lost so much strength

kariev

Cathlete
its been a month since i lifted any type of weight. i've been doing only cardio and yoga. Prior to this i was doing turbulence training for about 1.5 months so its been quite some time since i've done a Cathe workout. Today i was feeling up to lifting some and decided to do the high step circuit workout. It KILLED me. I had to decrease the weight so much since the las time i did this. I can't believe how little strength i have. Its like i'm starting over from scratch. Its amazing how the body adapts to certain workouts and when you stop them it quickly forgets. Needless to say it was an awsome workout!

I lost a lot of upper body strength doing the Slim Series. I loved it for lower body, but when I went back to lower reps- heavier weights, I was very weak.
It does feel like you're starting over.:(

I'm in the same boat! I haven't lifted consistently for 6 months! :(
Too much cardio...and I know I'm totally starting from scratch.....my own fault....:(

The good thing about that is that muscle also has good memory so just keep up and you will be back to normal in no time!!!!!

Join the club. I haven't been doing as much strength training lately, but when I do, I can tell a major difference. I have another month on the rotation I'm doing now, and will make sure to get back to some strength training in the next round.

I was just noticing that myself this morning. I had such great gains from my STS rotation - and just havent done much since. I am really looking forward to getting the STS Cardio in my hands and starting a new rotation. I think - well I know - I have been using that as an excuse this month to not do much... 'as soon as my new cardio gets here'... yada yada.... :)

I havent worked out since before Thanksgiving and even then I was only working out hit or miss. I've been using the "I'll start a new rotation when I get my STS cardio" as a great excuse to do nothing! I've gained 10 lbs which is depressing since I"m 5'1" and it looks more like 20 lbs! I'm at my all-time highest weight with love handles and all and it's quite disgusting. However, I'm still not stressing too much. I'm enjoying my holiday indulgences and not stressing about taking workouts along when I do holiday travelling. Then my next excuse is all the bowl game parties my family has! So, I've resigned myself to getting back into it come Monday January 4th! I plan on jumping right in with STS Meso 2 and whatever cardio I can do! I thought about easing in slow, but I'll do STS and work up my strength. If I start easier I tend to use that as yet another excuse to not give it my all. I'm so mental, lol!!

i feel terrible today! my whole body hurts terribly. there was a time when i looked forward to being sore but as i'm getting older its just making me feel "old". this was one of the reasons that i have been doing power yoga as it strengthens but makes me feel limber and energetic.

I lost a lot of upper body strength doing the Slim Series. I loved it for lower body, but when I went back to lower reps- heavier weights, I was very weak.
It does feel like you're starting over.:(

ITA! I've been doing SS for just two weeks and my arms are screaming for a good old Power Hour session! Even though PH is considered more endurance, I'm afraid to try anything heavier than that! Mixing it up is definitely the key.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.