Love and Appreciation

Janis

Cathlete
Dear Cathe,

With the recent death of our friend, Sean O’Malley, I realize how important it is to express my love and appreciation to those in my life whom I hold dear. I am unable to tell Sean how much I valued him in my life, which I deeply regret. We can never hear too frequently or too much how much we are loved and appreciated.

With that in mind –

I love you Cathe, and I appreciate how much you have contributed positively to my life. You came into my life when my body was battered and bruised. I was suffering from a concussion and full body bruising – epidermis to bone – from a horseback riding accident. I felt fragile. I felt vulnerable. I felt breakable. I knew I needed to embrace weight lifting in a serious and studious fashion to build my strength and to restore my confidence. I sampled other dvds, offered from Amazon, but they were missing the mark and I did not connect with the instructors. Then someone on Tom Venuto’s forum mentioned STS. I viewed every clip offered, but I felt it was too advanced for where I was at... wilted. I ordered Muscle Max. Within the first minute of Muscle Max I knew I had found what I was looking for. You represented beauty, dignity, grace and strength. You were (are) professional, intelligent, and relateable and your cuing is the best in the industry. After a few weeks of Muscle Max, I tried a couple of weeks of Gym Styles, then graduated to STS. To this day every time I cue up STS, I just started my fifth round, the opening bars of the NFL music bring tears to my eyes. I’ve come so far, but I will never forget how weak I felt and how strong you have made me.

Thank you, Cathe, you are very much loved and very much appreciated.

Dear Cathe,

With the recent death of our friend, Sean O’Malley, I realize how important it is to express my love and appreciation to those in my life whom I hold dear. I am unable to tell Sean how much I valued him in my life, which I deeply regret. We can never hear too frequently or too much how much we are loved and appreciated.

With that in mind –

I love you Cathe, and I appreciate how much you have contributed positively to my life. You came into my life when my body was battered and bruised. I was suffering from a concussion and full body bruising – epidermis to bone – from a horseback riding accident. I felt fragile. I felt vulnerable. I felt breakable. I knew I needed to embrace weight lifting in a serious and studious fashion to build my strength and to restore my confidence. I sampled other dvds, offered from Amazon, but they were missing the mark and I did not connect with the instructors. Then someone on Tom Venuto’s forum mentioned STS. I viewed every clip offered, but I felt it was too advanced for where I was at... wilted. I ordered Muscle Max. Within the first minute of Muscle Max I knew I had found what I was looking for. You represented beauty, dignity, grace and strength. You were (are) professional, intelligent, and relateable and your cuing is the best in the industry. After a few weeks of Muscle Max, I tried a couple of weeks of Gym Styles, then graduated to STS. To this day every time I cue up STS, I just started my fifth round, the opening bars of the NFL music bring tears to my eyes. I’ve come so far, but I will never forget how weak I felt and how strong you have made me.

Thanks for sharing with us what Cathe means to you in your fitness journey and what you have gained from the experience. Bravo on your triumphs and gains you've made. I couldn't agree with you more that with our beloved friend Sean's passing we do need to take the time now to tell them what they mean to us while they are still here. I will always miss Coach Sean and remember him fondly.

I feel that everytime we pick up a dvd in Cathe's case or in Sean's listen to Cardio Coach volumes we have that one on one experience with them and feel like your apart of something. We welcome our trainers as apart of our everyday life and yeah, they mean more than just a instructor, they motivate, inspire, and sometimes even prompt us to talk back to them. Through good times and bad but nonetheless, they always give of themselves and make us desire to participate in life; and being as excellent as you can on that given day. Cathe, you always give so much to all of us fortunate cathletes and we do love and appreciate all your hard work and tough love with saying's like " You can do anything for a minute". I just wanted to say matter and touch so many lives even on a daily basis so that makes our experince as cathletes or cardio coach fans more personal. Thank you for being you Cathe and giving us that spark to keep working hard, and that results are earned not given. Thank you Cathe and God bless. Thank you to Coach Sean for being that light of encouragement, motivation, and kindness that shines still so bright in all of us in which his light shines and reflects in us. SO I think because of Cathe and Sean we are all blessed and need to go forth and shine and let others catch the shine. I know Cathe is blessfully still with us, thank goodness but its always nice to hear that you are loved and are relevant in the lives of so many.

Thank you Cathe and big hugs! ;)

Nora

Dear Cathe,

With that in mind –

This! Thank you Cathe! :)

Cathe has changed my life in every possible way. When I popped that first VHS tape in my VCR in 1997 I had no idea that my life was about to irrevocably change, but it did, and I am forever grateful. I have started off 80% of my days with Cathe since then, and Cathe.com has been my homepage since 2002. I became a fitness instructor and personal trainer because of her, and modeled myself after her. Unbeknownst to her, she has been my mentor for 15 years. As sad as I am over losing Sean, if anything were to happen to Cathe, I would need to take bereavement leave from work. I will be doing Afterburn tomorrow morning, because Cathe told me to do it in her STS/LIS rotation. And while my hip flexors are burning during those nasty glider-mountain-climbers, I will be intensely grateful that Cathe is in my world, guiding my journey, and making me a stronger person in every aspect. Yes, that is exactly what I'll be thinking......

What a wonderful insight from all of you on how much Cathe is loved.

Wish I had the words to so elegantly describe how I feel as well. All I can say are the same things. You made such a huge difference in my life.

Thank you Cathe,

Janie

I am missing Sean as well, and what a wonderful time to share appreciation for you, Cathe! You have been a part of my family and daily life since March 2005. My family and friends all know whom I'm talking about when I mention Cathe. You literally kept me sane during the three years I lived on an island in far-east Russia while my husband worked there. With nowhere to go and nothing to do, your workouts were my only activity, and you were definitely my only friend and familiar face. You have also helped me recover from surgeries and injuries as well as shed lots of baby weight. I so appreciate your hard work, commitment and willingness to share so much of yourself with us. Thank you! And since it's always nice to know you are loved, I love you and wish you all the good that God has to offer.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.