Loreal- animal testing

silbow

Cathlete
I just did a serach regarding Loreal because I have read they do animal testing on their products. Well, they still do, they ho0pe to stop by 2013. I will never buy a Loreal product again. Do your own research, I know you all here love animals.

Happy & Healthy New Year

Karen

Thanks for the heads up, Karen. I had no idea! I usually use Olay, but I was using one product by L'Oreal. :confused:

Good to know. I do not use Loreal products, but I will definitely pass this info along to others. Thanks.

Thanks for the post, in the 1980s, Revlon was sued for animal testing. They changed their ways quickly. Don't use Loreal for anything.

Hey Karen- I quit Loreal products about 20 years ago due the the fact that they test on animals. It's soooo heartbreaking to find out it is STILL going on! Seriously, people- test this crap on criminals!

animal testing

There are still a lot of companies that perform animal testing. As a vegan I try my best to not purchase any of those. You can always check out PETA's website to find out what companies DO and DO NOT perform animal testing. I really don't understand why there are so many companies out there that still test on animals.

There are still a lot of companies that perform animal testing. As a vegan I try my best to not purchase any of those. You can always check out PETA's website to find out what companies DO and DO NOT perform animal testing.

From the PETA website--

Here is a link to a pdf file listing companies that DO test on animals:
http://www.mediapeta.com/peta/PDF/companiesdotest.pdf

Here is a link to a pdf file listing companies that DO NOT test on animals:
http://www.mediapeta.com/peta/PDF/companiesdonttest.pdf

At least the list of companies that do not test on animals is longer. Also on the list of companies that do test on animals, the addresses and telephone numbers of the companies are provided. Maybe a hint?? Anyway, I have saved both pdf files to my desktop for easy reference.

I've been trying to avoid products because of animal testing and because of all the chemicals they put into our products.

I make my own soap (laundry and body), shampoo, conditioner, and rinses.

I didn't know all the company's names who still use animals for testing. I plan to not purchase them in the future. I hardly used any of them.

My heart goes out to all of those dear little souls that gave their lives because of us.

I know scientists have made ground breaking meds for us through these animals, and for their lives I'm grateful.

Janie

Last edited:
That is very interesting, since L'Oreal owns The Body Shop now. I wonder how Anita Roddick was able to reconcile that dissonance.

I was never a big fan of L'oreal cosmetics. I have not used the stuff in years, not because of the animal testing (I was not aware of that) but because I found better products (and they don't animal test, so that's a bonus!).

Olay and Proctor & Gamble also test on animals; from what I read they are worse than L'Oreal's company! Unilever has this on their site saying they are working on stopping animal testing, but who knows how true that is. Developing alternative approaches to animal testing | Unilever Global On the right they say they commit to no animal testing for tea...just makes you think what the heck...they even tested TEA on animals?? :( From when I last checked PETA's list Almay and Revlon are safe (haven't checked recently though... for a couple of years now I've actually been using alot of herbal products, even use Indian herbs to wash my hair these days)

How many people have to boycott these brands before they stop testing on animals? I have a feeling just not enough people will ever stop buying them for these companies to stop.

That is very interesting, since L'Oreal owns The Body Shop now. I wonder how Anita Roddick was able to reconcile that dissonance.

I thought they owned Bath & Body Works and Victoria's Secret? ok.. I haven't kept up with this stuff in awhile so I'm not sure who owns what now. Glad I don't buy any of it anymore.

On the right they say they commit to no animal testing for tea...just makes you think what the heck...they even tested TEA on animals?? :(
If you look online for "Pom animal testing," you can get info on the HORRIBLE animal tests that were done for pomegranate juice (no longer done, due to uproar and protests by customers).

You'd think by now these companies would be done with animal testing. Other companies can do it, why can't they? (Though since there is an entire network of companies involved in 'producing' animals, building restraint devices for animals ---Nalgene, a company that makes some reusable water bottles, also makes restraint boxes for animals--, food, etc. it's hard to dismantle that entire structure without resistance).

May all of those "scientists" and others involved on this burn in he'll! How these people live with themselves I can not understand. I will never purchase L'Oreal again.

nightowl81 said:
I thought they owned Bath & Body Works and Victoria's Secret? ok.. I haven't kept up with this stuff in awhile so I'm not sure who owns what now. Glad I don't buy any of it anymore.

Limited Brands owns B&BW and VS.

There are companies that don't test final products on animals yet procure ingredients and/or use manufacturers who do test on animals. It's more common than people realize because it is harder to trace obscure Factories.

There are companies that don't test final products on animals yet procure ingredients and/or use manufacturers who do test on animals. It's more common than people realize because it is harder to trace obscure Factories.

And because companies know that most people are against animal testing, they label their products with half-truths to deceive and sell.

"ABC company does not conduct animal testing" usually means ÄBC company pays XYZ company for animal testing results".

"This product not tested on animals" usually means "the ingredients in this product were tested on animals before the final product was mixed""

Is it a law?? That products have to be tested? Ingredients ?? Just wondering .. I work were you see Msds sheets sometimes and I hate seeing ld50s etc.

Is it a law?? That products have to be tested? Ingredients ?? Just wondering .. I work were you see Msds sheets sometimes and I hate seeing ld50s etc.
No, cosmetics and such DON'T have to be tested on animals.

I just read where fertilizer, weed killer and any household product that claims to be antibacterial or 'germ killing' DOES have to be tested on animals. :( A good reason for avoiding them, IMO.

kathryn said:
No, cosmetics and such DON'T have to be tested on animals.

I just read where fertilizer, weed killer and any household product that claims to be antibacterial or 'germ killing' DOES have to be tested on animals. :( A good reason for avoiding them, IMO.

ARG!!! I hate those antibacterial products...they don't kill any more bacteria than regular washing, but contribute to the development of antibiotic resistant strains of bacteria which could seriously harm us. Sheesh, why is it legal to sell them?? And now I find out the have to be tested on animals...double ARG!!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.