LOVE Circuit Blast

singinggoddess

Cathlete
What a fun and creative workout. It kept my heartrate up the whole time and it was so much fun. I put everything into it, and yes it was intense, but it did not wipe me out to the point of exhaustion. I loved the way it moved from one move to the other quickly without doing a ton of reps. This workout can be as hard or as easy as you want it. My heartrate was in the 150's most of the time. It dipped a little in the stationary moves, but not much.

Thanks, Cathe, for making this series a winner.

Susan

same here susan, i really like it and it did not kill me like most of cathe's. i wonder if it is not one of the easier shock cardios?? i looked at the scrambled eggs premix and it looks like fun. has most of the excercises that i liked best from the workout.
i'm kinda afraid to try the HIIT's , afraid they might cripple me. :)
cathy

Hi ladies,

Just finished Circuit Blast. I started it yesterday afternoon. Thought I could get in a quick and relatively easy workout while the baby napped. I made it through two cycles and had to stop. It was tough for me! This morning, I tackled it again and finished. I can't believe a 44-minute workout winded me like that. And I did some modifications--only two risers on either side and I did most of my hopping on the ground instead of over the step top (I'm always worried about twisting an ankle). It was fun, and I will practice the core moves--the majority I just could not keep up with. What a fun challenge for me and definitely cardio based!

Have a great day,
Dawn

I agree this one is another winner! :D With some modification here and there for me!

I love this workout! The air squats are brilliant for participants who don't like impact. The trouble with teaching in real-time is that a great deal of the general population dislikes impact. (I had to laugh to myself tonight when doing the squat drop roll and jumps from Cardio Core Circuit because the people in my classes would squat drop roll and stop, never getting back up!)

Overall, another winner to keep my Athletic Conditioning participants busy for months!

Last edited:
I just did this one today. I agree it was great! So different and fun, also tough but not too tough. I had to do some modifications but it's fun and time flies!

I did this workout today and loved it. So much variety and I love box jumps!!!

I like the shorter length. I added on a 10 minute kettlebell drill afterwards.

I just did this workout today. Loved it! I haven't been doing any plyometric moves for awihile so it was tough. But I feel there is lots of room for me to grow with this one. I also loved the length. Because it's relatively short, it was easier to give myself a pep talk when I was exhausted.eg. "only 10 more minutes to go and then it's done". I really loved those jumps onto the step. And also loved the different plank work. This workout is definately a winner IMO and will be a regular in my rotation.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.