Looking for some help and suggestions

sistinasm

HI,
I'm looking for some suggestions about where to start on rebuilding muscle and strength. I have a pretty good size collection of cathe dvds, but it has been years since I did them. I think one of the last sets I bought was ICE. I just got busy with life and have lost what muscle I built up and I've signed up for an Ironman so I'm getting plenty of cardio on a daily basis, but I know I need to build the muscle back up and not sure which dvd set to start with. TIA

If you own STS, I would start there. STS is a great program for building muscle. Mesocycle 2 is my favorite, you could start there, or do the whole three month program, starting with weights that work for you.
If you don't have STS, and don't want to purchase the program, you could start with any weight workouts, from the programs that you have. Gym Style, Four Day Split, Ripped with Hiit, all have excellent weight work. Use the weight workouts from your collection.

Last edited:
If you have ICE you could also start with the muscle meltdowns. Since you are training for an Ironman they would be short add-on or layer a couple together for a longer workout.

I agree with desertambrosia, STS is the way to go, especially Mesocycle 2. Whenever I feel that I've lost muscle strength/tone/definition, I do an 8 week round of STS Meso 2 in which I repeat each week twice. Works every time with firmer, rounded, more visible muscles.

I started the STS series and I find it less intense then Cathe’s other muscle workouts. But, I started Week 1 and now I am on Week 2. It seems that the STS is doable, so far. Jen Den

I started the STS series and I find it less intense then Cathe’s other muscle workouts. But, I started Week 1 and now I am on Week 2. It seems that the STS is doable, so far. Jen Den

Since STS is Monday, Wed., Friday, what do you add for Tuesday and Thursday? I like to workout 5 days a week.

Throw some cardio into the mix on Tuesday and Thursday. I personally like hiit, and tabata. A little low impact, steady state cardio, go for a walk. Mix it up, and have fun with it! You could also take one of those days as a long stretch day. Many options.

Throw some cardio into the mix on Tuesday and Thursday. I personally like hiit, and tabata. A little low impact, steady state cardio, go for a walk. Mix it up, and have fun with it! You could also take one of those days as a long stretch day. Many options.

Thank you very much - this is very helpful!

Since STS is Monday, Wed., Friday, what do you add for Tuesday and Thursday? I like to workout 5 days a week.

This is a Paste and Copy I found what Cathe Posted!

Happy New Year Everyone! The following three month rotation is designed to get you into the best shape of your life. This rotation is safe, effective and based on scientific studies to bring you maximal results. If you prefer, you may opt to do a double cardio session on any given day, however, this is not necessary. This is something I suggest for days when you are feeling extra energetic or perhaps had a “cheat day” the day before, wink. I have also purposely included two shorter workouts (Heavy Bag Bonus Workout and Circuit Blast Cardio Only Premix) as “add on” workouts to increase the intensity certain days. Finally, I’d like to remind you that a sensible, nutritious, low fat and moderate carbohydrate diet is strongly advised to enhance and guarantee results. Happy New YOU!!!

I am doing this one! I am one Week 3, Wednesday.

Cathe recommends that after you do the Mesocycle cycle you should take a week off.

I don’t know how I feel about that, but I think is how a person feels after you do after the fourth week!

Good luck!!

STS MESOCYCLE ONE

Week One:
Mon: STS Disc #1 (Chest, Shoulders, Biceps)
Tues: Shock Cardio….Hiit 40/20
Wed: STS Disc #2 (Back and Triceps)
Thurs: Shock Cardio….MMA Boxing (No Heavy Bag Bonus)
Fri: STS Disc #3 (Legs)
Sat: Shock Cardio…Step Moves plus Ab Circuits Yoga based Abs
Sun: Enjoy a scenic walk (or a complete day of rest) and also do my closing stretch from any of my Shock Cardio or STS workouts.

Week Two:
Mon: STS Disc #4 (Chest, Shoulders, Biceps)
Tues: Shock Cardio….Hiit 30/30 plus Ab Circuits Pilates based Abs
Wed: STS Disc #5 (Back and Triceps)
Thurs: Shock Cardio….Cardio Core Circuit
Fri: STS Disc #6 (Legs)
Sat: Shock Cardio… MMA Kickbox
Sun: Enjoy a scenic walk (or a complete day of rest) and also do my closing stretch from any of my Shock Cardio or STS workouts.

Week Three:
Mon: STS Disc #7 (Chest, Shoulders, Biceps)
Tues: Shock Cardio….Hiit Double Wave Pyramid
Wed: STS Disc #8 (Back and Triceps)
Thurs: Shock Cardio….MMA Boxing
Fri: STS Disc #9 (Legs)
Sat: Shock Cardio… MMA Fusion

Week Four:
Mon: STS Disc #10 (Chest, Shoulders, Biceps)
Tues: Shock Cardio….Hiit 40/20 Plus Ab Circuits Stability Ball Abs
Wed: STS Disc #11 (Back and Triceps)
Thurs: Shock Cardio….Athletic Step Plus Ab Circuits Weights and Plates
Fri: STS Disc #12 (Legs)
Sat: Shock Cardio… Circuit Blast (Cardio Only Premix) Plus Heavy Bag Bonus Workout (Total time 42 min)

STS MESOCYCLE TWO

Week One:
Mon: Shock Cardio….Hiit 30/30 Plus Med Ball Abs
Tues: STS Disc #13 (Chest, Shoulders, Triceps)
Wed: Shock Cardio…Cardio Core Circuit (cardio only premix) Plus Ab Circuits No Equipment Abs
Thurs: STS Disc #14 (Legs Tri-Sets)
Fri: Shock Cardio…..Step Moves
Sat: STS Disc #15 (Back and Biceps)

Week Two:
Mon: Shock Cardio…Hiit Double Wave Pyramid
Tues: STS Disc #16 (Chest, Shoulders, Triceps)
Wed: Shock Cardio….Athletic Step Plus Ab Circuits Yoga Based Abs
Thurs: STS Disc #17 (Legs Tri-Sets)
Fri: Shock Cardio…MMA Boxing (Plus Heavy Bag Bonus)
Sat: STS Disc #18 (Back and Biceps)

Week Three:
Mon: Shock Cardio….Hiit 40/20
Tues: STS Disc #19 (Chest, Shoulders, Triceps)
Wed: Shock Cardio….MMA Fusion Plus Circuit Blast Cardio Only Premix
Thurs: STS Disc #20 (Legs Tri-Sets)
Fri: Shock Cardio….MMA Kickbox PLUS Heavy Bag Bonus
Sat: STS Disc #21 (Back and Biceps)

Week Four:
Mon: Shock Cardio….Hiit 30/30 plus Ab Circuits Weights and Plates
Tues: STS Disc #22 (Chest, Shoulders, Triceps)
Wed: Shock Cardio…MMA Boxing (No Heavy Bag Bonus)
Thurs: STS Disc #23 (Legs Tri-Sets)
Fri: Shock Cardio…Cardio Core Circuit
Sat: STS Disc #24 (Back and Biceps)

STS MESOCYCLE THREE

Week One
Mon: STS Disc #25 (Chest, Back)
Tues: Shock Cardio….HiiT Double Wave Pyramid
Wed: STS Disc #26 (Plyo Legs or Squat Rack Routine)
Thurs: Shock Cardio….MMA Fusion
Fri: STS Disc #27 (Shoulders, Biceps, Triceps)
Sat: Shock Cardio ..Athletic Step plus Ab Circuits No Equipment Needed

Week Two
Mon: STS Disc #28 (Chest, Back)
Tues: Shock Cardio….Hiit 30/30 Plus Heavy Bag Bonus Workout
Wed: STS Disc #29 (Plyo Legs or Squat Rack Routine)
Thurs: Shock Cardio….MMA Kickbox
Fri: STS Disc #30 (Shoulders, Biceps, Triceps)
Sat: Shock Cardio …Cardio Core Circuit

Week Three
Mon: STS Disc #31 (Chest, Back)
Tues: Shock Cardio….Hiit 40/20…Plus Ab Circuits Pilates Based Abs
Wed: STS Disc #32 (Plyo Legs or Squat Rack Routine)
Thurs: Shock Cardio….MMA Fusion Plus Heavy Bag Bonus Workout
Fri: STS Disc #33 (Shoulders, Biceps, Triceps)
Sat: Shock Cardio ….Step Moves plus Circuit Blast Cardio Only Premix

Week Four
Mon: STS Disc #34 (Chest, Back)
Tues: Shock Cardio….Athletic Step
Wed: STS Disc #35 (Plyo Legs or Squat Rack Routine)
Fri: STS Disc #36 (Shoulders, Biceps, Triceps)
Sat: Shock Cardio ….MMA Kickbox

This is a Paste and Copy I found what Cathe Posted!

Happy New Year Everyone! The following three month rotation is designed to get you into the best shape of your life. This rotation is safe, effective and based on scientific studies to bring you maximal results. If you prefer, you may opt to do a double cardio session on any given day, however, this is not necessary. This is something I suggest for days when you are feeling extra energetic or perhaps had a “cheat day” the day before, wink. I have also purposely included two shorter workouts (Heavy Bag Bonus Workout and Circuit Blast Cardio Only Premix) as “add on” workouts to increase the intensity certain days. Finally, I’d like to remind you that a sensible, nutritious, low fat and moderate carbohydrate diet is strongly advised to enhance and guarantee results. Happy New YOU!!!

I am doing this one! I am one Week 3, Wednesday.

Cathe recommends that after you do the Mesocycle cycle you should take a week off.

I don’t know how I feel about that, but I think is how a person feels after you do after the fourth week!

Good luck!!

STS MESOCYCLE ONE

Week One:
Mon: STS Disc #1 (Chest, Shoulders, Biceps)
Tues: Shock Cardio….Hiit 40/20
Wed: STS Disc #2 (Back and Triceps)
Thurs: Shock Cardio….MMA Boxing (No Heavy Bag Bonus)
Fri: STS Disc #3 (Legs)
Sat: Shock Cardio…Step Moves plus Ab Circuits Yoga based Abs

Week Two:
Mon: STS Disc #4 (Chest, Shoulders, Biceps)
Tues: Shock Cardio….Hiit 30/30 plus Ab Circuits Pilates based Abs
Wed: STS Disc #5 (Back and Triceps)
Fri: STS Disc #6 (Legs)
Sat: Shock Cardio… MMA Kickbox

Week Three:
Mon: STS Disc #7 (Chest, Shoulders, Biceps)
Tues: Shock Cardio….Hiit Double Wave Pyramid
Wed: STS Disc #8 (Back and Triceps)
Thurs: Shock Cardio….MMA Boxing
Fri: STS Disc #9 (Legs)
Sat: Shock Cardio… MMA Fusion

Week Four:
Mon: STS Disc #10 (Chest, Shoulders, Biceps)
Tues: Shock Cardio….Hiit 40/20 Plus Ab Circuits Stability Ball Abs
Wed: STS Disc #11 (Back and Triceps)
Thurs: Shock Cardio….Athletic Step Plus Ab Circuits Weights and Plates
Fri: STS Disc #12 (Legs)
Sat: Shock Cardio… Circuit Blast (Cardio Only Premix) Plus Heavy Bag Bonus Workout (Total time 42 min)

STS MESOCYCLE TWO

Week One:
Mon: Shock Cardio….Hiit 30/30 Plus Med Ball Abs
Tues: STS Disc #13 (Chest, Shoulders, Triceps)
Wed: Shock Cardio…Cardio Core Circuit (cardio only premix) Plus Ab Circuits No Equipment Abs
Thurs: STS Disc #14 (Legs Tri-Sets)
Fri: Shock Cardio…..Step Moves
Sat: STS Disc #15 (Back and Biceps)

Week Two:
Mon: Shock Cardio…Hiit Double Wave Pyramid
Tues: STS Disc #16 (Chest, Shoulders, Triceps)
Wed: Shock Cardio….Athletic Step Plus Ab Circuits Yoga Based Abs
Thurs: STS Disc #17 (Legs Tri-Sets)
Fri: Shock Cardio…MMA Boxing (Plus Heavy Bag Bonus)
Sat: STS Disc #18 (Back and Biceps)

Week Three:
Mon: Shock Cardio….Hiit 40/20
Tues: STS Disc #19 (Chest, Shoulders, Triceps)
Wed: Shock Cardio….MMA Fusion Plus Circuit Blast Cardio Only Premix
Thurs: STS Disc #20 (Legs Tri-Sets)
Fri: Shock Cardio….MMA Kickbox PLUS Heavy Bag Bonus
Sat: STS Disc #21 (Back and Biceps)

Week Four:
Mon: Shock Cardio….Hiit 30/30 plus Ab Circuits Weights and Plates
Tues: STS Disc #22 (Chest, Shoulders, Triceps)
Wed: Shock Cardio…MMA Boxing (No Heavy Bag Bonus)
Thurs: STS Disc #23 (Legs Tri-Sets)
Fri: Shock Cardio…Cardio Core Circuit
Sat: STS Disc #24 (Back and Biceps)

STS MESOCYCLE THREE

Week One
Mon: STS Disc #25 (Chest, Back)
Tues: Shock Cardio….HiiT Double Wave Pyramid
Wed: STS Disc #26 (Plyo Legs or Squat Rack Routine)
Thurs: Shock Cardio….MMA Fusion
Fri: STS Disc #27 (Shoulders, Biceps, Triceps)
Sat: Shock Cardio ..Athletic Step plus Ab Circuits No Equipment Needed

Week Two
Mon: STS Disc #28 (Chest, Back)
Tues: Shock Cardio….Hiit 30/30 Plus Heavy Bag Bonus Workout
Wed: STS Disc #29 (Plyo Legs or Squat Rack Routine)
Thurs: Shock Cardio….MMA Kickbox
Fri: STS Disc #30 (Shoulders, Biceps, Triceps)
Sat: Shock Cardio …Cardio Core Circuit

Week Three
Mon: STS Disc #31 (Chest, Back)
Tues: Shock Cardio….Hiit 40/20…Plus Ab Circuits Pilates Based Abs
Wed: STS Disc #32 (Plyo Legs or Squat Rack Routine)
Thurs: Shock Cardio….MMA Fusion Plus Heavy Bag Bonus Workout
Fri: STS Disc #33 (Shoulders, Biceps, Triceps)
Sat: Shock Cardio ….Step Moves plus Circuit Blast Cardio Only Premix

Week Four
Mon: STS Disc #34 (Chest, Back)
Tues: Shock Cardio….Athletic Step
Wed: STS Disc #35 (Plyo Legs or Squat Rack Routine)
Fri: STS Disc #36 (Shoulders, Biceps, Triceps)
Sat: Shock Cardio ….MMA Kickbox
This is so awesome - thank you so much!!! ;)

This is so awesome - thank you so much!!! ;)
I hope that helped!!!! There is so much on the internet that Cathe has online!!! If you have her Ondemand app there is a section on the bottom called rotation and when you click it you also can Workout Rotations you can pick from STS, Fit|Split, Fit Tower Advance, Lite, ICE and many more... but, if you are looking if it automatically becomes plays premixes to it please check before you do it. If not, then you can click the premix and chose your premix!

My Roku APP doesn’t have the rotations for Cathe OnDemand like my Apple Phone has yet! So, I have to take that into consideration.

I am you liked it!!! Like I said type some of the rotations you would like to try on the internet and most of them will be up. There are some rotations you can buy, like for STS, but check the internet search before you do!

That is what I did!! If I can do it anybody can!! :) Jen Den!!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.