. Finally went to the doctor to see if it was thyroid related and it was not, nor an infection. They said probably from M. So I have been suffering from that. The doc suggested some antidepressant that had a side effect of lesser M symptoms. Uh, I don't think so! Mentally and emotionally, I've never felt better. I have tried some supplements but haven't noticed a difference. Someone just told me about something else that worked for her mom, so I'm going to try that next.

One thing I have noticed is I was putting on weight around the middle. I've always had a bit of weight there, but this was coming on pretty easy even with pretty good eating, relatively lower carbs or just good carbs (little grains) and my exercise. I stumbled across intermittent fasting and it really works. Take a look at it on youtube, there's a couple different versions. One is eating in an 8 hour window, the other is the 5:2 fasting diet. I did the second one and lost 6 pounds in about 6 weeks. To maintain, I will probably flip between the two. Also, they recommend doing cardio in the a.m. while fasting which is suppose to tap into fat stores. They also recommend the interval cardio, so I have been doing that mostly and for shorter periods of time. I have been feeling good and my HR has lowered.

I plan on ordering the new series but didn't get the tower one. I still haven't explored the ICE series in it's entirety. And I go to the gym at least 2 times a week to do heavy weight work.

I'm hoping to get back on here more often. Sorry I've been gone so long. Happy Bday to all who had them awhile ago!

Hey Melinda! So good to "see" you. I thought that I had remembered right about a new position and that you were busy because of it. Doesn't that big "m". Suck with the weight around the tummy? I thought I was completely done, had made it eight months and then bam a slight period and then the one year time started all over again!! Ahhhh.. So now I have to wait until next July for the year. But the hot flashes aren't so bad any more, just like you said, it really is just a sweat fest. I'll have to look at those youtube stuff.

Also, I'm liking shorter workouts myself. Only every once in a while do I get a wild hair to do more then 45 minutes. Usually it is in the afternoon when I'm just having too much fun doing one of my dance type workouts.

Hope everyone else is hunky dorey!! [emoji255][emoji316]☃️

Hate to tell you ladies but they used to say it can take up to 10 years to totally get past all the effects of the big M. True or not I don't know - just saying not to get in too big of a hurry to get past it ;). It's a huge change for the body - you can't expect it to come and go overnight :).

Lita, yea, I know it's going to take awhile. I hear it can be the rest of your life, but I don't really hear the 70 + year olds I work with complain about it, so I'm feeling like in my 70's all be free of it, lol! Shoot, perimenopause lasted about 12 years for me. What a journey!

OK, I ordered the new series, didn't get the cycle one, though. Has everyone else ordered it?

Well, you wouldn't want to rush right through it, right :p :D?

I'm pretty sure Tracy and Rhea couldn't pass up any new workouts ;).

Even tho I'm not interested in the high impact stuff, new weight work is always good (as long as Cathe doesn't drive me crazy counting w/o end, lol) so I ordered this newest one, too (but not the one w/ the fitness tower).

Hi fit babes! Great to see you again Melinda! I ordered the new series, and got the dvds for the fitness tower because I already have one. o_O You are right Lita, I can't pass up on new workouts from Cathe!

Cathe also had a boot camp class at the IDEA convention filmed and I wanted to get that too but it is a digital download only, at a lifetime availability cost of $34. No thanks! (Shocking I didn't go for it, huh?!?) :p Rhea, Cathe posted the link to it on her Facebook page a few days ago. :D:cool:

I've been enjoying the perks of the big M for a few years now. :D I am extremely grateful that the emotional ups and downs are gone. I put up with hot flashes 8-10 times a day for a year before I went to the doctor. (And what prompted me to go was having one in front of my male division chief where my skin reddened from my chest up--embarrassing!) Anyhoo, I am on a low dose of estrogen and progesterone. I'm limited to 5 years on it because I should be through the hot flash part of it by then. I thought that was a bunch of bull because my mom had hers come back after she stopped and I still got them now and again with these meds. Well lo and behold, I am not getting them now and I haven't turned on my desk fan in weeks! (I'm still on the meds.) Whoda thunk? I believe getting your sweat on is the best thing you can do to get through all this stuff. :)

Here's to a great weekend for you babes and no counting in the new series!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.