Love Trader Joes....

I love that store too! They have great gluten free products and a GF list online you can print out and just carry around with you.

I'm gonna cryyyyy!! We don't have any TJ's in Colorado!! Whenever those of us in the know about TJ's mention it, we have a moment of silence! When my family and I go to the RT in San Diego, I'm going to stock up and ship boxes of my favorite stuff!! Oh, three-buck Chuck, hello old friend!

Excuse me while I dry my eyes! :(
Snifffle

Pam

I had my first experience with both Trader Joe's and Whole Foods yesterday. I could have spent HOURS combing the aisles.

Carrie

When I decided I wanted to leave Los Angeles but wasn't sure where to go, I knew it would have to be someplace with a Trader Joes, that was a dealbreaker. I moved to Tucson--there are 4 of them here :eek:

I am completely spoiled by TJs. Now I expect everything I buy to be of the highest quality and absolutely delicious at a price lower than I could have imagined. If TJs goes away, I have no idea how I'll ever get used to real life again. :eek:

When I decided I wanted to leave Los Angeles but wasn't sure where to go, I knew it would have to be someplace with a Trader Joes, that was a dealbreaker. I moved to Tucson--there are 4 of them here :eek:

I thought I was the only one who had that as a dealbreaker too ;). I love my TJ's!!

Im 35 years old and have never been to Trader Joes..
How crazy is that. Tell me girls what am I missing?

I just went to their website and punched in my zip code and the closest one to me is 7.2 miles from my home. Its in Westwood NJ. I will be making my first trip oneday this week not sure when probably on Saturday. I'm so excited!!!!

The TJ nearest us is 30 minutes away. We go twice a month!! There are some things worth the trip! :D

Tell me girls what am I missing?

I just went to their website and punched in my zip code and the closest one to me is 7.2 miles from my home. Its in Westwood NJ. I will be making my first trip oneday this week not sure when probably on Saturday. I'm so excited!!!!
You will see on Saturday! :p;)
There isn't a single thing from Trader Joe's that I haven't loved. Their sweet potato chips, tapenades, baking mixes, breads, cheeses, cereals, yougurts, soups, jams, nut butters, etc. are all so good, and are without the crap ingredients you find most grocer's shelves AND they are priced to make me happy!!!

Melissa

Wonderwoman, I went to TJ's for the first time in 2009, when one finally opened near me. It took me a few trips to really start appreciating it, so give it time. There isn't a single nationally advertised product in the whole store. TJs has its own suppliers and manufacturers, and the quality is top notch, and the service is always friendly. What makes it truly unique, though, are the prices.

Example: 6.5 oz. can of great-tasting, wild-caught, dolphin-safe, tongol chunk light tuna from Thailand for $1.29. Not on sale. No coupon. No club membership. Just the every day price! How they do it remains a mystery.

How they do it remains a mystery.

Apparently they are tough negotiators... I went to a trade show once and I sampled some food from a vendor. I told them they should try to get into TJ's, and the lady told me that they've tried, but TJ's asked them to lower the prices and she said they couldn't afford to do so, so TJ's couldn't carry them.

Btw, has anyone here seen the "Cooking With Trader Joe's Cookbook"? I have it and love it! All the recipes are made up of ingredients found at TJ's :).

OMG....Wonderwoman!!!!! You are in for a TREAT.....I'd jump with joy if I had one near me......the closest TJ's is a 2 hour drive to Phoenix.

I love love love TJs! Ours is a long way from our house, but near our church, so usually we go a couple of times a month after church. My kids LOVE their cheese puffs (puffed corn), pear sauce (like apple sauce, but with pears -- genius!). They have flavored apple sauce (which the kids LOVE) and unlike the grocery store, it's not got high fructose corn syrup --ick! And DH LOVES their cheap bear ($4/six-pack). They kick every other store's booty.

Their Salmon Roullettes, are to die for!!!!!!!!!!!! They are frozen salmon roullettes with spinach in the middle....and their smoked salmon....oh, my gosh I can't wait to go this week!! I'm drooling just thinking about it!

There's a Trader Joes 33 miles from me and I try to get there at least once a month. Such an awesome store! LOVE their Raw Crunchy Almond Butter...so cheap and so yummy. Love the frozen wild caught salmon, all the gluten free items...Heaven... I recently got a bag of marinated eggplant and zucchini which was sooo delicious.

Jodelle, those Salmon Roulettes sound great! I was just there last week and now I'm dying to get back there to get them!

Jennifermaria, I got that TJ's cookbook for Christmas a couple years ago and had forgotten all about it. You inspired me to get it down off the shelf and look at it again! Thanks!

I'm so jealous I could cry!;) My nearest natural foods market is 25 miles away, and the prices are, well, pricy.

Enjoy, ladies. And I'll keep hoping.

My nearest Trader Joe's is 347 miles away in Atlanta. The nearest Whole Foods is 100 miles away. Dang.

BUMMER!!! I thought I had it bad......347 miles????? oh my. I've decided when I drive down to San Diego for the RT, I'm gonna stock up then!!! yahoo

I remember several years ago....someone here in Sedona had a petition going around to sign to get a TJ's here......apparently, that didn't work! still NO TJ's.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.