LOVING MY VITAMIX!

ms71069

Cathlete
I recently ordered it when QVC was offering it as its Today's Special Value and I am in love with it! Anyone who is teetering about it, go for it...it's fantastic!!!

I love my Vitamix as well!

I bought mine last year, so I didn't get the QVC price (that is an EXCELLENT deal on these), but I still think it was worth every penny!

(If you're looking for some smoothie and soup ideas, check out my blog).

I've been thinking about getting a "Magic Bullet" -- is Vitamix better?

It's like comparing apples and oranges. The size, price and versatility of the two are quite different.

The Magic Bullet blends up to 12 (or 16?) oz (I know it sometimes comes with a larger carafe, but it's crap, IMO. Just as the 'juice' attachment you can get with it is).

The Vitamix is a 2 HP blender that will blend about anything. It has a larger capacity and much more power. It's also 6-10x the cost of a Magic Bullet.

Which one to get really depends on your needs/wants. If you just want to make a small single-serving smoothie (I drink a quart at a time, so the 12-16? oz the Magic Bullet holdsis small for me), the Magic Bullet is fine (it does have problems with frozen strawberries, so you'll either have to do a lot of stopping and shaking or prethaw the berries somewhat. The Vitamix has no problems with large, whole frozen strawberries.) In my experience, it will last anywhere from 1-2 years, depending on use.

If you want to make smooth smoothies, soups, nut milks, blend cashews into a creamy base for sauces/soups/dressings , etc. the Vitamix or Blendtec are the way to go.

Could you provide a link? The only thing I'm seeing for the QVC daily deal are TV's.

Thanks!

It was the TSV about two weeks ago. I think it's on waitlist only now, and isn't offered on the 4 (or 5 easy pays.) I've been eyeing the Vitamix for a long while now and when I saw the Easy Pay, I was sold.

It is FANTASTIC!!! I've only used it so far for smoothies...my entire family (including DH) is addicted to it.

I love my Vitamix as well!

I bought mine last year, so I didn't get the QVC price (that is an EXCELLENT deal on these), but I still think it was worth every penny!

(If you're looking for some smoothie and soup ideas, check out my blog).

Kathryn -
I will definitely check out your blog. I'm so excited right now to see my kids EXCITED about eating fruit, but I know there's much more that this little baby can do!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.